Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dark Souls effects glitch

Cosmic49

Dark Souls effects glitch Empty Dark Souls effects glitch

Post by Cosmic49 Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum as you can see this is my first post. I joined this forum after 2 hours of searching the web (which did not solve my problem). My problem is that my bonfire effects, spell effects, and pyromancy spells are all gone. I am currently playing on PS3 and on regular NG if that helps. To describe this further, the actual flame of a bonfire does not show up, but I am able to rest at it. Any fireballs or soul arrows I cast do damage, but the animation does not display. Occasionally, the textures flicker and I can see them, but after a second they disappear. Help me please. This might be a known glitch and I did not know what it is called or it might be just me. Anyways your help is appreciated. I have tried the following: turning off my PS3 and restarting it several times, removing the disk and cleaning it with appropriate materials,and taking disk out letting PS3 cool down then restarting. Thank You for your help if I do not reply to you.
    EDIT: I have been playing Dark Souls with no problem like this for ~1 year.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Dark Souls effects glitch Empty Re: Dark Souls effects glitch

Post by ublug Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Unfortunately, this is a glitch that happened when the DLC first came out. Back then, it was limited only to the DLC. Since patch 1.0.8, it has begun happening again, except all over Lordran this time. Unfortunately, we'll just have to deal with it for now until it gets fixed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm