Trying out a Dex Swordbuff Build

SVC

Trying out a Dex Swordbuff Build

Post by SVC on Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 am

Hello good people,

New to this forum, but I thought I'd ask for a little input on a build I'm creating.
    http://mmdks.com/27ox

This is the first time I decided to put a little pre-planning into it.
    Does this look workable? How can I improve it?

Thanks.
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Trying out a Dex Swordbuff Build

Post by xenon_nobelium on Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 am

you usually don't get a chance to rebuff in a duel. also if you want to use those weapons exclusively you should lower str, a shield is never worth raising str for. also if all you want is a buff you'll be better with 30fth and sunlightblade. http://mmdks.com/27pd my lvl100 version

Post by SVC on Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks, Xenon.

So I taken it then, that miracles are better than spells? Especially for buffing.
    Is it worth using buffs in the first place?
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium on Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm

personally i don't like buffs too much, using them and winning feels cheap (2hits or 1 backstab and it's over). playing against them is stupid (run away, run away, bait attack, parry, run away...get hit you die, wear them out you win). and once your 1 minute is over and you have nothing to capitalize on your spent int/fth points you have a gimped melee build. but that's just my personal opinion/experience, a buff build is fine. and yeah faith is the go to buff stat, + you get all the good miracles @30fth

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 on Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 pm

I agree with Xenon, you're better off going for the 30 faith with a few attunement slots as that gives you extra flexibility with the miracles. If you're regularly facing situations vs multiple opponents then the buffs can definitely help you but it's always worth remembering that no buff is a substitute for skill and experience!

Post by SVC on Mon May 06, 2013 2:16 pm

If I were to make a non buffed dex build, how high should I go with dex(above 45?), and where should any extra points go (if I go with 40 vit, 40 end)?
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon May 06, 2013 2:27 pm

16 Strength is good for a Dex build because it allows you to use things like the Chaos Blade, Flamberge, Silver Knight weapons, etc. Don't go above 40 dex if you're not going to cast, if you're going to cast magic then 45 is the max (for the fastest casting speed). Diminishing returns means you'll not get much damage for your levels.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon May 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I've been playing around with invasions on a lvl 58 PvE build just to see how it functions. I have 15 INT and Oolacile catalyst to cast great magic weapon. Actually, that and the great soul arrows hurt considerably (more than enough to kill weakened players who try to flee to flask).

I think I'm going to have some legit fun when I get to ~120. I put 23 on attunement with 12 faith and 15 int, and am just running around with dusk crown + bellowing. Spells spells everywhere. I need to get dex up enough to use a buffed weapon to its potential.

I've seen the great soul arrows hit people blocking it for 130+, and they track better than soul spears forcing rolls in the lag. One must be careful rolling near/into great combustion, tempest (poise tank with back to wall), etc. Lots of trolling to be had with such a build in invasions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm