Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Serious_Much
jaythibodeau
TehInfamousAmos
Halicarnassis
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Hue
Saturday-Saint
GrinTwist
tinypantha
raecor14
User1
skarekrow13
Latitoast
Mr. Tart
Soris Ice Goldwing
RANT
Dibsville
Dubscythe
23 posters

Games you wanted to like but couldn't?

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Games you wanted to like but couldn't? - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you wanted to like but couldn't?

Post by GrinTwist Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 am

I can agree with you on that Amos. While it's hard to get in to the original Dragon Age itself it still was fun to play when I could get into it.

I burned my copy of the second Dragon Age.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Games you wanted to like but couldn't? - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you wanted to like but couldn't?

Post by RANT Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:elder scroll series, it's just bad and by bad I mean the fighting system is so bland, oblivion and skyrim sucked imo, I love melee fights and they failed miserably in that aspect. get it together Bethesda, this is not 1990.
    Playing a TES game for the combat is like playing Dark Souls for the roleplaying.

meh, I play games because of their gameplay and tes blows because of it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri May 03, 2013 11:27 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:elder scroll series, it's just bad and by bad I mean the fighting system is so bland, oblivion and skyrim sucked imo, I love melee fights and they failed miserably in that aspect. get it together Bethesda, this is not 1990.
    Playing a TES game for the combat is like playing Dark Souls for the roleplaying.

That is kind of why i play it...
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 am

For me, I just couldn't get into playing ANY of the Final Fantasy games, Skyrim (loved Oblivion though), Fable, Dead Space, Bioshock and any of the 2D Zelda games besides Four Swords. I even found A Link to the Past boring...

Currently playing Dragons Dogma, Soul Sacrifice and Grandia 2 though. silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 03, 2013 11:55 am

@jay lol grandia series is awesome and the first one is one of my favorite games ever, I really wanna play souls sacrifice but I don't have a vita and im saving up for the ps4.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:

I think roleplaying in dark souls is pretty easy to do- you're just as free in dark souls if not more so to make your character unique than in skyrim..

Also with skyrim, they changed the emphasis of elder scrolls to be much more combat based, but left the gameplay as it's stale awful self. Say what you want about the older games, but there's absolutely no doubt that skyrim's emphasis switched more to combat, and that move simply exposed even further the awful combat system elder scrolls has.

Needs a revamp an needs deepening. I probably won't play another TES game till that happens, the story is always badly paced and really not very interesting.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Zelda Skyward Sword.

First couple hours were awesome....

...a couple hours after that were okay...

...now the $#%@ing puzzles are old...

...I miss souls.... sad
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 pm

RantFromRant wrote:@jay lol grandia series is awesome and the first one is one of my favorite games ever, I really wanna play souls sacrifice but I don't have a vita and im saving up for the ps4.
    Yeah. I like Grandia 2 more though. silly The first and second ones are awesome, but is the third any good? I have Grandia Xtreme and it's....uhhh..... Got the best combat but the story is pretty bad. Supposedly the third one has awesome combat but a meh story. Too bad there won't ever be a grandia 4 though, since the creator died a year or so ago. sad (That, and that they've wasted funds and time on the Grandia MMO that didn't do well...)
    Who knows, Soul Sacrifice 2 could be on the PS4. Keiji Inafune never stated fully whether or not it will be Vita exclusive. happy

Animaaal wrote:
    Zelda Skyward Sword.

First couple hours were awesome....

...a couple hours after that were okay...

...now the $#%@ing puzzles are old...

...I miss souls....
    That game was ok I guess. I always tried to be strategic or careful with my swings. But, once I reached
    Spoiler:
    I just said SCREW THIS. I started to flail around, which surprisingly led me to land all of my hits. Seems like this game was designed with flailing imbecilic swordplay in mind. Shrug

By the way, if anyone is looking for an extremely good strategy game. For the love of god, stop reading this and look it up now. It's called Frozen Synapse.
    I love that game so freaking much. big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 03, 2013 4:38 pm

the third one was good but not as good as the first and second ones but definitely try it if you have the time. im so bored of games right now, the only game Im playing is final fantasy 9, loved that game, there hasn't been a FF game I loved like that one in forever, I hated FF8 and the rest were ok.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri May 03, 2013 4:44 pm

I cant think of anything other than Skyrim been sitting here for 30 minuets and havent thought of anything
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 pm

RantFromRant wrote:the third one was good but not as good as the first and second ones but definitely try it if you have the time. im so bored of games right now, the only game Im playing is final fantasy 9, loved that game, there hasn't been a FF game I loved like that one in forever, I hated FF8 and the rest were ok.
    I nearly finished 9 but I just got lost and gave up. I"m not too sure why I don't like FF games either. The story is fine, but gameplay felt meh. I'm halfway through 7 but, yet again, I got lost. silly
    I guess I just don't like the gigantic overworlds. I agree with you though, 8 sucked. big grin Only lasted for about five minutes till I hated it. The story sucks, the main protagonist is emo and disturbingly quiet, and the magic system is HORRID.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm

How about
    Resident Evil 5
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri May 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Dibsville wrote:How about
    Resident Evil 5

How about
    ALL THE RESIDENT EVIL GAMES?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 pm

RE4 was decent, Raccoon City was great.
    You sir, have bad taste in shooters.
    I bet you play CoD in your spare time. :evil:
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Dibsville wrote:Raccoon City was great.

Get out. NOW
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Raccoon City was one of the best RE's.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Raccoon City reviews:
    4/10 IGN
    4/10 Gamespot
    2.5/5 PC gamer

Plz go back to CoD now
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Ratings don't mean that a game is good or bad.
    Just look at Skyrim.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Raccoon City reviews:
    4/10 IGN (Are bribed with pretty much everything)
    4/10 Gamespot
    2.5/5 PC gamer

Plz go back to CoD now
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri May 03, 2013 6:46 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    ResIsBestStat wrote:Raccoon City reviews:
    4/10 IGN (Are bribed with pretty much everything)
    4/10 Gamespot
    2.5/5 PC gamer

Plz go back to CoD now

Finally someone who agrees!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Dibsville wrote:Ratings don't mean that a game is good or bad.
    Just look at Skyrim.

Remember the reviews? First day reviews, that is.

10/10, across the board, pretty much everywhere.
    I call bullsh*t.
    So many non-independant game reviewers are paid off, and it's just so obvious..
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Ratings don't mean that a game is good or bad.
    Just look at Skyrim.

Remember the reviews? First day reviews, that is.

10/10, across the board, pretty much everywhere.
    I call bullsh*t.
    So many non-independant game reviewers are paid off, and it's just so obvious..

I know
    But EVERYONE disliked Raccoon City! The corrupt reviewers (IGN plz) the fans who were pissed off because it wasn't survival horror and other dudes.
    Raccoon City was a failure.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 03, 2013 6:53 pm

I don't get all the Elder Scrolls hate,Morrowind was one of the top 10 greatest RPGs between 2000 and now.Say what you want about Skyrim and Oblivion,both are nowhere near as good but leave the early games alone.And Resident Evil 1 and 2 were good.
    If I had to pick some games I should have liked but didn't very much,I'd say Crackdown 2,Dead Rising 2 and Counterstrike:GO.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I don't get all the Elder Scrolls hate,Morrowind was one of the top 10 greatest RPGs between 2000 and now.Say what you want about Skyrim and Oblivion,both are nowhere near as good but leave the early games alone.And Resident Evil 1 and 2 were good.
    If I had to pick some games I should have liked but didn't very much,I'd say Crackdown 2,Dead Rising 2 and Counterstrike:GO.

I agree on Dead Rising 2, it was really bad, Dead Rising 1 way better
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 03, 2013 6:58 pm

I played the hell out of the first one,the second wasn't bad or anything,it just never felt the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 am