Been A While. Sorry for possible post repeat!

The_Reflecting_God

Been A While. Sorry for possible post repeat!

Post by The_Reflecting_God on Sun May 19, 2013 5:50 am

So let me start by saying Hey! To everyone and anyone willing to remark on this post and to all the people who have helped me previously =D. With that out of the way. I'm going to try and get to the point...I've recently returned to the Dark Souls world after a long much needed break from gaming in general..To find that my beloved Xbox had passed away..(RIP) So to remedy my new need for a gaming console i dusted off my keyboard and mouse and purchased a copy of DS on PC...fun times..Sadly now i can't recall how to correctly spec and play...So i am here to question the pros of the DS universe..
    Firstly i recall playing a Pyromancer..and choosing the Master Key as a accessory. I had an array of incredibly intricate reasons for that, that i can't quite recall sadly...=P
    But i am more interested in how i should go about placing skill points..I primarily used melee and basically used fire as a blast shield to rip large amounts of HP off enemies in single hits. But i somehow recall not putting alot..if any points into Intelligence? And i don't recall if i spec'd Str/End with Limited points in Vitality..I didn't use heavy armor in any case as well..Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Been A While. Sorry for possible post repeat!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun May 19, 2013 6:31 am

The_Reflecting_God wrote:Firstly i recall playing a Pyromancer..and choosing the Master Key as a accessory. I had an array of incredibly intricate reasons for that, that i can't quite recall sadly...=P

The "intricate reasons" are that it simply is, hands-down, the best gift in the game, keep picking it. As for the Intelligence question, yes, the Pyro glove does scale with Intelligence but the spells do not. Confusing, I know. But when you see that Intelligence scaling for your Pyro flame it is telling you that your melee attacks with your glove will be stronger owing to the Intelligence scaling.

tl;dr - Intelligence has no bearing on the strength of pyros, that is determined by the level of upgrade your glove is at.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 am

What Pendant said.

Investing into INT on a Pyro build is like investing into Resistance.

Completely worthless.

If you want I can throw together a quick Pyro STR build without heavy armor.

I'll even let you use the super cool Toasty Robes of Comfort setup.

The_Reflecting_God

Post by The_Reflecting_God on Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 am

Lol "Toasty Robes of Comfort"? XD That would be amazing btw I feel so out of my element again, Not an easy game to manage while like that either =P

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage on Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 am

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/
    If you have any questions, it would probably be easier to check out the wiki than to ask specific questions here. I know it's a fairly large read, so it's up to you...

Anyhow, welcome back

Last edited by wretchedsausage on Mon May 20, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didnt make sense ;P)

"What a shame it is that so little of what can be done actually is"- Me

"Those who fight with 'honor' are not fighting to win"- Me

"A try-hard is what a bad loser calls a winner"- robsthedon
    The_Reflecting_God

Post by The_Reflecting_God on Tue May 28, 2013 4:17 am

Did check the forums..i also have the strat guide, but both aren't very accurate in what i wanted, So i thought the best effort would be to check out if anyone had a similar character here

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue May 28, 2013 4:35 am

http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10790-comprehensive-survey-of-dexterity-s-impact-on-sorcery-casting-speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfPcu_B0nQ&feature=youtu.be

These might help you out a bit. Dexterity goes really well with a focus on Pyromancy since casting speed is much faster with high dexterity, capping at 45. Just some things to think about for your character.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:35 pm