Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Dutchy
Ahhotep1
Halicarnassis
VaDoom
ResIsBestStat
Serious_Much
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Marino.
User1
GrinTwist
15 posters

CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over - Page 4 Empty Re: CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:59 pm

It looks like me and Serious are partners, cool. I was promised a drunk run too.

Unless if the new member wants in on the event, I'll have to shoot them a message and Serious a friend request.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over - Page 4 Empty Re: CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Good Luck with your Event Guys!! May it go well and be a ton of FUN!! cheers
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 am

Grin I can't be involved for this. I had to make a decision that affected this weekend for me so I can't get on in time. Sorry.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:15 am

That's a bummer, Soree. I can't confirm my availability either. I have exams on Sunday (yes, Sunday) so it remains to be seen how much studying I'll have to do on Saturday. CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over - Page 4 57929600
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 am

Alright I've removed both of you from the OP, so now Ren is by himself although I have no idea if his plans have changed either.

This really hasn't turned out as well as I hoped, I just hope no one else leaves the event either.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:02 am

GrinTwist wrote:Alright I've removed both of you from the OP, so now Ren is by himself although I have no idea if his plans have changed either.

This really hasn't turned out as well as I hoped, I just hope no one else leaves the event either.

If by any other misfortune the event can't be done properly because of the lack of members, I think it doesn't absolutely requiere to be limited in time.
    Sure making it an event should motivate people to actually do the run and is funnier because everyone does it at the same time.
    I'll be busy this weekend, but I'm still interested in doing this kind of run at an other time if anyone wants to team with me.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:29 am

GrinTwist wrote:Alright I've removed both of you from the OP, so now Ren is by himself although I have no idea if his plans have changed either.

I'm so sorry, Grin.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:58 am

I am not in the cov, but if XBOX members are lacking, then xbox members shall be gained!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:05 pm

I think i'll have Time but Res doesnt answer my PMs and he doesn't seem to be interested anymore i think pony02 .

Perhaps we should just increase the Time this Event takes place. Why not just the whole of June ?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Wonderful idea, Marino! CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over - Page 4 558843162 CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over - Page 4 1317743761
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:I am not in the cov, but if XBOX members are lacking, then xbox members shall be gained!

It's always appreciated for others to join so your more than welcome to.

@Marino Maybe not through the whole month how about a week or a week and a half long event? I think it would help a lot for a lot of you if the event was extended a little longer.

@Pendant It's fine hopefully you can join if I extend the event for a week.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:52 pm

I guess a Week should suffice happy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Hopefully we can get more people to join. Also I need to know if Pendant and Soris can still attend with the new event schedule.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes, I should be able to go. I can't do 24-hour marathons during the week but I should be able to play. I guess it'll depend on if Soree can go.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeah I can work with this schedule. But I can't do any 24 hour thing though I should work with nights well.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:32 pm

The big issue I personally have is how much of a pain it is to have to find the sign and re summon for every new area, particularly when you can burn through some areas stupid fast (Burg, upper and lower. Parish, Btown if you go in the back, depths if you go by way of giant rat) Basically until Anor Londo each area is over and done with quite speedily.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Jansports wrote:The big issue I personally have is how much of a pain it is to have to find the sign and re summon for every new area, particularly when you can burn through some areas stupid fast (Burg, upper and lower. Parish, Btown if you go in the back, depths if you go by way of giant rat) Basically until Anor Londo each area is over and done with quite speedily.

That's not really the point though. It's about working in partnership. /)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Jansports wrote:The big issue I personally have is how much of a pain it is to have to find the sign and re summon for every new area, particularly when you can burn through some areas stupid fast (Burg, upper and lower. Parish, Btown if you go in the back, depths if you go by way of giant rat) Basically until Anor Londo each area is over and done with quite speedily.

The Summoning is pretty smooth once you find each others Sign for the first time .
    I immediately see my Partners signature after summoning him for the first time .
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Finding a sign should be easy with a partner. You tell where you place the sign and I find it easy. Side note: if you kill Reah after the Capra demon does she drop her items?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 pm

She drops Humanity and the Ivory Talisman if that's what you.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:13 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

That's not really the point though. It's about working in partnership. /)

Then why is there an award for fastest completion?

And I still think summoning every area is a pain, there should really be a super co-op mode in DaS2 where you can go through the entire game with someone without having to re summon them over and over.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Well, i think it's still up to debate if we do all Areas or start from Sens.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Personally when it comes to summoning I know it can be a bit of a drag, which is why I encourage talking your partners about putting your sign down in more obscure spots that most might not be able to find.

Also the title for the fastest completion is optional too, no one has to go out and rush through the game unless if they want to. I just thought that maybe someone may have wanted to be a bit more competitive than the other groups and try to set a time.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:24 am

Ok, with the time extention of a week, I can join the event.
    I need a mate now CoF Event: The Travels of the Cult - Event Over - Page 4 460936331
    As for the problem about finding the summoning sign, from my experience in such a run, the problem isn't anymore after the first successful summon. After that the sign of your mate appears almost instantly.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:21 am

For any xbox users, I don't know about PSN, but if you want to join one of your friends quickly, and have the summoning sign seen almost instantly, if one of you is playing, the other can join your session in progress. This puts them in your lobby, so that when the sign is put down, it is shown to the lobby they are in first, which includes you. The VaDoom is correct because after the first time, you are in their lobby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 am