I have a question...

    Share
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    I have a question...

    Post by Seignar on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:37 pm

    If Bonewheel Skeletons hellbent on murdering you, a Darkwraith Pyromancer noob, a bunch of insane naked men, an armored knight who kills first and talks later, Birdmen that want to eat your eyes and a FREAKING UNDEAD DRAGON are considered kind inhabitants...

    What is a mean inhabitant?

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 pm

    You and the other people who have invaded the great Queen's territory.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 pm

    Remember Priscilla has secluded herself intentionally whereas the other inhabitants appear to have been there for other reasons. Evidence supports Priscilla voluntarily entering the world, likely at its origin, meaning she entered a peaceful land and is oblivious to changes


    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by User1 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 pm

    I am quite the meanie.
    Beating people up with leather fists in that world could never be so much fun elsewhere.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

    Obviously us it seems. I mean Priscilla's definition of kind and peaceful is different from our definitions.


    _________________
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm

    I think the only person she's actually seen in quite some time is Jeremiah who appears to have died peacefully. I think her definition is the same as ours. She needs to get out of her room a little more though

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm

    If that is the case then she must have spent decades behind that fog gate to not notice anything.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

    Priscilla is a child who is not to be disturbed.
    Painted World is a no-no zone, those beings are simply guarding her.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 pm

    Soris, I've done enough text walls on the topic so I won't here but there's plenty of evidence to suggest she's there voluntarily and looking for seclusion. Whereas the other inhabitants likely came later. Speculation of course, but that's my belief

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm

    My belief is that she was banished there, but I can't tell much as Priscilla's lore does not seem to go to definitely in-depth, but is rather spread out.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:08 pm

    I won't disagree with your speculation there skare. I ran into a similar one a long time ago and can't seem to disapprove of it.


    _________________
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm

    My chief pieces of evidence, in summary, are her very much stressed concept of lonely and outcast. Also she was "drawn in." To a painting......get it? Not forced in, not fled there....drawn in. Only a doll, strange dress and all as a former companion. So drawn in, in my opinion is she was fascinated with the cold and lonely world to the point it drew her in or Ariamis drew her in purposely as a favor. I don't think he drew everyone in since the cages look out of place and there's no dragon child sized one.

    Also note, the painting guardians have zero consideration.....literally zero.....for things escaping the painting. Seriously. The door in is limited access (magic key) and guarded in a way where stealth is near impossible AND the guards are one of a few remnants of a lost city. They're quite important. To get out requires no key, no resistance (per Priscilla) and the painting guardians don't even notice when you step out. Don't forget, she tells you how to leave.

    avatar
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 200
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-02-04

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Brigade on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 pm

    There are no bird men in the Painted World. There are women who have taken on the forms of ravens.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 pm

    Makes sense skare. My belief was that due to the location of the exit, the fact that she knows the exit she knew she was not trapped and entered voluntarily. The doll was the key in but since there is nothing to keep her in I figured the painting was an asylum for her to be away from the world. I knew the painting guardians keep people out but I never figured out who leads them or did, as their armor descriptions describe that generations of them has pasted.

    Priscilla's non-violent ways were what got me. I settled on that she doesn't not want to fight and settles that we are not brutes but use reason and leave her alone. All speculation of course.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 pm

    Actually, they are followers of Velka.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 pm

    They could be. The only evidence I see is who overlooks them though. But even that is slim evidence

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm

    I believe Priscilla is a child who was banished into the Painted World for being a bastard child. Due to faith and slander, we could conclude that it was a sin to have a child of two different beings, so bastard childs were in themselves a sin. I also see Velka as being kind-hearted, Witch or not, and Velka took pity on Priscilla. She had the painter Ariamis create the giant painting, and Velka sent her followers to guard Priscilla. Ariamis also sent his followers to guard its only entrance and exit. I believe Priscilla does not know of this, and when she refers to the Painting as being a Land, she may believe that the painting is in fact another land, and not some interdimensional connection between Lordran and the made up world.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 pm

    The beauty of the game is that I can't say you're wrong or I'm right. That's also plausible

    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Latitoast on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 pm

    I beat the living sh*t out of her today on my Darkmoon build.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:The beauty of the game is that I can't say you're wrong or I'm right. That's also plausible
    Amen. Nothing we say is 100% true or 100% false if you think of it.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm

    Actually, there are a few things we CAN say, but only because they are plainly stated right in front of our eyes. Such as the Four Knights being followers of Gwyn.
    But we can go more in-depth. Did they follow on their own will? Were they insane at the time? WAS THERE REALLY ONLY FOUR??


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Latitoast on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm

    There were actually 8 kings.

    The boss battle is a testament to that fact.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 pm

    I said Four Knights, but yes, the Four Kings is just a denotation.
    There is in fact, many Kings, but you normally only fight Four as each King makes up ~25% of the health bar.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

    Dibsville wrote:Actually, there are a few things we CAN say, but only because they are plainly stated right in front of our eyes. Such as the Four Knights being followers of Gwyn.
    But we can go more in-depth. Did they follow on their own will? Were they insane at the time? WAS THERE REALLY ONLY FOUR??
    1: No idea
    2: No idea
    3: No and gameplay has proven that.


    _________________
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Latitoast on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 pm

    The Silver Knight Straightsword destroys that health bar.

    Just saying.

    And I didn't even notice the knights, I just saw Four in your post and was like "I JUST HATE THEM SO MUCH I JUST HATE THEM SOOOOOO MUCH"

    :3


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers


    Sponsored content

    Re: I have a question...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 am