Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
reim0027
Derpwraith
AnCapaillMor
Quarik
KrazykevS10
Zeta Prime
joemann
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Dibsville
Serious_Much
Elifia
twigsterxd
Jansports
Avenger649
ResIsBestStat
User1
linngallo
21 posters

MP or not MP?

Poll

Do you prefer magic/miracle scrolls with limited uses, like in Dark Souls, or MP points, recovered by items, like Demon's Souls?

[ 12 ]
    MP or not MP? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%MP or not MP? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [35%] 
    [ 22 ]
    MP or not MP? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap65%MP or not MP? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [65%] 

Total Votes: 34
    reim0027
    reim0027

MP or not MP? - Page 2 Empty Re: MP or not MP?

Post by reim0027 Thu May 09, 2013 9:25 am

MP points. Just make it take longer to refill your magic than in DeS.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu May 09, 2013 9:26 am

I voted Demon's Souls MP system. I liked the munching to cast.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 09, 2013 9:27 am

Forgot to add - if you are doing organized duels, it would be nice to refresh your magic if you win the first fight.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu May 09, 2013 10:24 am

I really like the limited system and if there was anyway I would like to improve it is for your spells to refill when you collect a black phantom blood stain, just a little reward for defeating one.

As for cool down on spells, yeah that's an idea I wouldn't mind seeing. Each spell could have different cool down duration to avoid spamming. It doesn't have to be that you can only use once and then wait for it to replenish, you could have a full MP bar that does four casts of soul spear where you would have to wait a minute for one cast to heal or four minutes for the MP bar fill fully.

We could have a MP system where you have to charge up your spells like a super meter in a fighting game when you run low or run out, kinda like a risk reward system for those that want to be a full mage build.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu May 09, 2013 10:51 am

I think that spell and miracle castings should use a similar mechanic that melee attacks already use.

Each spell that is cast depletes a mana bar that will slowly recover over time, just like every melee action (rolls, blocking, attacks etc.) depletes your stamina bar. The more bad *** the spell, the more mana it will deplete. If you don't have enough mana to cast a spell, you either have to wait for your mana to recover or you cast a lesser spell until it is completely depleted and you are forced to wait for it to recover enough to cast your next spell.

So if you cast crystal soul spear it might deplete nearly all of your energy bar. Now you have a choice. You might still have enough left to cast a few soul arrows (depending on how much mana you have) before you completely run out of mana and won't be able to cast anything for a short time, or you have to wait for your mana to replenish enough to cast crystal soul spear a second time.

Though some spells, buffs specifically, should be different from normal spells and come with a limited number of casts instead of relying on mana. Perhaps a cool down period between buffs (like 2 minutes or something) or you have to rest at a bonfire before you can cast the buff again.

If you want to solve spamming, limit the number of items and consumables that will speed your mana's recovery time and don't allow the items to be stackable. I'm so hoping that they do the same thing with stamina recovery items. Oh, so you're wearing the cloranthy ring? Well then, don't bother munching on green moss or equipping the grass crest shield, because they won't do you any good. You know what i mean?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I think an MP system would be better than limited castings. It would better define pure casters from hybrids.

One-step way to fix the problem of people healing magic: Make the magic healing items take long to use

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am