Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
White Mamba
Pargar-theGreat
LordRevan
Forum Pirate
raphael1019
9 posters

Dark Wraith Noob say Hi

raphael1019

Dark Wraith Noob say Hi Empty Dark Wraith Noob say Hi

Post by raphael1019 Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:33 am

Hi Guys

I have spent 300+ hours in DS now, and after reading this forum for so long
    Finally registered myself an account

recently, I am running a SL60 Dark Wraith in the Sen' Fortress
    I have no problem killing people in general (got myself to 99 humanity ^^)
    But there are 2 type of people that I am having a hard time with
    would like to hear some advise from you guys

1) The DSS or Katana hit and away type - These weapon has very little freeze time after each attack and they just back roll after each attack. Even if they didn't hit me, I can't exactly punish them afterward. Most of the time, I will see their shirt catch fire (cause I use a chaos weapon) but it doesn't do any damage. And if I trade hit with them...I usually lose......cause I am a Dark wraith, and they usually have 1.5~2 times my health point

2) High soul level shield all day long back pedal type - I don't have trouble killing similar level turtle. Cause I can kick and smash them straight away. But once in a while...I will meet people who has a very long stamina bar...and the kick doesn't do the trick anymore..

Here is my current set up

Vit 40
    En 30
    Str 16
    Dex 14
    Att 12
    Int 9
    Fai 12

Rh: Chaos Claymore/ or a lightening Great scythe
    Lh: Crest shield and tailsman
    Dark wood + Havel ring
    Slot: Heal (Running out of item humanity), Force
    76 poise mixed armour, (with no ugly mask^^)

Thinking about adding a shotel as a sub
    what do you guys think?

But the way, it is so funny in Sen Fortress seeing the host and phantoms falling off the narrow path when they are chasing you locked on..... they fall as soon as you make the turn at the end of each narrow path...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Wraith Noob say Hi Empty Re: Dark Wraith Noob say Hi

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:47 am

The shotel is good but the real answer to both is to learn to parry. Also in sens with a sl 60 and that gear, your bordering on griefing. you can only invade if they haven't killed the boss yet so i'd guess 60% or so of your invasions are against severely undergeared players. probably newbies too or they probably wouldn't be sl60 in sens. Im a dm though so i'll have to hang out there some hunting for you. winking
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 am

I use a Chaos shotel on my darkwraith account. Extremely effective against turtles, just be wary of how much stamina you have. The power swing takes quite a bit. However the normal attack is still decent for actually hitting people if you needed something fast.

Also parries arent good on lag.... unless you a noob that parry spams in full heavy armour and high health. But that doesnt sound like your build, so i wouldnt use them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 am

LordRevan wrote:I use a Chaos shotel on my darkwraith account. Extremely effective against turtles, just be wary of how much stamina you have. The power swing takes quite a bit. However the normal attack is still decent for actually hitting people if you needed something fast.

Also parries arent good on lag.... unless you a noob that parry spams in full heavy armour and high health. But that doesnt sound like your build, so i wouldnt use them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8
    its for backstabbs but he does one on parries to. should be there somewhere.
    i parry all the time. some guesswork, some luck, and lots of practice and setup parries are a brease and blind parries are do able. little risky but devastating.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:23 am

i suggest ranged options
    raphael1019

Post by raphael1019 Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 am

Forum Pirate wrote:The shotel is good but the real answer to both is to learn to parry. Also in sens with a sl 60 and that gear, your bordering on griefing. you can only invade if they haven't killed the boss yet so i'd guess 60% or so of your invasions are against severely undergeared players. probably newbies too or they probably wouldn't be sl60 in sens. Im a dm though so i'll have to hang out there some hunting for you. winking

I don't feel sorry for my victim cause they can always summon phantoms
    and being at least 50sl....it is not like they don't know what is happening...
    But yea, about 20-30% of the time, the guy would be wearing knight armour with a gargoyle helmet, or full gold hlemed... or some no poise armour.

The majority of the victim population was actually 80~100 SL doing their NG+, I estimate their SL by the 1/10 next soul level rule and their health point. (Arround 1500)

The funny thing of Sen fortress is...there will always be someone hosting 1 on 1 duel up the hidden spawn ladder. And those people are usally 100~120 SL

And you can't hunt me down, coz I have killed the boss silly Mr DarkMoon
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 am

I hate getting invaded in Sens, unless its at the top. Ring of fog/Force makes short work of them though.

As for the Katana users, just parry them on the 2nd or 3rd hit, sounds easier than it is but after trying a few times you get used to the timing. Lag can be a bit of a problem though
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:04 pm

@raphael true but i can totally just wait for you in sens cus i know your there. i wont even have to look. see you there winking
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm one of those katana guys. :x

White Mamba wrote:I hate getting invaded in Sens, unless its at the top. Ring of fog/Force makes short work of them though.

As for the Katana users, just parry them on the 2nd or 3rd hit, sounds easier than it is but after trying a few times you get used to the timing. Lag can be a bit of a problem though

Chaotic timing!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 pm

White Mamba wrote:I hate getting invaded in Sens, unless its at the top. Ring of fog/Force makes short work of them though.

I found that parrying katanas with the parrying dagger (or the target shield, which I think has the same parry animation) it's very easy.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 pm

How many times have you invaded in Sens and have it be 2 or 3v1? I've never seen a soul sign in Sens before the boss gate.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:50 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

I found that parrying katanas with the parrying dagger (or the target shield, which I think has the same parry animation) it's very easy.
    for the record. my katanas never been parried. i'm sure someone will catch me and i've had a quite few close calls but i very rarely swing more than once and consciously switch my tactics to keep them off balance and i'd put money thats why. if you can fight unlocked it really confuses some people. you really are going to have to work to parry any skilled fighter.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:56 pm

for heavy duty turtle try poison daggers to panic them.
    also... at lvl 30 i see two to four signs at the base of sens every time i go there. i've also been crystal souls speared from cover there. half the time invaders have used a dual shield method to block your path and push you into traps. poison made short work of them as did comboing them with my bonewheel shield (works so nice for my current char!) also a bleed weapon might work on your turtles too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 pm