Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dragon's Dogma save rant

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dragon's Dogma save rant Empty Dragon's Dogma save rant

Post by WandererReece Sun May 12, 2013 1:07 pm

I just want to rant about this, and the only forum for this game I found doesn't work well with my browser. Here's what happened:

I started the quest A Parting Tribute, and it took about 3 days to complete.

Day 1: I get the quest at Grand Soren and and try to figure out how to get to my destination. The marker is off the known map. After some exploring I figure out I need to go down a path near The Encampment. I saved and quit.

Day 2: I buy a few upgrades for me and my main Pawn at the Encampment. Then we go down the path. We kill some bandits and meet a chimera. The chimera kills us a few times. We eventually kill it. I saved and quit.

Day 3: We get ambushed by a cyclopse and his minions. This also triggers an ambush quest. We die. I reload and the same thing happens, but the cyclopse is replaced by a dragon! This dragon has about a dozen lives, and it's owning us. We die a lot. Then we just ran past it and entered a vally. This cancelled the Ambush quest, but we're alive and closer to our destination. Then we are ambushed by goblins and die. We run past the dragon again and kill the goblins in the vally. Then I see the dragon coming after us. We run down the valley until the ambush quest is cancelled. After all of that excitment I saved my game. Then we finally reach our destination. I get payed, and the quest is completed. I saved and quit.

Day 4: I load my game and I'm at the Encampment again. I check my quest, and the quest is not listed as completed. Dragon's Dogma save rant 35962279593 days worth of progress is lost.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dragon's Dogma save rant Empty Re: Dragon's Dogma save rant

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm

And that kids is why you keep a backup save at all times, Skyrim taught me this
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 pm

but there is only one save file
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Damn, that sucks. What level are you, Reece?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 am

^ I'm level 20. I keep getting one shotted by everything. I think it's because I'm on hard mode. The irony is my pawns have lower health and defense, but they can take multiple hits. lol!

nsane32 wrote:but there is only one save file

That's what confuses me. I didn't loose all of my save data. I only lost the save data for that mission. I've been playing about a week before taking that mission, and all of that progress is still there. Dragon's Dogma save rant 3596227959
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, you're still kinda weak at that level. Soon enough you'll be surviving more hits. More armor might help, also, what is your vocation?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon May 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm a strider. I can take out most enemies easily with my bow. My main pawn is a mage, and he does a great job of supporting me and my other pawns.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 13, 2013 7:29 pm

I generally keep my party me (Mystic Knight), main pawn (Ranger), tank-class (generally Warrior and Fighter, though usually I favor Warrior), healer (Mage).

However, in my latest party iteration, I tried something different. I felt like the support mage wasn't doing much for me (I carry around healing items anyway) so I swapped it out for an offensive Sorcerer. It has taken some getting used to but the damage this pawn grants me is other-worldly (when she decides to actually attack that is... Look Skyward ). So far, I'm liking the change.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am