Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
Sargerus
Derpwraith
Johnthethird
MrDynogames
ResIsBestStat
ErrJon6661
Werdax
Noob-of-Artorias
TouchMyGrundel
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
A Fierce Plankton
Hue
Ashran
Cartod
User1
Slarg232
22 posters

Will the Legend survive the transition?

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Will the Legend survive the transition? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the Legend survive the transition?

Post by Johnthethird Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 am

LEGEND REBORN
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Will the Legend survive the transition? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the Legend survive the transition?

Post by Hue Mon May 13, 2013 5:12 am

He'll wear the "Mask of Your Mom"
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:there'll be an optimal setup that pisses people off don't you worry, it might make an even better meme, heck we could do a giantdad's thoughout the ages t shirt with the most op build from demons souls, the classic giant dad and the neo giant dad of dks2, and just having seen some of the dks2 gameplay... if that club turtle armor is player wearable it'll almost defniately be the gear of the neo giant dad... so i guess we'll have turtle dads?

Turtle dads? Aside from looking heavy as hell, it looks more ridiculous than the "surprise butt sex dad mask in giant armor". In all seriousness, I wish the giant dads don't come back. When the new game shows up, Dark Souls multiplayer will probably die out along with those silly memes. There maybe a new exploitation during launch day or later, but I think it won't be a giant dad this time around. Nothing lasts forever.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 pm

from all i've seen the turtle armor i described would make them back stab proof but still able to backstab... which is why i hope that armor is for monsters only...
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Honestly, I really wish they throw out a Joke in DKII in the form of The Legend. Like, you get an NPC invasion where someone like "The Legend" (in reference) invades you as it's just Giantdad with a "Well! What is it!" walking posture, all with a somewhat slightly changed generic Giantdad get-up.

Just for the lols.
    ...and you know they are going to do it, because if they were willing to bring out Jeremiah's giant stick, you better believe they are going to bring out the Giantdad get-up, because it is kind of hard to go unnoticed, what with the popularity it has gotten and especially with that gesture!

In terms of how The Legend will return for players, I think we should still get the Masks, but have them downgraded to no abilities and just being decent tools for status resistances, just for the nostalgia and nothing else. In terms of everything else, well, most of the weapon and armor categories will be back, so it doesn't matter. We got to vary.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Werdax wrote:He will be wearing the "Mask of the grandfather".

lol classic.

I really hope they have some homage to the classical 'momtroll' build, FROM are usually fairly aware of whats popular- i reckon this will definitely make some kinda return or nod towards it
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Mon May 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Seignar wrote:Honestly, I really wish they throw out a Joke in DKII in the form of The Legend. Like, you get an NPC invasion where someone like "The Legend" (in reference) invades you as it's just Giantdad with a "Well! What is it!" walking posture, all with a somewhat slightly changed generic Giantdad get-up.

Just for the lols.
    ...and you know they are going to do it, because if they were willing to bring out Jeremiah's giant stick, you better believe they are going to bring out the Giantdad get-up, because it is kind of hard to go unnoticed, what with the popularity it has gotten and especially with that gesture!

In terms of how The Legend will return for players, I think we should still get the Masks, but have them downgraded to no abilities and just being decent tools for status resistances, just for the nostalgia and nothing else. In terms of everything else, well, most of the weapon and armor categories will be back, so it doesn't matter. We got to vary.
    This. Never would have thought about that. Since characters like Patches and the Crestfallen Warrior were put in Dark Souls because of popularity, I'm sure they'll do something funny for the Giant Dad for DSII. Probably same thing with Seathe and Kalameet because he was from the Kings Field games, but I think they were there because of coincidence, easter egg, or something of the like.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm