Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Hue
Frit
crazydogtfa
chantienyee
Tanklord
Tchuwib
ninjashifty
AnCapaillMor
Muker
twigsterxd
KrazykevS10
DaFarmerProject
ResIsBestStat
ExplodingPenguin
XachAttack
ICEninja
Soris Ice Goldwing
Flankydizzle
jaythibodeau
Animaaal
User1
Seignar
Latitoast
Dibsville
Satoshi
29 posters

Things You've Done as a Newbie

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Things You've Done as a Newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You've Done as a Newbie

Post by Animaaal Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Okay I can't take it, and this isn't my story...it's Mr. Tart's

In a similar thread, he talked about how when he got out of the Asylum, he didn't like the "tone" or something of the Crestfallen Warrior....so....he attcked him.

Is was his first toon I believe, and everytime he spawned at Firelink, good ol' "Mr. Sunshine" raped him everytime he spawned lol.

He had to trash his toon.

I still lol! thinking about it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Things You've Done as a Newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: Things You've Done as a Newbie

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Satoshi wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Satoshi wrote: If in Dark Souls II, they keep the dragonoid and add an ice upgrade for a greatsword, it will be perfect.
    What would ice even do?
    What would it even look like on a character?
    Would you glow for 2 frames every time you're hit with an ice weapon?

I think an ice upgrade would maybe be something that might slow down attack and spell casting ever so slightly, but can stack if used enough times. It would probably look like crystals enveloping the opponent's body. If the ice 'bar' (like bleed or toxic) is filled up completely, you will deal reduced damage in addition to slower strikes. In exchange, ice buildup will be absolutely horrid and will most likely only be effective against a high vit healer.
    I think it should be where your ice bar will cause you to regain stamina slower once it's filled, much like toxic does now, except we can actually upgrade to it instead of only having the 4 current ways we have now.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    I think it should be where your ice bar will cause you to regain stamina slower once it's filled, much like toxic does now, except we can actually upgrade to it instead of only having the 4 current ways we have now.

I like that idea much better to be honest. The bad thing is that I won't be able to afford Dark Souls II until long after it's released.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't gank Dibs even when I started this game. An ice path sounds nice for me.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I don't gank Dibs even when I started this game. An ice path sounds nice for me.

The only thing about it is that the person that this build cosplays makes many funny statements.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Satoshi wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I don't gank Dibs even when I started this game. An ice path sounds nice for me.

The only thing about it is that the person that this build cosplays makes many funny statements.
    Me? silly
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Me? silly

Nope.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Then who?
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Then who?

Its...

Nylocke, master of making references!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Things You've Done as a Newbie - Page 2 Black-guy-star-trek-facepalm-gif
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 pm

What's wrong, do you not feel good?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 pm

I never got that. If we keep this up we head to off topic.

Anyone else got newbie things they did?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm

wut...iz...goeeng....ohn???
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I never got that. If we keep this up we head to off topic.

Anyone else got newbie things they did?

I once thought that if the Gaping Dragon bit down on me, I could stab through its mouth for extra damage.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Taking on the trapped asylum demon at a sl 24. Very hard and I died a lot.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:16 pm

I don't have my very first character anymore, but I tried to recreate it.
    http://mmdks.com/23sg
    I don't know how I ever made it halfway through NG+, and I don't want to know. Thinking about this build just makes me break out into cold sweats and cry.
    I'm pretty sure everyone leveled Res thinking that they were making a tank build. Oh man were they wrong.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 pm

This one time, I put a level into resistance.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 am

Flankydizzle wrote:This one time, I put a level into resistance.
    ^This was my PvP mistake.
    ICEninja

Post by ICEninja Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:11 am

My first character made my halberd "raw" upgraded.

Once I was realized how much that thing sucked I was using the crystal halberd found in Anor Londo. It took me a while to find a decent weapon (Quelaag's fury) to finally defeat S&O without breaking my poor halberd.

Also, I second the idea for an ice upgrade path winking (because of my name) I'd like to see ice, fire, and lightning and have them all do different effects. I actually don't mind the skyrim style of things, where fire has the best DPS, lightning impacts spellcasting as well as HP and ice impacts stamina as well as HP.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 am

I didn't have very many nooby moments, sadly, because a buddy of mine told me alot about Dark Souls when I was deciding about getting it or not.

One of them was when I got to the Drake Bridge, after the Taurus Demon, I kept trying to go through the underside of the bridge. The hollows were no problem, but the damn rats kept poisoning me. Over and over again x_X.

The moment I was able to, I upgraded the Zweihander I got in the graveyard, which I did end up dying there btw lol, to Lightning. Beating Ornstein and Smough with a Zaphander by yourself sucks, especially when Ornstein is the last one left. After that, I just trashed everything. Though it was fun, I've always been a fan of Zweihanders in games.

Edit: I also beat Gwyn with the Furysword...with my dex at about 20 or so >_>;;. The battle was rediculously fun, but you can imagine how bad my damage output was lol.

That's about all I can remember.
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 am

Jumped down the well at Firelink Shire because I thought there would be treasure in it.

And used a Firekeeper Soul for normal souls.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:36 am

I probably had better experiences than you.
    I started as knight and found out weird the fact that i was slow, but i got used to it, later i spent one hour trying to get through the stupid Undead Burg, when I reached the watchtower this happened.
    1. I got raped by Havel
    2. I got raped by Black Knight
    3. I got raped by Taurus

Then I got pissed off and bought like 20 firebombs to kill Taurus.
    After that the dragon one shotted me.
    I got through the dragon by spamming the roll button with like 1 hp left.
    Parish was easy, only 30 deaths.
    And at the end Gargoyles, took me 20 tries but in the end i did it.
    And then I reached Sen's Fortress and my xbox was stolen
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 am

Satoshi wrote: This next one was my friend not me.

I wanted to pull a prank on one of my friends by introducing him to Dark Souls. He calls himself one of the greatest gamers ever, yet he hates any game with literally difficulty at all. I told him all about the classes in his character creation. He only likes quick weapons, but believes that they should also deal the absolute most damage that you can one-shot anything. He likes scimitars, so he chose a Wanderer and named it Price (a comic character he made.)

As he spawned for the first time, he started yelling angrily "Where is my Scimitar!"

I quickly told him, "You need to find it."

"Where?"

"I don't know, I went through with only that broken weapon."

He grunted angrily as he proceeded through the game. As he got to the Asylum demon, he said "oh, this thing can't do any damage to me. It's just a tutorial boss!" Then...he got crushed and killed.

"You need to dodge...or find your equipment." I said to him.

He was visibly angry and he ended up finding the passageway to the items, but was killed by the boulder. "Oh my God!" He screamed. I kept watching, silently making a visual map. He ended up getting to both of his items. As he tried equipping his Scimitar, he was shot a few times.

I chuckled and told him, "oh, the game doesn't pause." He growled angrily. He only equipped his Scimitar and killed the weak hollows. "Why not use your shield?"

He replied, "Shields suck, using only a weapon makes you fast." I sighed as he continued to the Asylum Demon. He managed to get the aerial attack and dealt major damage. "Oh my God! Why isn't it dead!?"

I sighed, "the game isn't the easiest in the world, ya know?"

He said something angrily, it showed he did learn something. "Is there a way to ninja flip, climb walls, and fly to get up there again?" Or he just wanted to be like a character in his comic...

I spoke, "well, you CAN roll, but not ninja flip yet."

He started yelling at me. "That sucks! Why can't you ninja flip right away, I want to be fast!"

"Well, you did pick one of the fastest starting classes."

He asked a question. "When can I use the Twin Humanities for alchemy to make potions or stronger weapons?"

"There are no potions, and Humanity is used to well...increase your humanity."

He died to the Asylum Demon...again...then he threw my controller out the window, poured lighter fluid on it, and set it on fire....he never payed me back for that.

This had me weak lol!
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 am

I remember the first time I was in the Undead Burg. I got mongled by the Black Knight. Then, I went into the watchtower with my master key and rolled down the stairs, right into Havel's dragon tooth. I raged for a bit, but then I realized if it wasn't for that damned master key I wouldn't be getting in all this trouble. That thing sucks.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 am

I played offline the first playthrough to avoid invaders.I never really made any huge mistake but my build was a mess.I leveled strength to about 60,dexterity to 30 or 40,intelligence to 15,faith to 20 roughly and had about 20 in vitality and endurance.It was a complete and utter mess but the upside was I could use most weapons.I still have the character,he's in NG+ Anor Londo right now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 am