Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
SlothAlmighty
Epicfailville
ResIsBestStat
Werdax
GrinTwist
chaos4ever181
A Fierce Plankton
Hue
mr_no_face
Johnthethird
14 posters

Wandering Knights

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Wandering Knights - Page 2 Empty Re: Wandering Knights

Post by Johnthethird Fri May 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Seignar wrote:Story-wise, you should be hunted down by knights of Thoruland because you're undead.
    Gameplay-wise, it would mean that every set amount of time a random spawning Hostile NPC would spawn in the area. This timer runs while you're in a invasion area (normally, any area you can be invaded) which can include bonfires.

When the timer finishes, a Cleric of Thoruland (for reasons sake, they are some sort of corrupted clerics, not really human) will spawn in the level. All Clerics of Throruland can use Lloyd's Talismans and will retreat if injured (usually to heal). In addition, they scale with your SL in intervals of 10 (If you're SL 25, they are SL 30; SL 40, they are 50). They also all share Group Healing techniques.

You can still invade or be summoned while attacked by a Cleric, but disappearing from your world won't make them go away, just respawn. Killing Clerics awards you with consumable items. Being Hollow speeds up the timer; summoning a player speeds it, but not in the same degree. Being invaded slows it. Invading a player decreases your timer while being a White Phantom increases it.

Killing friendlies decreases the timer. Dying in your world resets it. Going from 1 level to the next does not reset the timer, just transfers it to the next. If you move to another area while there is a Cleric spawned, the Cleric will remain in the area for a set amount of time before another Cleric spawns in the next.

I like the Idea of them being Way of the White Clerics, but I dont agree with the invasion-friendly only area part. I think that they should be able to show up, and chase you anywhere, and they should not be like regular Invaders.

They should throw lloyds talismans, and perhaps they can travel in pairs so that one could charge and mele you while the other supports his friend with miracles. If one gets injured, then the other would retreat and run away like you suggested.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Dibsville wrote:I would like a few wandering enemies, but I believe you should be on at least NG+ to see them.
    This Idea gave me a nother Idea. Perhaps each NG cycle should introduce a new type of wandering enemy to add on to the others.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Thu May 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Johnthethird wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I would like a few wandering enemies, but I believe you should be on at least NG+ to see them.
    This Idea gave me a nother Idea. Perhaps each NG cycle should introduce a new type of wandering enemy to add on to the others.

I like the idea of more types of wandering enemies with each new cycle, but I think it shouldn't be left out of NG. At the very least, they should be rare occurrences that scale to an extent with level. The DkS1 equivalent could have been wandering serpent-men in NG, followed by silver knights in NG+, then possibly black knights, going up to horrible things like the titanite demons by NG+7.

Being hunted down by clerics of Thorolund is a cool idea too, though I like wandering mobs as well and I'm not sure if the inclusion of both might turn up the random factor a bit much. confused

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am