Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Share your best werewolf builds.

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Share your best werewolf builds. Empty Share your best werewolf builds.

Post by ICEFANG Sat May 04, 2013 12:02 am

I was thinking about this today. How would you best make a character like a werewolf? Show the build, and explain a few things. If there is something you think is also werewolf-y, but unable to make the build then you can explain why.

I have an basic idea, a few actually. It needs to be moderately effective, and as low level as possible. Seriously, I get almost no action at SL 99 but at SL 33 its crazy busy with people. I just want to see and bounce some ideas around.

ALSO BRING ME PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Share your best werewolf builds. Empty Re: Share your best werewolf builds.

Post by GrinTwist Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

I'm a little confused are you talking about the aesthetics of a werewolf or the fighting style of a werewolf?

I can't think much as far as aesthetics goes but I know that the claws are the best thing you can use as weapons for werewolf cosplay.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat May 04, 2013 12:07 am

Anything, as in whatever features or looks or fighting you think are most werewolf like. Basically I'm looking at whatever you think is werewolf like and just kinda compiling data.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat May 04, 2013 12:26 am

Female wolf character.

Male wolf character.

I left a ring slot open for both builds in case someone wanted to use them for Darkmooning or as catbros.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 am

I've also considered DWGR and claws, something about that is really wolf like, but I've also thought about a 34-40 build and using Havel's shield's buff along with a wolf ring and higher VIT (and just clawing someone).

Werewolves are 'unkillable' except to sliver, but using a shield to prevent damage just feels very not wolf like. Plus there aren't really any shields that stop 3 type of damage mostly and 1 not so much, maybe light shields, but then that's fire. I considered lightning or magic to be most similar in a Dark Souls <->'real life' comparison.

I really like that female armor, I think its well done.

As I am in no hurry to get any Claws (as I usually use dragon characters, something that also seems wolf like to me in a way), I don't want to re-level the dragonoids.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat May 04, 2013 12:36 am

DWGR presents an animal like quality because it grants the user the ability to get around by moving on all fours, just not simultaneously. I think claws are a given for any situation.

I'd also agree with you when it comes to shields. Normally when I think of a werewolf I see something that is barbaric that uses the simplest of means to kill it's prey. So I wouldn't think a werewolf would take a shield into consideration.

Also keep in mind for the female build, due to the fact that there isn't a hood for the thief's mask on a female character, that you should have some type of scraggly hair applied to the character's head.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat May 04, 2013 9:21 am

Two claws is a given, naked, power within, grass ring and wolf ring.
    That's how I would do a wolf.

Maybe use fairy ears as wolf ears and to make it weak to magic. Magic weapons = silver in my world.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Sat May 04, 2013 10:54 am

Does a naked dragon count? 'Cause you're furry like a wolf and have the claws since I typically wield no weapons.

When I'm in nude dragon form I usually have on the Wolf Ring and Hornet Ring- Wolf so I don't get knocked down so quick, and Hornet to I can really lay into people with my claws.
    So usually high endurance and health so I can speed roll and sprint about my prey, as well as high intelligence and dexterity, in case I want to use melee weapons and spells (typically pyromancy)

Speed is of the essence with this build, since you are obviously naked and furry and easily knocked on your tail even with the Wolf Ring, so you have to circle and roar quite a bit.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat May 04, 2013 12:08 pm

I agree with naked+dragon as well, but werewolves are also unstoppable, hence why I was thinking the Havel's buff+Wolf Ring, probably too high a level to get real action.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 am

So I tried some dual claws today, just terrible. 1 is not bad, but 2 is just worthless.

Then I tired dragon claws, I'm kinda liking them now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 am