Damn Washing pole...

    Share
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Damn Washing pole...

    Post by bloodpixel on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 am

    Such a long range and sweep sad


    _________________
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 am

    Yeah its beautiful like that. I used it on my first pvp build, it makes using katanas so much easier.


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:33 am

    I've made a few dex build variations but still haven't used it. I think I'm going to soon...


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by reim0027 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:38 am

    That range is killer. But, if you want a buffable version, you have to sacrifice vitality to get it (at 120 SL).


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:22 am

    Much agreed that was the issue with my last pvp build. I getting the 20 str needed for the weapon I sacrificed vit and faith. both of which would probably have benefited me more in the long run. Still if you can use it 2hnd then its essentially at its best.


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Carphil on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:33 am

    Sacrifice vit? I'm pretty sure you can have 40 vit, 40 end, 20 str, 40 dex and 30 faith in sl 122 more or less

    unless for you guys 40 vit and end is low and I'm screwed


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Gol on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 am

    All my dex build have only 30 vit/end, it's enough imo.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by reim0027 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 am

    Carphil wrote:Sacrifice vit? I'm pretty sure you can have 40 vit, 40 end, 20 str, 40 dex and 30 faith in sl 122 more or less

    unless for you guys 40 vit and end is low and I'm screwed
    You can, and with 10 attunement, you can have a SL of 117. But, you are sacrificing Faith to do it. With a Faith of 30, you are sacrificing your buff and WoG power though (over 50 points in magic adjust).

    Not to say that isn't powerful, it is. But, on a dex build that requires a higher strength, you have to sacrifice something. Unless you want to go elemental, which is how I see many Washing Pole builds.

    An alternative to the 30 Faith route is to use GMW with an Oolacile Catalyst. It gives a magic adjust of 180 (which is higher than you can get with 30 faith), and only requires 12 Int

    CMW requires 25 Int, which will save you 5 points too.

    You can also save some points by dropping End to 35 or 30.

    **What I don't know is if there is an additional magic damage done that is spell-related (and not related to the magic adjust).


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Carphil on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:37 am

    ^

    Very good observation

    For me 30 faith is enough to use SLB, I normally don't have time to buff and kill everyone without it, I could just boost Vit and End and use a elemental, but I think those builds are boring.

    At 40 dex and 30 faith, I can have very good damage, and in my build I also use dragon form and with luck, red tearstone.

    Sacrificing defense and ninja flip, I can do more damage than any elemental build.

    Now without using any point in STR and boosting faith would be even better like you said


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 am

    I find there is a very easy way to deal with Washing Pole users, Riposte. I can't tell you how often I just outright kill them with this in the forest. I will even use the weapon myself from time to time and as I fight people all I think is, "Why aren't you going for a parry?" It's the same with any fast hitting weapon like that, you can exactly know when the next swing is coming.
    avatar
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Dominican Republic

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Yesuurd on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:00 am

    Or makes a pure fighting buid no faith or int like my 120sl, it's hardcore cuz everyone has something up their sleeve especially WOTG etc... Having nothing magic or faith related makes it hardcore but rewarding.


    _________________
    Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
    Add me for joining our Fight Clubs
    PSN=yesuurd
    FC for life!!!
    avatar
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Dominican Republic

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Yesuurd on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 am

    Tolvo wrote:I find there is a very easy way to deal with Washing Pole users, Riposte. I can't tell you how often I just outright kill them with this in the forest. I will even use the weapon myself from time to time and as I fight people all I think is, "Why aren't you going for a parry?" It's the same with any fast hitting weapon like that, you can exactly know when the next swing is coming.

    Yeah but you are talking about most unexperienced player who hack away at you and see you are parrying and still keep at it, someone who knows how to use katanas always slashes through an angle and at the openings of your attack, with the washing pole it is even easier because of the lenght of the attack, it is truly
    a great weapon.

    Note that I am just making an observation not disagreeing since I myself have parried many katana users whom just slash away at me thoughtlessly.


    _________________
    Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
    Add me for joining our Fight Clubs
    PSN=yesuurd
    FC for life!!!
    avatar
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 186
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by LOLRagezzz on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 am

    I love slashing in between your guys parries, parry guy.


    _________________
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

    PSN-- LOLRagezz
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 pm

    There is a difference between merely spamming parries and actually timing them, which is pretty easy once you notice the lag delay. Plus if I'm carrying my Hornets ring since in the Forest I use it to kill the jerks and farmers, even an easier kill on the washing pole users. big grin

    Might I suggest picking an even more annoying and long reaching weapon? Demon Spear haha.
    avatar
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Dominican Republic

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Yesuurd on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:51 pm

    Tolvo wrote:There is a difference between merely spamming parries and actually timing them, which is pretty easy once you notice the lag delay. Plus if I'm carrying my Hornets ring since in the Forest I use it to kill the jerks and farmers, even an easier kill on the washing pole users. big grin

    Might I suggest picking an even more annoying and long reaching weapon? Demon Spear haha.

    I do the same, tolvo let's duel I wanna see you parry my washing pole, I'll msg you later on.


    _________________
    Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
    Add me for joining our Fight Clubs
    PSN=yesuurd
    FC for life!!!
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:53 pm

    Hopefully this time we can actually connect with one another haha.
    avatar
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 186
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by LOLRagezzz on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 am

    Yesuurd wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:There is a difference between merely spamming parries and actually timing them, which is pretty easy once you notice the lag delay. Plus if I'm carrying my Hornets ring since in the Forest I use it to kill the jerks and farmers, even an easier kill on the washing pole users. big grin

    Might I suggest picking an even more annoying and long reaching weapon? Demon Spear haha.

    I do the same, tolvo let's duel I wanna see you parry my washing pole, I'll msg you later on.

    Many naysayers of our beloved pole, huh Yesuurd?


    _________________
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

    PSN-- LOLRagezz
    avatar
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1466
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Dominican Republic

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Yesuurd on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:46 am

    LOLRagezzz wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:There is a difference between merely spamming parries and actually timing them, which is pretty easy once you notice the lag delay. Plus if I'm carrying my Hornets ring since in the Forest I use it to kill the jerks and farmers, even an easier kill on the washing pole users. big grin

    Might I suggest picking an even more annoying and long reaching weapon? Demon Spear haha.

    I do the same, tolvo let's duel I wanna see you parry my washing pole, I'll msg you later on.

    Many naysayers of our beloved pole, huh Yesuurd?

    Indeed, the onle one who has parried me using WP is reim and he did it first try, respect...


    _________________
    Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
    Add me for joining our Fight Clubs
    PSN=yesuurd
    FC for life!!!
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 pm

    big grin

    TY. I had to do something, or else you would have slaughtered me, running around my attacks like that.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 124
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-02-21

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by barecanvas on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 pm

    Im still learning to parry katana weapons, just for those really aggresive people who stacks on poise.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Damn Washing pole...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:24 pm