Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
MistahrFox
crbngville2
Halicarnassis
BluTeamWolf
chaos4ever181
Gyonimizotetsu
TouchMyGrundel
XachAttack
samster628
Flankydizzle
JohnnyHarpoon
Slarg232
Zeta Prime
Maneater_Mildred
skarekrow13
Rynn
raecor14
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Dusk Soul
Serious_Much
R3dlace
RANT
Myztyrio
Soris Ice Goldwing
DemonOfFate
Dibsville
30 posters

Are you honestly ready to die again?

Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Are you honestly ready to die again? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you honestly ready to die again?

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Fri May 10, 2013 2:54 pm

I want FromSoft to kill me SO HARD
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Are you honestly ready to die again? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you honestly ready to die again?

Post by chaos4ever181 Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm

We die, we learn our mistakes. When we die agian, it's either we missed something important, or get sidetracked of the goal. When we learn, we get better. We may die less, but at least we know the dangers ahead. Dying a lot can help learn what lies ahead, but that doesn't mean we should die so many times. We die, make a mistake, learn from it, never do it again. That's my way of learning things whether it be for Dark Souls or something in the real world (minus the dying part), learn from my mistakes and try again.
    BluTeamWolf
    BluTeamWolf

Post by BluTeamWolf Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 am

Like I did with Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls after. My first experience will be a completely blind run, screwing up my build and trying to figure things out, find out which weapons I feel suite me best, find my favourite armour set, mix stuff together, etc. Later into Dark Souls I got a real feel for Halberds so Im incredibly excited to see how those will work in DSII.

I always try out quirky traits like faith or skills like pyromancy, but I avoid magic completely. Not sure why, I guess thats just my irrational play style for Souls games.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 am

I'm gonna play online as much as possible; blind run without checking the wiki, farm between bonfires and upgrade weapons as many and as much as possible before stats so I can put up a decent fight when being invaded. Try as many weapons and combos as possible and just have some fun. Explore and explore!

My first toon on DkS I did 143 hours on before reaching the Kiln.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Start as a hunter. Open a chatroom for buck, d15 and myself. Coop and level until we all 3 have our Platinum trophies. Then start to make PVP builds.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Shameless bump to see other people's ideas.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Sun May 26, 2013 4:45 pm

I think i'll be going with a quality build and high SL on my first playtrough, I want to have a variety of weapons and armor at my disposal and test a lot of them right off the bat. I probably wont really try Int/Faith unless I see miracles/spells that I'm really interested at, otherwise i'll leave them to a future playtrough.

I'm going to rely on ranged combat on some occasions, the new bow mechanics look really good, maybe crossbows too I dont know what they'll do with those.

I'll try to go for fast roll and balance that with a good protection from the armor and maybe poise, never had a problem with going 0 poise.

I'll explore everywhere ofc and try to get the most out of every NPC if I can, thats pretty much my plan for this New Souls
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

First, I'll be taking a week off work. Friends and family already know I'll be busy that week. I'll take nine days (Saturday through the Sunday of the following week) and pour over every inch of that damn game. And I'll read and memorize every single item description of every single thing in the game that isn't bolted down!

With Dark and Demon's Souls both, I used the wiki, but pulled a completionists run through both.

This will be made infinitely better, as no wiki will be consulted, at least for the first play through. And I'll probably run a dex/pyro style char for the first playthrough, I usually stay at a pretty low level. Though, that might change depending on the gameplay we see at E3!

I'm not much for pvp, optimizing characters for pvp seems like a waste of time to me.

The lore is where I'll be! After finishing my first NG run, then I'll start contributing to the wiki. I'll bet I plug in at least one hundred hours in that first week!!!

-Emraluces
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Right, let's see how other people think...
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm

You people have already planned out your builds? You should do as I; go with the flow.
    If that means putting points into RES, so be it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm just gonna play (online).

Get the first couple boards down, start over.

Get em down better...start over.

Make this my test toon...start over later.

I could care less about platinum or any of that crap.

I'll also be drinking and Skypeing with my buddies.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

I'll prolly go with my traditional build, medium armor, a weapon with good reach like the halberd/claymore. focus on endurance and minimum requirements for everything else so that I can use bows and miracles, etc if I need.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm