Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
lordgodofhell
Sweord
6 posters

Need help with Havel set build

Sweord
    Sweord

Need help with Havel set build Empty Need help with Havel set build

Post by Sweord Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 pm

I've decided to try making a tanky build for once, as all my other builds are fast rolling with lighter armour. This time around, I wanted a mid-roller with lots of defense and poise (also mainly an excuse to use Havel's set, for once).

This is what I came up with: http://mmdks.com/2e4c

Now, I'm not very good at making PvP builds, so I wanted some input from you guys to try to make this as viable as possible. I'd prefer if the main weapon was strength based, but if you can give a good enough reason to use a different weapon, I'm all ears.

Also, I'd like to mention that I already made the character for this build, but haven't gone beyond Firelink. Just wanted to mention it so people would keep in mind that I kind of have to use a bandit as the class for this build. (again, if there's good enough reasoning, I'll just make a new character of a different class)

Thanks for reading! Prostration
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need help with Havel set build Empty Re: Need help with Havel set build

Post by lordgodofhell Mon May 20, 2013 12:03 am

Don't use elemental weps on a tank build. http://mmdks.com/2e4h

Murakumo for dead angle/ stun lock. Glgs for stunlock or running r1 attacks into other combos.

Small leather shield parry speed is quicker than Black Knight shield. In my personal opinion, one in full havels does not need a big ol' shield. You can poise attacks.

Comp bow is always a good idea and hits hard.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 am

http://mmdks.com/2e8p

Try this one on for size, you will certainly have the element of surprise. whilst this may at first seem rather impractical, the fast roll will be an ace up your sleeve, you have enough poise to stop a train, and the greatlord greatsword is a fairly decent weapon. also, if you don't want the shield, two-hand it. I'm certainly no expert when it comes to PVP, but this build will be nothing if not fun big grin
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Mon May 20, 2013 5:25 am

best str exclusive weapon is the great hammer class. great hammer class is best with fast roll. str build = fast roll !? i'd say get 76poise while maintaining fast roll and use large club or man serpent greatsword. http://mmdks.com/2ea2 this will be pretty awesome!
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon May 20, 2013 12:47 pm

With the golem axe you don't need a bow since it has a long range attack. I would change the club to normal path. Demon machete and demon great axe will be stronger though.

the silver knight shield has slightly higher stability than the black shield I think.

And I'm all for pure-tanks, but you might want to think about trading a few points of Vitality for Attunement and use a couple pyromancies.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Havel can also use miracles I've read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am