Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion

IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Re: Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion

Post by IIdoneus on Tue May 14, 2013 9:05 pm

I really enjoy the Butcher Knife.

PSN: IIdoneus

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Tue May 14, 2013 9:12 pm

RANT wrote:I want a straight sword that scales with str, the broadsword would've ben perfect for it, I want that thing to have an A scaling in str on dks2. make it happen FROM, dex gets the bss(arguably the best straight sword in the game) and str gets crap.

Comment deserves maximum upreps imo.

-MSGS

-BKGA

-Pickaxe w/Leo Ring

-Reinforced Club

-Large Club

*No particular order
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 pm

RANT wrote:I want a straight sword that scales with str, the broadsword would've ben perfect for it, I want that thing to have an A scaling in str on dks2. make it happen FROM, dex gets the bss(arguably the best straight sword in the game) and str gets crap.
    I've always said this, but the best candidate would be the Drake Sword. Give it D scaling like the Dragon Tooth and have it cap its damage around 375 at 40 Str like the SKSS. As it is, a Str build can have 10 Dex and just make a Chaos Broadsword or Barbed sword. I like the Barbed sword more for the bleed pressure if the opponent turtles up at low health.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Tue May 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Greatsword is unappreciated. Don't lock on and dead-angle people to death.
    Black knight greataxe is, by far, one of my favorite weapons.
    Large club/Great club/Dragon Tooth has a great rolling attack.
    But the weapon I think is the best one, that isn't completely strength based though, is the Greatsword of Artorius. The sword is just a glorious masterpiece of a weapon, with magic damage and a strong attack that if used correctly can devastate people.
    Giant's halberd is pretty great as well.
    Greataxe does buttloads of damage and can stunlock, but one of the harder weapons to get a hit with.

The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls on Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Demon's Great Machete is my personal favourite, but because of it's weight I tend to use the Large Club or MSGS instead.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 am

Giant Blacksmith Hammer. I think it's probably one of the best strength weapons in the game.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 am

I see it as a Str weapon like the QFS is a Dex weapon; they have such minimal physical damage and scaling that using them at base in only slightly less effective.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am

The best strength weapon is probably the man-serpent greatsword: light, as fast as the claymore, good move-set, great scaling and damage.

My personal favorite strength weapons to use are the dragon greatsword and dragon king greataxe. They don't have any scaling so 34 strength is the most you need so you can two-hand them and dat R2 is so much fun.

I think allot of weapons you see on strength builds are actually better to use on a quality build: greatsword, zwei, stone greatsword, artorias swords etc.

I don't like using the move-set of allot of the pure strength weapons either: great clubs, demon greataxe, demon machete etc. Sure the damage is spectacular, I just don't like using them, they feel so awkward and sluggish.

There are also some overlooked strength weapons you don't see very often that are actually allot of fun to use: butcher knife, golem axe, giant blacksmith hammer etc.

Hopefully DS2 will be a bit more balanced between strength, quality and dexterity builds. Strength should scale slower mostly due to that x1.5 AR from two handing, but have a higher break point so it's actually worth while to invest in that all that strength you need to meet those absurd weapon requirements. Quality weapons should start scaling faster to begin with because it has two scaling stats, but the scaling should also slow sooner as you hit higher levels. Dexterity scaling can stay pretty much the same, fairly consistent until it hits its break point since it doesn't see any benefit from two handing.
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 on Wed May 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Probably the large club. It's all preference, though.

Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Wed May 15, 2013 1:44 pm

I prefer the DGM. Because it is slow, it promotes backstab fishing. Know what's good against backstab fishing? DGM.

Stunlock isn't a problem, as 2 hits are sufficient to scare the bejeebus out of your opponent. Have a back-up for dodgy people, such as the hand ax, like others have said.

Casual

Post by Lorrac ESP on Sun May 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I like the Large Club, but I'm a noob so whatever ;D

Beware with getting BS'd while you're rolling around tho. Read somewhere you can mitigate that with Kirk's stuff (something about damaging them while they're about to backstab).

Because that's the thing with the club, the roll attacks are soooo gooood.

Bit on the heavy side tho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:13 pm