Discoveries you only made recently.

Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Aigaios on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

If you have two different versions of dark souls you will not be able to use the same save file for both, meaning that you can have 20 characters per account as long as you have both discs working.

Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Aigaios wrote:If you have two different versions of dark souls you will not be able to use the same save file for both, meaning that you can have 20 characters per account as long as you have both discs working.
    On my Xbox version, I have saves on Cloud, flash drive, and the hard drive.  Max of 30 different characters.  On PS3 can you keep 10 on the cloud and ten on your drive, or is cloud just for a backup?

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    Aigaios wrote:If you have two different versions of dark souls you will not be able to use the same save file for both, meaning that you can have 20 characters per account as long as you have both discs working.
    On my Xbox version, I have saves on Cloud, flash drive, and the hard drive.  Max of 30 different characters.  On PS3 can you keep 10 on the cloud and ten on your drive, or is cloud just for a backup?
    You can just make another Profile on PS3 and use the same PSN ID to have as many Characters as you can make them fit on your Playstation .

Each Profile can have 10 Characters and still use the same PSN ID .
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:
    You can just make another Profile on PS3 and use the same PSN ID to have as many Characters as you can make them fit on your Playstation .

I didn't realize you could use the same PSN ID for different profiles.
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dalsio on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:

I use PC and what is this? tongue 
    I can have virtually infinite characters. Even if my hard drive gets full with data (which is insane, considering how big it is and how small the file is) I can just go buy a new one... If I had more money... or any money at all...

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:

I didn't realize you could use the same PSN ID for different profiles.
    lol .
    Why shouldn't you be able to ?
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 pm

I think you can only have 10 characters per PSN ID. You can have multiple PSN IDs on one console (one per email address).

If you know of a way to increase that, do tell.

Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 pm

You know those sentinel giants in Anor Londo, the ones whose shields block everything? Well, if you hit just right it will do a little bit of damage past the shield. I had done a running twohand r1 with a charcoal resin largeclub, and ended up doing 10 damage to the giant during the hit.

Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:09 am

Dual wielding with two stone greataxes while slow-walking in pvp is HELL of a lot of fun. It is as unreliable as it sounds, but that doesn't take away the fun of it. It also feels really satisfying when you finish off your opponents when you hammer away with R1 L2. Eventually, once you get the hang of it, nothing can phase you.
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:37 am

A true Dark Souls player can defeat a cheat engine hacker user ganker spamming wog dark bead crown of dusk DMB SNB zwei power within user without the use of pitfalls

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 am

Green__Eagle wrote:I think you can only have 10 characters per PSN ID. You can have multiple PSN IDs on one console (one per email address).
    The PSN ID has nothing to do with the saves on your PS3 .
    You see, you can make multiple Profiles on your PS3 .

On "Profile One" for example you have 10 DEX Characters .
    Now you can just make another Profile with it's own saves that have nothing to do with "Profile One"s saves .

Yet you can still use the same PSN ID .

I know this works since i used my PSN ID on another Console to play Dark Souls, so i assume it works even if it's on the same Console .
    Valanor
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Valanor on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

You can backstab the little mushroom children.I wanted to get a few gold pine rasin as I suddenly backstabbed one.It was as shocking as interesting it was.

Praise the Sun!
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:A true Dark Souls player can defeat a cheat engine hacker user ganker spamming wog dark bead crown of dusk DMB SNB zwei power within user without the use of pitfalls
    Care to elaborate?
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:24 pm

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:
    ResIsBestStat wrote:A true Dark Souls player can defeat a cheat engine hacker user ganker spamming wog dark bead crown of dusk DMB SNB zwei power within user without the use of pitfalls
    Care to elaborate?
    You must kill that thing above without using deathzones like bottomless pits
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:00 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    ScottyDoesKnow wrote:
    Care to elaborate?
    You must kill that thing above without using deathzones like bottomless pits
    confused  Scotty has a point, unless the hacker has no DB, EM or Bloodred Moss then its kind of impossible.

StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:05 pm

What kind of hackers are you running into, they don't need DB, Moss, etc as they just turn off those effects. Hell I've even run into ones that don't even die by fall damage.

I kicked him off the edge, but you can still see the buff and Wolf Aura. Oh he was invis too, with infinite miracles. Ended up coming back up outside of the map and throwning Sunlight Spears at me from in the walls. Fun.

Then there's this type, don't take damage and insta curse you on hit.

It doesn't matter how good of a player you are, there is literally no way to win.

Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I discovered a magic crossbow+10 has quite a bit higher combined AR then a Lightning. Too bad they don't have magic bolts. Then again, wouldn't it be better to use normal bolts anyway rather then lightning bolts, due to how damage acts as if it has increasing returns?

Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:51 am

StiffNipples wrote:What kind of hackers are you running into, they don't need DB, Moss, etc as they just turn off those effects. Hell I've even run into ones that don't even die by fall damage.

I kicked him off the edge, but you can still see the buff and Wolf Aura. Oh he was invis too, with infinite miracles. Ended up coming back up outside of the map and throwning Sunlight Spears at me from in the walls. Fun.

Then there's this type, don't take damage and insta curse you on hit.

It doesn't matter how good of a player you are, there is literally no way to win.
    Are you on the PC?

StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 am

Aigaios wrote:
    Are you on the PC?
    Yeah, that's on PC. I sometimes run into the script kiddies with a trainer and 64k hp above their heads - those guys you can kill with bleed/a cliff.

But there are those that are a little more inventive with their hacks that I occasionally run into. Thankfully I only run into them once every 50hrs or so.

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I discovered a magic crossbow+10 has quite a bit higher combined AR then a Lightning. Too bad they don't have magic bolts. Then again, wouldn't it be better to use normal bolts anyway rather then lightning bolts, due to how damage acts as if it has increasing returns?

Magic and Divine Crossbow will do the most damage to bosses pre DLC, for DLC bosses though +15 is best. Lightning is sh*t-house though.

I'm 80% through an SL1 crossbow only run, and Divine Light Crossbow is my fav, with heavy bolts. Lightning Light Crossbow with lightning bolts doesn't even come close.

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 am

That reminds me, I watched a Foxeogames youtube video recently were he said the only system with infinite HP hackers is PC; PS3 and Xbox hackers won't show damage because they're have so much HP (knew that) but they're aren't any truly infinite HP hackers on the consoles.  However... I saw a guy on PS3 with an empty HP bar and just to be cute and hit you over the head with his hax, he had the calamity ring on.  I suppose that that's invincibility rather than infinite HP.  But, in either case I think it's fair to assume bleed wasn't going to kill him.  I've also seen two lag switchers in last week after having only seen at most one in all my time playing before last week.

Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Thankfully, on the PS3, you can block these people, so you only have to encounter them once.
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 pm

StiffNipples wrote:
    I'm 80% through an SL1 crossbow only run, and Divine Light Crossbow is my fav, with heavy bolts. Lightning Light Crossbow with lightning bolts doesn't even come close.
    Nips, I remember you saying something like this in another thread, and I tried it out.  You're right...that's a potent crossbow.  Now I have one of each.  Thanks for the tip.
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Phantoms can't be cursed.

I learned this by assisting someone in Duke's Archives; we got to Seath, he did his AoE attack and I got stuck by his tail in an attempt to cut it, so I got cursed.

I then went back to the bonfire, perfectly fine.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 pm

there is an invader skined skeleton dog that floats (spawns floating)also beware its stronger than any other

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 pm

That when you least expect it the Anor Londo Archer Twins are gonna get you.. Someday somehow.. You may have forgotten about them for now, no big deal, get past em every new build.. But those who harbor self-delusions should at once be warned.. They're out there, coming for you..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:03 am