Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
MistahrFox
crbngville2
Halicarnassis
BluTeamWolf
chaos4ever181
Gyonimizotetsu
TouchMyGrundel
XachAttack
samster628
Flankydizzle
JohnnyHarpoon
Slarg232
Zeta Prime
Maneater_Mildred
skarekrow13
Rynn
raecor14
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Dusk Soul
Serious_Much
R3dlace
RANT
Myztyrio
Soris Ice Goldwing
DemonOfFate
Dibsville
30 posters

Are you honestly ready to die again?

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Are you honestly ready to die again? Empty Are you honestly ready to die again?

Post by Dibsville Wed May 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Obviously, we've all discussed what we'll do when Dark Souls 2 comes out, but this thread is not just a discussion, it is for what you will REALLY do when it comes out.
    By that, I mean what are you actually going to do.
    No "probably's", no "maybe's", what will you do. What rules are you going to do, how will you limit yourself, if you even do limit yourself.

Are you really ready for another souls experience?

First off, I'm getting 12 Strength and Dexterity right off the bat. Assuming that they are keeping the original Dark Souls type requirements system, that should be more than enough until I can get some of my other stats raised. I may bump Dexterity up to 14, assuming I don't start off as a class that has that anyway.

I'm getting 15 Vitality right after that. I'm going to want to take some blows, but I don't expect to just be a rag doll.

15 Endurance is more than enough, if it's not I'll take off my armour. Who needs it anyway, "it's just weighing me down".

I'm going to accept my deaths. In fact, I'm probably going to die intentionally. I want to know what to expect from every single attack; when to roll, when I can block, when guard break can be used without leading to death, when I can attack more than once or twice, etc.

I'll be leveling up Intelligence and Faith equally, as I did in my first playthroughs of the previous souls series.

If there is a Resistance stat, I'll be leveling it up. Whether we like it or not, Resistance may be extremely revamped and even viable in Dark Souls 2, so it's going to better to test everything rather than be missing out on something that could actually be useful.

As I did in the previous souls series, I'm going to conserve. I played Dark Souls before Demon's Souls, so my innate gaming abilities had to be transferred to Dark Souls from other games. This meant that what I did was affected by my previous play styles, in other words, I didn't kill NPC's, I explored everywhere and received a TON of deaths from doing so, and I didn't really experiment with the other weapons, but instead relied on high AR to get me through (damn you DoA4).

I'll be open to interactions with people. If I see a soapstone, I'm going to summon it. Doesn't matter what colour it is, I'm not going to be picky.

This time, I'll rely more on attrition battles rather than trading blows. Just to give an example, the first time I fought Artorias I was on a SL 1, and at the time I didn't know that DLC enemies literally laugh at the face of anything but pure melee.
    I died very quickly, and did practically nothing.
    This means I'll be more or less using medium speed weapons with medium damage. If I can get an Estoc early on, I'll most likely end the game with the Estoc (I just recently started using it, and I'm loving it to death)

I'm going to explore. No exceptions, if I see two paths, and one seems to be the right path, I'm going on the other one before proceeding.

Post what you're actually going to do when the game comes out. Like a set of rules you're going to follow. Obviously we may stray off of these, but it's better to get the idea down now rather than figure it out when we're right in the moment.

Then again, what we may think is best may be the complete antithesis of what the game is about. But I'm ready for that, and I'll willingly learn from my mistakes.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Are you honestly ready to die again? Empty Re: Are you honestly ready to die again?

Post by DemonOfFate Wed May 08, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm going for a quality build, i'm not gonna up vit/end until i've got 25 of both dex and str, then i'll bump Vit and End up to 18, then more stats into str/dex, and if there's a new stat a couple points into that. Once i reach 40/40 i'll put the rest of my stats wherever.

Obviously i'm not going to use the wiki, like i did for demon souls (I got dark souls first, so i wasn't as strong willed back then) and plan on learning what my enemies are capable of, and what i am. As you mentioned i intend to learn what i can block from my enemies, and how they react to certain attack patterns.

Edit: Oh and regarding rules, i intend on only allowing me to heal 3 times per boss fight, and i'm not going to cheese any enemies with arrows or the like (Though, i've only done that once in Dark Souls). I'm not going to allow myself to buff any of my weapons, be it resins or spells.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Are you honestly ready to die again? Empty Re: Are you honestly ready to die again?

Post by Dibsville Wed May 08, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm going to limit myself to buffs only to make fights faster. I'll keep off of them unless I just can't move on without it or I've died so many times that I know the enemies moveset by heart and I just want to make the fight faster.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Like I did when I started Dark Souls I'll have to make a all-around high sl test build to see what, how, and where I will need improvements to my quality builds. I am not using the wiki till I went through the entire game once and that involves looking everywhere beforehand. I want to learn what makes everything tick.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed May 08, 2013 6:36 pm

I'll probably do what I didn't bother doing in either of the other souls games: make that one character which is an insanely high level with a decent amount invested in each stat for testing and besting(although I do have one very high level in DkS, it wasn't my first or even close to my first). I'll be trying out everything and seeing what I like, I suppose :3 Unless someone can convince me otherwise that this is a bad idea and will in some way impede my enjoyment of the game.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

I will do the same thing I did for demon's and dark souls, blind run, explore everything then come here to the wiki to share what I've found and what I didn't, first build is gonna be a high sl build so I can try everything THEN make builds around the weapons/magic I like, a lot of coop'ing since I love coop'ing and I will make them follow me everywhere since I wanna explore everything, Im actually still deciding whether or not to coop since my summons might spoil things for me(like traps) and I would hate for that to happen. that's pretty much it.
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Wed May 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Frankly, I will do exactly what I did with Demon's and Dark Souls :

Launch the game, pour myself some Lagavulin 18 and just go with my feelings. (Actually I had no Lagavulin for Demon's because I did not know I was about to enjoy an amazing experience)

I can't think of a better way, to be honest.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Since they're messing around with the bow mechanics- I think I'm gonna go with a build focused around using a bow.. Whether I use it as my main weapon, or just for utility will be decided later, but it will definitely be used on bosses.

I'll also do my first run blind, online, human (equivalent) so i get invaded much as possible, and I will explore every nook and cranny I can.

I really, REALLY wanna die again- even when i did my blind run of demons I was only dying once or twice on each level and/or boss
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I can't wait for it, unfortunately when I played Demon's I pretty much made my Ephemereal Eyes seem more like a burden than a blessing.
    Hoping Dark Souls 2 will punish us. A lot.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm

I will do what I should have done with Dark Souls, a completely blind run, apart from that I guess I'll start with my usual thief-like character, which is kind of a tradition I have when starting new RPGs.

I'll also try to spend more time in human form, at least this time I wont't be invaded by griefers with end-game equipment in the starting area.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 pm

i'll just pump vit and end to 40 each unless i find a weapon before then that just enthralls me, then i'll build myself around it.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 pm

im going to make the biggest joke of a build then when i have finished start to prepare for PVP
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Intellect.
    I am a spellcast at heart, this won't change.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Grab a bow and my starter weapon all the way to the end. Then upgrade things to try once I understand the mechanics fully
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Search high and low for a sack, then build a quality build.

Oh and throw away my shield asap and get to dual weapons.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 pm

just gonna pick the coolest class and go with it.. i usually like to start with a knight... wont be on these forums until i beat the game though... dont want any help or spoilers.. and il play offline my first playthrough like i did with the two previous games. gotta be alone on your first play.. it sets the mood.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed May 08, 2013 10:10 pm

27 Vit
    33 End
    14 Att
    36 STR
    36 Dex

My standard Quality build. Let's me try out all the weapons, and ifPyro makes a return I'll be able to try that out a little. This is just going to be to experience the game the first time.

Second playthrough I'm going to just powerlevel up to 40 Int/Faith, and try to get some measurements on all the spells to figure out the Mag Adj. on them.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Start off with a DEX Thief build, look for Katanas and any general dual-wielding weapon combinations. I'll play offline, and beat every level/every boss by myself and beat the game.

I'll add something to the wiki if it needs to be added.

Then, I'll play online and experiment and try and figure stuff out.

I probably won't look for what the pendant does.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 pm

why are you guys gonna play online?! getting invaded in the first days of demon/dark souls has ben the most fun I've had on both games, everyone has a different armor and weapons and trying everything and figuring out everything just makes it more fun, after the first months its all downhill from then on.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed May 08, 2013 10:59 pm

You mean offline?

I'm gonna do that because that's how I did Demon's and Dark Souls - dex, thief, offline. I'm not gonna literally go offline, but I am going to complete everything in my own game by myself (hollow, per se). I'll still get summoned, have fun, but beating the game on my own is important to me.

I prefer it simply because I want to be able to beat the game by myself.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu May 09, 2013 12:05 am

Online or not at all, I says
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 am

I guess I will get the game but I seriously don't want to get addicted to it like I did with Dark Souls (which I own on all systems as well as Demon's Souls). I probably shouldn't get it to be honest. If I do, I'm gonna avoid the wiki etc as much as possible and just go at my own pace.

I'm looking forward more to GTA V.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu May 09, 2013 3:26 am

i intend to start the same way i did on dark souls, A magic build with just enough strength and dexterity to wield a decent attack weapon like the helbeard on dark souls. less than 32 total of dex and strength about 7 points on vit and apart from that int and attunement all the way. i will focus on being summoned cos MP is always more fun and explore everything collecting every wepon and spell.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 am

Longsword, Bow, Medium Shield, Mid-roll, Offline, Boom.

That's all I'm sure of, anything else will add itself when I get the game.
    TouchMyGrundel

Post by TouchMyGrundel Thu May 09, 2013 10:55 pm

I am going for a faith/Dex build for first character. I hope I see the Great Scythe in Dark Souls 2 or better straight swords that are worth using.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm