Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Latitoast
GrinTwist
Elifia
Nybbles
Maneater_Mildred
Rumeye
Animaaal
Glutebrah
crbngville2
Werdax
reim0027
GenericUsername
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
lordgodofhell
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
skarekrow13
TheMeInTeam
Forum Pirate
LunarFog
Tolvo
billy_bayonet
evandmcgrath95
27 posters

whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries?

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries? - Page 3 Empty Re: whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries?

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat May 18, 2013 2:07 am

TWoP is a fairly long cast time. You definitely have time to backstab punish or get away usually, unless you get spawn-camped. However, you can easily die to well timed dark beads, CSS, tempest, or other things w/o it when spawn camped too.

The glitch on this spell is really bad based on what I've read though; it's just constant unblockable damage that is essentially going to kill you. Maybe THAT's what he means by "TWoD".
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries? - Page 3 Empty Re: whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries?

Post by Animaaal Sat May 18, 2013 2:14 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:...Maybe THAT's what he means by "TWoD"....

Correctomundo!!!

I've used TWoP though. I used it with my bow build and thought I was playing pretty fair. I just created space and went for headshots, if they pressed me of course I spammed em with my falchion, or backstabbed them or something, but I never pressed them. It just felt a little cheap to me.

With that said, most people who use TWoP will pressure you and spam something...just parry....and you can parry spells too.<--was never good at timing those though. Shrug

***edit***

Just to clarify "Tranquil Walk of Death"
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 am

I hate it when people use acronyms all the time here, I have no idea what half the things are people are talking about.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 18, 2013 2:07 pm

ExplodingPenguin wrote:I hate it when people use acronyms all the time here, I have no idea what half the things are people are talking about.

Guilty. Hurrah

Also, get used to it. I do it all the time and I know I try harder than most not to do it.

Try this: acronyms - Abbreviations and Acronyms

I also, like Emergence says in that thread, there is some additional info in the "New Player" section/s.

Also, dont worry, if you play Dark Souls for any period of time and/or participate in the forums, you'll be doing it too.

None-the-less, I apologize on behalf of the regulars, its just second nature sometimes, we sorry, Bow
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat May 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Animaaal wrote:Try this: acronyms - Abbreviations and Acronyms

I also, like Emergence says in that thread, there is some additional info in the "New Player" section/s.

Also, dont worry, if you play Dark Souls for any period of time and/or participate in the forums, you'll be doing it too.
    Or this: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t8410-dsd-the-dark-souls-dictionary ^^
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 18, 2013 5:31 pm

^that one is way better.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 pm

When you are being ganked, it is fairly easy for them to get TWoD cast and snare you in it. 1 on 1 is much harder.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat May 18, 2013 10:37 pm

The problem with using TWoP is that it is a spell that renders dodging impossible, and paired up with moves that require dodging (even by fat roll) makes it obscenely broken, despite its cast time. With things like Dark Bead, getting caught with TWoP is essentially instant death unless you carry the ALMIGHTY STRONG MAGIC SHIELD.

On a melee level, TWoP makes you easy backstab target (requiring you to do a large amount of unlock turning [and well timed]) in addition that you are also an inevitable deadangle target. It is very difficult to use TWoP fairly, but then again so is Dark Bead and we stopped complaining about that.

Ultimately the ways I have used TWoP is to make distance to either bow or to use a Heal Miracle (because no other way you're pulling that out).
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 11:05 pm

In the forest I routinely use Great Heal in front of people. You'd be surprised at the ineptness of some people and lack of confidence.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Forest. Am not impressed. If people are willing to backstab through my Fire Tempest what makes you think they won't backstab you through a possible TWoP (similar animations)? At least, where I'm at, that is what most people do.
    Ostrava34
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ostrava34 Mon May 20, 2013 4:49 am

evandmcgrath95 wrote:To me its frustrating to have invested so much into sorcery and just miss again and again. Its so rare to actually land that soul spear and usually its just luck, like he was in the middle of eating moss/grass.
    I guess it is strong but what else am I supposed to do?

My experience with CSS - which can deal around 1000 damage per cast at least - users is that two casts of it can kill a heavily armored character like me (I have 1820 hp and am using the giant's helm+ black iron set) .So imo, it's understandable that people would call using TWOP - which as was mentioned before, will take away your ability to roll/ evade - with CSS "cheap" since you can fire away with surety of a spell landing. True, one might say that you can counter this combo by simply tanking the spells until TWOP wears off by using either a great shield like havel or GMB; but a lot of people won't have the option of being able to equip these countermeasures.

All that said, perhaps ranged combat isn't meant for you given your current difficulty with it? Why not change your approach and try making a melee combat oriented character? Personally, with the exception of weapon buffs, I only use sorcery in PVE situations (since I suck at using spells). It's been this way since Demon's Souls, and it's worked out well for me - both in PVP and PVE. Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am