Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Myztyrio
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Satoshi
8 posters

Real Claws?

Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Real Claws? Empty Real Claws?

Post by Satoshi Thu May 02, 2013 11:05 pm

I hope they implement some sort of item, like the Dragonoid Stones, that can transform your hands into real claws. Once used, they cannot be unequipped. The claws will be stronger than your normal bare hands, but weaker than Dragon Fist. In exchange, these claws will be much faster. Because your hands are claws themselves, you may not use any form of item. That includes weapons, shields, talismans, and any sort of item that could be used as some sort of combat weapon.

I sort of thought that this would be a really nice edition because I sometimes don't like using weapons, but at the same time, using your bare hands is just horrid in terms of...everything.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Real Claws? Empty Re: Real Claws?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 02, 2013 11:42 pm

umm for your consideration, the horror frog; a recently discovered species of amphibian that breaks it's own fingers and shoves the bone bits out the ends to form instant bone claws, these can be retracted though and heal after a (relatively) short time, yes this is a real life animal, something along those lines?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 03, 2013 12:09 am

@twink I saw that on cracked, it's pretty awesome.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 am

Nono, weapons are better. It would defeat the consistency.
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:umm for your consideration, the horror frog; a recently discovered species of amphibian that breaks it's own fingers and shoves the bone bits out the ends to form instant bone claws, these can be retracted though and heal after a (relatively) short time, yes this is a real life animal, something along those lines?

...A frog should not be that badass, Ever. No.

:p
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Fri May 03, 2013 3:13 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:umm for your consideration, the horror frog; a recently discovered species of amphibian that breaks it's own fingers and shoves the bone bits out the ends to form instant bone claws, these can be retracted though and heal after a (relatively) short time, yes this is a real life animal, something along those lines?

After reading this post, I immediately searched through google.

As for the claw. We already got claw weapons in DS, and I am positive that they will be carried over to DS2.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri May 03, 2013 3:18 am

I'm hoping for claw weapons to be carried over. As far as this goes maybe it should be another type of dragon stone that could be used by low leveled Dragonbros? Maybe just have the headset and bodyset mixed together for higher levels to use.

I'd think it's speed would differ from the weight of the claws but the overall amount of damage should be close to a +12 claw if you can't upgrade it of course.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri May 03, 2013 4:16 am

Why would having claws keep us from using weapons, it's like having really long nails, you can still grab stuff
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 am

Not necessarily claws normally curve around the finger. (Just look at a dog's claw) Depending on the size of the claw that is around the finger it could make it impossible to wield some types of weapons.

A long fingernail is different from what I've seen because while they do eventually curve they do not curve entirely around the finger. If you did in fact have long fingernails it would merely be uncomfortable to also use an axe or a sword. With claws it could be close to impossible to use a weapon like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm