Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
A Fierce Plankton
Werdax
Gyonimizotetsu
Johnthethird
Sargerus
Epicfailville
raecor14
11 posters

maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2 Empty maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2

Post by raecor14 Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 pm

i doubt you are undead in dark souls 2 as you don't have humanity, this basically the "worth" of your undead being AND there is now a new way to heal other than the estus flask which is an undead favorite. i was thinking you where chosen by a god (the heroine) or you had some sort of occult/magical curse that worked like the undead curse but relied on some new power that replaces humanity, what are you thoughts?
    Epicfailville
    Epicfailville

maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2 Empty Re: maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2

Post by Epicfailville Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 pm

In one of the videos it says you are one of the undead. Without hope and without light.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2 Empty Re: maybe you are not "undead" in dark souls 2

Post by Sargerus Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 pm

The debut trailer said "you are of the undead" so...
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Epicfailville wrote:In one of the videos it says you are one of the undead. Without hope and without light.
    i am now back to being confused, than you bounce
    Epicfailville
    Epicfailville

Post by Epicfailville Wed May 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Based off that without light comment they make, I think they are replacing "humanity" with "light". I also think that because the humanity counter is replaced with something that looks like a sun and a crescent moon which makes me think it has something to do with the light.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Thu May 16, 2013 1:16 am

"you are of the undead. forever without hope. forever without light"

I'm pretty sure that you're undead.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu May 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Yeah. And Estus is not the only way to heal. There are Goddess's Blessing or whatever that healing thing is. And in the demo, you see your healing item as "Healing Drop Stone"
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu May 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Its pretty much confirmed through the reveal trailer that you are an undead. Besides, if they took away the undead part, what would make the player stand out from other RPG protagonists?
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Estus flasks WILL be in the game, Tanimura confirmed it on the interview after the 12 minute gameplay premiere. Why they haven't showed it yet is not known.
    So yeah, your character is definately undead.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu May 16, 2013 10:19 pm

I'd guess that "light" is something like humanity in a way, allowing you to gain a human appearance again.

That's all I can really say since I haven't seen anymore on how it works yet.
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

Guys. GUYS. Theory here.

Human if you have light, Undead if you don't? What does the vanishing of the flame does? Extinguish light. Also eradicate a lot of the humans, possibly turning them...hollow?

Okay, I'm going to theorize about something far-fetched here, but bear with me. Let's say the First Flame faded. Now, only fragments of light remains and holding light inside you would be the ONLY way to stay sane in the world. You would have to steal it from beings, killing them in the process, only to achieve your primary goal...But I have no idea what it will be about. It sure won't be about the First Flame since it'd be quite redundant and that's not From Software's way.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sat May 18, 2013 4:29 am

I think it should be like Skeleton Warriors- you have no saves and if you die once you have to start the whole game all over.

Maybe there are now differing kinds of Undead? Some that need something else to gain back the flesh or something...
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 18, 2013 5:17 am

Just because we don't have Humanity doesn't mean we're not undead.
    By this time, we may or may not know how to control our Humanity, which may explain why he doesn't have any. So, lore wise, Humanity is non-existent until later on.

That or it's because the game is in some pre-alpha version and Humanity hasn't been added yet, so the part of your bar that normally houses Humanity hasn't been edited yet. The stars and such could just be a filler until they can work on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am