Create your own game

    Share
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Create your own game

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Sat May 04, 2013 8:34 pm

    What the title says, simply create your own game, but with the limitations of nowadays.
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Sat May 04, 2013 8:45 pm

    I'd love a simulation rules post nuclear or zombie apocalyptic game that you can play with 4 or more people in a private lobby.You can make custom bases and modify weapons extensively.Realistic body damage,difficult healing and vehicle repair.You need to eat and drink,maybe even sleep and relieve yourself.Obviously free roam with a fairly large map,the majority of buildings have interiors.I may edit to add more later as I'm tired right now.


    _________________
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 pm

    I'd like a game that was similar to a survival simulator, you start off on an island with only a knife, clothes and a M9, the island is full of rapists and madmen and you must survive with the best of your skills. Damage would be realistic, both the player and the enemy would have the same chance of winning on one on one, but differently against multiple enemies, there would be also some wild animals that drop meat to eat, but are dangerous and can kill you in a few hits, hunger and water would be important parts, but the most important stat of all would be sanity, as you kill people you become more panicked and start seeing hallucinations, once you reach critical sanity you start seeing ghosts that attack you and once your sanity meter is empty, you commit suicide.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by hey its andres on Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 pm

    Murder Simulator. Well that's the name anyways, a friend and I have actually put a lot of thought into the game. It would be like GTA except an RPG all about killing/torturing. There would be 5 main storylines based off of the "class" you choose and the people you kill will reflect that.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 pm

    Game of Winners. You win the game every time you think of The Game, then say out loud, "I just won the game!"
    Would you guys by this game?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Mr. Tart on Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 pm

    What, you trying to steal my ideas or something? :suspect:


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Sat May 04, 2013 11:23 pm

    First come first served.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by PlasticandRage on Sun May 05, 2013 12:23 am

    KrazykevS10 wrote:I'd love a simulation rules post nuclear or zombie apocalyptic game that you can play with 4 or more people in a private lobby.You can make custom bases and modify weapons extensively.Realistic body damage,difficult healing and vehicle repair.You need to eat and drink,maybe even sleep and relieve yourself.Obviously free roam with a fairly large map,the majority of buildings have interiors.I may edit to add more later as I'm tired right now.

    Have you played Project Zomboid at all? You can't quite do all that stuff, but it's the closest thing I've ever seen. Quite simply you're a dude in a city during the zombie apocalypse, and the object of the game is to survive as long as you can. There is no winning. You die at the end of every playthrough, it's just about surviving as long as possible. You scavenge buildings, and have to do things like stockpile water before the power grid goes down, and build fortresses, either from scratch or out of preexisting buildings, there is no multiplayer yet, but there's supposed to be at some point. For now there are NPC survivors that you can interact with, which depending on what they're doing can either be helpful, and you can join forces, or they can get you killed by doing things like shooting guns near your fortress and drawing in hordes. There are no vehicles yet either, but that's also something that the developers have brought up. It's pretty spectacular. Has a ton of depth. It's not a complete game yet, but its been greenlit on Steam and will be in the near future. You can buy it now at their website and they give you a code that allows you to own all the newer versions as they come out. Here's the link to their website if you're interested: http://projectzomboid.com/


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Latitoast on Sun May 05, 2013 2:38 am

    I'm still waiting for Virtual Reality technology to come around.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Sun May 05, 2013 6:14 am

    Battlefield dark company.

    12v12 dark souls/battlefield game. Death match, capture the flag, conquest, rush game modes.
    Im sure you get the idea, squads of 4 ppl etc.

    Ok so I didn't make my own game, just kinda took 2 games and smashed them together.... Still , me want.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by User1 on Sun May 05, 2013 6:18 am

    Maneater_Mildred wrote:Battlefield dark company.

    12v12 dark souls/battlefield game. Death match, capture the flag, conquest, rush game modes.
    Im sure you get the idea, squads of 4 ppl etc.

    Ok so I didn't make my own game, just kinda took 2 games and smashed them together.... Still , me want.

    This.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Tolvo on Sun May 05, 2013 6:28 am

    I would make an open world sandbox game with level, enemy, and character editing. The idea would be to set it up so that there are main stories, but the real fun would be in multiplayer. It would be set up so you can have one person be a DM, setting up the levels and enemies, while the other players set up their characters and go through the experience. With character customization, enemy, and world customization out the wazoo people could form groups and play DnD for hours with their own created adventures. DM's could even work together and make group crossovers where a really tough enemy is fought by both groups working together. It would still be turn based to keep things manageable. Plus I could make my own stories in the world that could effect things over time and help people in keeping the world changing around them, or if they don't want that at all they can just keep it out of their sessions. Servers could be set up by entire groups, or the DM's themselves, maybe even beta servers where the Devs DM and let players test things out, and then other versions where the DM's get to DM for the Devs, beta testing DM functionality.

    It would be awesome, and take like thirty years to develop.
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 am

    Tolvo wrote:I would make an open world sandbox game with level, enemy, and character editing. The idea would be to set it up so that there are main stories, but the real fun would be in multiplayer. It would be set up so you can have one person be a DM, setting up the levels and enemies, while the other players set up their characters and go through the experience. With character customization, enemy, and world customization out the wazoo people could form groups and play DnD for hours with their own created adventures. DM's could even work together and make group crossovers where a really tough enemy is fought by both groups working together. It would still be turn based to keep things manageable. Plus I could make my own stories in the world that could effect things over time and help people in keeping the world changing around them, or if they don't want that at all they can just keep it out of their sessions. Servers could be set up by entire groups, or the DM's themselves, maybe even beta servers where the Devs DM and let players test things out, and then other versions where the DM's get to DM for the Devs, beta testing DM functionality.

    It would be awesome, and take like thirty years to develop.

    Games take really long to develop and a game like that would take 10-20 years to complete.
    I wonder if in the future we will have new game types, like when before we only had CYOA and RPG, later we got platformers and action games etc. I wonder if they will invent a completely new genre
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

    PlasticandRage wrote:
    KrazykevS10 wrote:I'd love a simulation rules post nuclear or zombie apocalyptic game that you can play with 4 or more people in a private lobby.You can make custom bases and modify weapons extensively.Realistic body damage,difficult healing and vehicle repair.You need to eat and drink,maybe even sleep and relieve yourself.Obviously free roam with a fairly large map,the majority of buildings have interiors.I may edit to add more later as I'm tired right now.

    Have you played Project Zomboid at all? You can't quite do all that stuff, but it's the closest thing I've ever seen. Quite simply you're a dude in a city during the zombie apocalypse, and the object of the game is to survive as long as you can. There is no winning. You die at the end of every playthrough, it's just about surviving as long as possible. You scavenge buildings, and have to do things like stockpile water before the power grid goes down, and build fortresses, either from scratch or out of preexisting buildings, there is no multiplayer yet, but there's supposed to be at some point. For now there are NPC survivors that you can interact with, which depending on what they're doing can either be helpful, and you can join forces, or they can get you killed by doing things like shooting guns near your fortress and drawing in hordes. There are no vehicles yet either, but that's also something that the developers have brought up. It's pretty spectacular. Has a ton of depth. It's not a complete game yet, but its been greenlit on Steam and will be in the near future. You can buy it now at their website and they give you a code that allows you to own all the newer versions as they come out. Here's the link to their website if you're interested: http://projectzomboid.com/
    I have already played it.I found it fun at first but then a bit lacking.The game is far too difficult on day one,I ended up using cheats to keep myself entertained as you mostly spend your time hiding in a house for fearing of alerting a horde of zombies.There were some nice details such as covering windows so as not to be seen but I think combat is too difficult.

    I could kill more than three zombies with an axe without having to catch my breath in real life,I prefer games to reflect that.I want a game called State of Decay,it comes out in June if anyone wants to google it.And I'm sorry for sounding so critical,you actually made an excellent suggestion based on what I said.


    _________________
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by PlasticandRage on Sun May 05, 2013 2:59 pm

    ^ You only played the newer builds didn't you? I've pretty much put them down until they fix the zombie density. There are just way too many to even do anything. You end up alerting one or two and then spend the rest of the playthrough running from hordes. If you haven't played the older builds, the ones before they updated the graphics, I would. They're the ones I play. RC2.5 is the one I kept actually. I survived for 44 days in that one once. I built a fortress that included 4 different buildings that I could run back and forth between across raised bridges. I had this crazy series of like 15 bottlenecks that went all the way up to the top floor of the apartment complex and then back down to the roof of the building next door, then to the top of the supermarket, then to the street that runs towards the suburbs. That build is way better than the new ones where you cant even take a breath at all.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by hey its andres on Sun May 05, 2013 3:55 pm

    Latitoast wrote:I'm still waiting for Virtual Reality technology to come around.

    I aim to fix that :idea:
    In the meantime, dreams and video games provide a pretty combination as it is.
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm

    Didn't make it but this....


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Create your own game

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm