What is going on?

ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

What is going on?

Post by ninjashifty on Wed May 08, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm trying to start up a Dark Souls youtube channel. So I've been looking at other big name Dark Souls YouTubers and am finding that there is no possible way they can create all these new builds, upload them with in days of each other then when you look at what they have, 99 max burned humanity, 99 in storage, all +15 weapons and shields and other things that just seem way too long and grindy to acquire.

Is this the norm? People are eating their **** up saying, good invades! good duels, but the characters are hacked. Even if it's a viable build 99 humanity added to your character is still a little over 100 defense and most normal players aren't going to farm for 99 humanity then eat all of them, so the hacker now has the advantage. I've put a couple hackers up on my youtube channel that I've found on xbox live. If you want to see them, search for subby280 on youtube, I have 2 up right now.

I never had a problem with the BB glitch because you still have to find the items and upgrade them to transfer over, and even then you couldn't transfer over any spells. But save editing on big name Dark Souls YouTubers? What's the deal?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: What is going on?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Mega mule.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Wed May 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah PSN has the mega mule and the bb glitch got patched to my knowledge. The PC I think is easy to explain.

Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Wed May 08, 2013 1:49 pm

I know the bb glitch has been patched. I think maybe I waited too long to make Dark Souls videos.

A lot of big name Dark Souls uploaders have either admitted to hacking or try to play it off like they haven't.

The main reason I don't play pc games is the ease at which it is to obtain save editors or trainers.

I like to keep my xbox 360 saves pure. But what gets me is all these Gaming Channels using them to make videos.

What do you guys think about some of these big named Dark Souls Youtubers editing their xbox or PS3 saves to make videos? Am I being overly dramatic?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 pm

If they're doing "creative" videos or PvP videos then I don't have a problem with it. If they're doing a playthrough of the game then I, obviously, take umbrage to that.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

the only youtuber i watch for dks stuff anymore is mrIwont4get and he always uses the same 2-3 builds so i haven't really seen the problem, what are they doing with said builds? also its possible they made the builds in advance and recorded them at that time and then released them in succession at a later point to fill up days where they had nothing else planned for release.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 pm

One guy made a video for PvP for beginners, but in the video, everything he has is maxed +15, 1.3 million souls and 99 burned humanity (I don't know what to call it really used humanity?) and 90 in his inventory. Yes you could actually do this, but 3 videos I saw had 3 different builds with the same discrepancies in them all uploaded in May and on the xbox 360. Plus he has tons of videos, which would be hard to get all these items, encode them, voice over, and upload them in such a short time.

I asked him about hacking saved files and he said it's been address over and over and if I don't like his videos then unsub and bye.
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Wed May 08, 2013 3:14 pm

ninjashifty wrote:One guy made a video for PvP for beginners, but in the video, everything he has is maxed +15, 1.3 million souls and 99 burned humanity (I don't know what to call it really used humanity?) and 90 in his inventory. Yes you could actually do this, but 3 videos I saw had 3 different builds with the same discrepancies in them all uploaded in May and on the xbox 360. Plus he has tons of videos, which would be hard to get all these items, encode them, voice over, and upload them in such a short time.

I asked him about hacking saved files and he said it's been address over and over and if I don't like his videos then unsub and bye.

1.3m souls is not really that much ye know. And that many humanities (the distinction is soft and hard humanities btw) can easily be farmed in an hour or 2. The only odd thing is the +15 weapons.

As for the actual hacking, as long as they don't do anything that disadvantages other people, I don't see the problem. Things like farming are boring, so I completely understand if someone wants to skip that and get straight to the action.

ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 pm

he replied back and in a roundabout way said he hacked.

"As for using glitches/hacks to make quick PVP builds, it's very common among uploaders on all three versions of the game (PS3, PC, Xbox 360)."

It wasn't that he had 99 soft humanity, or 1.3 million souls...but in the video where he did, everything in his inventory was +15. So unless he's got 200+ hours in just farming slabs, then he's definitely got something up his sleeve.

But how do you expect to make videos about hypocrites, beginners guides to pvp and then show off your hacked characters? You can't show off your pvp skills when you have a hacked character, kind of totally negates it for me. But as a new YouTube Dark Souls video uploader, I'm seeing that the guys that upload some of these videos are hackers, but yet want to talk about the Dark Souls community. I guess it's something I don't want to do on my channel.
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 pm

ninjashifty wrote:You can't show off your pvp skills when you have a hacked character.
    That would really depend on what exactly it is that they do. If all you do is skip farming (i.e. give yourself a bunch of +15 weapons) then you can show off your PvP skills just fine. After all, having a bunch of +15 weapons does not change PvP difficulty in any way, because everyone has them. They just obtained them in a different way. Now if you are talking about hacked stats like 70k hp, then yes, I'd agree.

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Wed May 08, 2013 4:05 pm

ninjashifty wrote:I know the bb glitch has been patched. I think maybe I waited too long to make Dark Souls videos.

A lot of big name Dark Souls uploaders have either admitted to hacking or try to play it off like they haven't.

The main reason I don't play pc games is the ease at which it is to obtain save editors or trainers.

I like to keep my xbox 360 saves pure. But what gets me is all these Gaming Channels using them to make videos.

What do you guys think about some of these big named Dark Souls Youtubers editing their xbox or PS3 saves to make videos? Am I being overly dramatic?

Big named? Lol. Made me giggle.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm

I looked up mega mule and it was definately what he used. I guess I'll drop the subject although the mega mule gives you 999999999 souls or something ridiculous and all items in the game. At least with the BB glitch, you had to still farm for items and upgrades before you could transfer them over (or at least that's what I did).

I don't want to make new characters and farm all day long either but I think copying save files to a computer from your console for the purpose getting tons is still hacking in my eyes regardless if you don't abuse it. Someone will always abuse it...
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty on Wed May 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Big named? Lol. Made me giggle.

I guess since I only have 5 subscribers and 3 of them are family, anyone over 100 subscribers is big named to me when it comes to Dark Souls. LOL
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:53 pm

The whole hacking thing is rather irrelevant if they don't use it to obtain stuff they shouldn't have.Aside from gear otherwise unobtainable or modded stats,having a 15+ weapon at low level is a bit unfair.
    I don't exactly agree that they should use that stuff,I'm just stating that it doesn't make much of a difference how they get a build in the end,they will have the same thing either way.

Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:The whole hacking thing is rather irrelevant if they don't use it to obtain stuff they shouldn't have.Aside from gear otherwise unobtainable or modded stats,having a 15+ weapon at low level is a bit unfair.
    I don't exactly agree that they should use that stuff,I'm just stating that it doesn't make much of a difference how they get a build in the end,they will have the same thing either way.

My point exactly happy
    As for the +15 weapons at low level, you don't need cheats for that. You just need to be decent at PvE happy
    Note: Not saying it's not unfair, just saying it's not as relevant here.

ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat on Wed May 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Everyone obviously uses trainers
    But if they don't hack health or things like that, I'm totally ok with that
    iiProdigyv

Post by iiProdigyv on Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm

As long as they have made a legitimate build which could be accomplished with hours of farming which would only take 10 minutes with a save editor I'm fine with it, the grind to SL 125 is a big grind plus getting your weapons etc whilst doing it is tough. If they are abusing it to give the self an unfair advantage say 9999999999 health and stamina then yeah they should be burned at the stake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 pm