[SL100] The Dark Turlte

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: [SL100] The Dark Turlte

Post by Dibsville on Thu May 02, 2013 11:53 pm

I have a Flamberge, I know how to handle dead angles.
    If he tries to dead angle me, I have Fire Whip, and anyone who has used it knows that Fire Whip is OP, especially the Chaos version and even more so when he can't roll out of the lava because of fat roll.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Thu May 02, 2013 11:59 pm

Bait you into a fire tempest. That will hurt you.

Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 am

he can poise through that thing and the flamberge has the same if not less reach then the msgs so you have to get close for that and poise will most likely win, also he has havels shield, he can block pretty much anything and if he know how to use it unlocked then good luck with your pyro. meh, I see we're just gonna be going back and forth with this so this is pointless lol im done.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 am

You have a point with his poise. However I fall back on that bleed and dead angles will be his downfall.

Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Fri May 03, 2013 12:04 am

Enough talk! We must debate the Dark Souls way: Real Battle!
    he can't roll out of the lava because of fat roll.

DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 am

This would be a pain to fight, you can poise through my dead angles and dead angle me back, when i try to attack you with anything really i can get a dark bead to the face, i could try to bait you into wasting them but that would rely entirely on the player, and you're no slouch at PVP i hear.

Can't use the shotel because when i do that R2 you will counter it by just hitting me with the sword, winning the tradeoff. Can't use magic against ya nor will pyromancy work well since you're using havels shield. I could try to roll BS you but there's always a chance that you predict my roll bs and turn your attack around. Solid build, though it would be very boring to fight.

Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.

Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:You have a point with his poise. However I fall back on that bleed and dead angles will be his downfall.

the whole bleed and dead angles means trading hits which poise will most likely win on that but really it's all up to who's got more skill.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 am

o rly??

kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi on Fri May 03, 2013 12:24 am

Dibsville wrote:I have a Flamberge, I know how to handle dead angles.
    If he tries to dead angle me, I have Fire Whip, and anyone who has used it knows that Fire Whip is OP, especially the Chaos version and even more so when he can't roll out of the lava because of fat roll.

The battle would be incredibly based upon playstyles. Shotel is not a viable counter, as it has literally one use. I've killed a ridiculous amount of people who pulled out a shotel and tried to finish me off only to get hit before they could pull their hit off. Flamberge could give him some problems, but so could a well calculated hit from the MSGS. The start up of the Flamberge's attacks is either identical or slightly longer (R2s)

He wouldn't need to roll dodge your pyros. Fire, as well as Chaos Fire Whip are completely walled by Havel's Shield. It's the most pathetic thing to watch mages squirm against my strength build when they're put up against that monster. If you were really good, you could spell cancel fire whip into a shotel hit, but if you can pull off something like that in the midst of a fight, This argument would happen.

The thing is, the same goes for him, in that his weapon speed and recovery time will prevent him from getting many of his hits in.

If the two of you were at an equal skill level, then what it would boil down to is a battle of patience.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Fri May 03, 2013 12:25 am

The build fat rolls. 3/10 would beat naked with a demon's spear
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Fri May 03, 2013 12:27 am

kazumoshi wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I have a Flamberge, I know how to handle dead angles.

The battle would be incredibly based upon playstyles. Shotel is not a viable counter, as it has literally one use. I've killed a ridiculous amount of people who pulled out a shotel and tried to finish me off only to get hit before they could pull their hit off. Flamberge could give him some problems, but so could a well calculated hit from the MSGS. The start up of the Flamberge's attacks is either identical or slightly longer (R2s)

He wouldn't need to roll dodge your pyros. Fire, as well as Chaos Fire Whip are completely walled by Havel's Shield. It's the most pathetic thing to watch mages squirm against my strength build when they're put up against that monster. If you were really good, you could spell cancel fire whip into a shotel hit, but if you can pull off something like that in the midst of a fight, This argument would happen.

The thing is, the same goes for him, in that his weapon speed and recovery time will prevent him from getting many of his hits in.

If the two of you were at an equal skill level, then what it would boil down to is a battle of patience.
    This is one of those times where it's more about skill rather than the build.
    Although I'd normally say that your build plays a major role in who you can and can't beat, this one will be purely based on skill and playstyle of the players like you said.

DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate on Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 am

Jansports wrote:The build fat rolls. 3/10 would beat naked with a demon's spear

He always could have a Demon's Spear of his own.

Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.

Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri May 03, 2013 2:49 am

@Seignar

Spoiler:
    Seignar wrote:@Animaaal:

Dragon GS is a Special Attack not magic!

Lol, I loves magi, so I'd be upset if people knew you could parry magic/castings, but I'm not playing right now, so..... silly j/k

So seriously, I forget which ones, but I'm pretty sure you can parry magic.

On topic: I wonder what your poise would be with the buff??? :suspect:

xxalucard

Post by xxalucard on Fri May 03, 2013 2:54 am

Instead of all of these "theory counters"...why don't some of you guys who say you can counter it just set up some duels with him?

I'd be interested to see some videos and how the build plays, and also how some who claim they could beat it would play against it.

This thread reminds me of something I saw a long time ago in the Halo forums:

Once upon a time...

There was this guy (who went by the alias of "dymdez") that claimed a pro (who went by the alias of "ripp0n") was a bad player and could only make a montage by staging many of the kills. "Ripp0n," (the pro in question) of course responded to this, and a series of "theory arguments" ensued. "Dymdez" would claim "Rippon" sucked, and "Rippon" would claim he was so good that it wouldn't be worth his time to educate "Dymdez."

But, as time went on, the argument became center stage to drama and fanclubs for both sides ("Dymdez" was known at the time for making popular montages as well), so eventually Rippon conceded to give Dymdez his "proof" by going against him and his vocal friend in a 2v2.

They played, and they recorded. This was what happened:

Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Fri May 03, 2013 4:11 am

What about the silver pendant? It should prove useful against dark bead.
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Fri May 03, 2013 4:03 pm

me you this build lets go!

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer on Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Werdax wrote:What about the silver pendant? It should prove useful against dark bead.
    In theory, yes. But the problem with the pendant is that it's a defense, not a counter. It's also not a full defense either, as it only blocks dark magic. Trying to SP dark bead would require some amount of prediction on your part, and if you misinterpret the enemy's moves it will leave you open for a normal attack, or even a BS.

When you stand by the Gate of Death
    And you have to tear free
    I shall follow you
    Across the Resounding Bridge with my song

You will be free from the bonds that bind you
    You are free from the bonds that bound you.
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Fri May 03, 2013 6:07 pm

I'd gladly get in game and fight against this build, if I could see magic at all that is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:35 am