Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ICEFANG
RANT
Elifia
Ghadis_God
Dibsville
Dusk Soul
10 posters

How to use a Black Knight Halberd ?

Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

How to use a Black Knight Halberd ? Empty How to use a Black Knight Halberd ?

Post by Dusk Soul Sat May 18, 2013 9:57 pm

I seriously need some tips on how to use them.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

How to use a Black Knight Halberd ? Empty Re: How to use a Black Knight Halberd ?

Post by Dibsville Sat May 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Kite.
    Unfortunately, it's the best way.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

How to use a Black Knight Halberd ? Empty Re: How to use a Black Knight Halberd ?

Post by Ghadis_God Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 pm

It's a defensive weapon- don't attack when the enemy is close to you, try to predict the enemy's attack and swing so you can hit them with your range while they miss. If you take a small step after each swing you won't do the second sweep and can continue the overhead attack. Also, it's possible to dead angle the opponent by unlocking for the sweeping swing in the combo. The roll attack covers a wide area and can be used to keep the opponent away from you.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Does kitting means hit and run tactics? I am not sure I fully understand the term. I take it to be closing in, getting a quick hit and then rolling away to safety. If that is the case would quick rolling be a priority over poise?

It also seems to go against my fighting style, I am quite aggressive unless I fight against (ultra)greatswords users in which case I try to dodge and capitalize on the slow-ish recovery time. I also favour fast weapons, mostly curved swords.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

I prefer to call it a 'run and hit' tactic rather than 'hit and run.'
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:Does kitting means hit and run tactics? I am not sure I fully understand the term. I take it to be closing in, getting a quick hit and then rolling away to safety. If that is the case would quick rolling be a priority over poise?

It also seems to go against my fighting style, I am quite aggressive unless I fight against (ultra)greatswords users in which case I try to dodge and capitalize on the slow-ish recovery time. I also favour fast weapons, mostly curved swords.

No, that's not quite it. You're not supposed to close in. You're supposed to stay at the very edge of your range. Which is pretty far away, so hopefully it's outside of their range happy
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sat May 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Hmm, now I am not sure if it is the weapon for me, from what I see it is goes against how I like to fight.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun May 19, 2013 12:51 am

You can play it with poise and midroll if you're quick on swapping back to your shield to parry or block and good at keeping a distance. But you can't be aggressive with it because it leaves you open.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun May 19, 2013 12:55 am

what ghad said, if you're just trying weapons I sugest making a quality build(high sl) so you can use all weapons and figure out which ones you like better then make a build around them.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 am

It really is a pretty lacking weapon. The other Halberd class weapons are similar or overall superior while having much much less weight and requirements.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 am

It is great for PvE though.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 am

i has pretty good dmg values @ 32/18 wich is a really low investment, also for some bizarre reason full leo ring support. downsides are its weight, it's unbuffable and its impractical R2s (imagine the 1h R2 with 2hits <3). i say it's a good weapon as black knight weapons need their own build anyways.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sun May 19, 2013 10:43 am

I'm trying it for the Warriors of steel event; but I think i won't be using it. Thanks for the tips though.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 am

http://mmdks.com/2dr4 that is a good ionformation, as bkh is one of the best low lvl weapons there is imo. i can clearly see this build dominating any lvl55 melee competition. have a quickrolling obsidian sword variant as backup like so: http://mmdks.com/2dra and be good!
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun May 19, 2013 12:32 pm

its an extremely aggressive weapon that hits hard and fast, with an amazing moveset, get enough Str to 1h it. the 1h r2s can be devestating unlocked, i like to use with dwgr and ravioli step like mad, and run and hit and roll does wonders, and if you have enough stamina, time the r1 after roll well and dont get parried. greaat for 27 40 builds as well
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sun May 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Wait, does the BKH benefits from the Leo Ring? According to mybgame it is an slashing weapon.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun May 19, 2013 1:43 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:for some bizarre reason full leo ring support
    seems like kind of an oversight but yeah..one of the lesser known weapon facts
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sun May 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Hhmmm that is interesting.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sun May 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Don't forget the fact it breaks higher poise than the other halberds. MartyrsBrigade has video of using it verse good duelists effectively. Could be useful just for ideas.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sun May 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Do you have a link by anychance? I can't seem to find the videos with the BKH, though I have seen his others videos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm