DLC bosses are epic battles rather than obstacles.

Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DLC bosses are epic battles rather than obstacles.

Post by Dutchy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:24 am

I don't know what it is, but whenever I fight the DLC bosses like Artorias and Kalameet, I always get this epic feeling of what the battle would look like. Dodging, blocking, stabbing. Compared to the main games bosses, they feel way better. I think it might be because they're movesets are a bit less predictable and it's harder to bait them into attacks (Unlike Gaping Dragon :/ ) I find in the main game i'm just dodge attack, attack, dodge, attack, double back dodge, sprinting attack. And it get's quite dull, but I really enjoy the DLC fights. It just annoys me how long it takes for me to get to them. Anyone else thought this?
    P.S. Out of all the NPC'S/bosses in the game, the hardest for me to kill, and the one that took the most tries, was Gough. Awfully good fighter for a blind Giant.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: DLC bosses are epic battles rather than obstacles.

Post by Elifia on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:33 am

Dutchy wrote:I don't know what it is, but whenever I fight the DLC bosses like Artorias and Kalameet, I always get this epic feeling of what the battle would look like. Dodging, blocking, stabbing. Compared to the main games bosses, they feel way better. I think it might be because they're movesets are a bit less predictable and it's harder to bait them into attacks (Unlike Gaping Dragon :/ ) I find in the main game i'm just dodge attack, attack, dodge, attack, double back dodge, sprinting attack. And it get's quite dull, but I really enjoy the DLC fights. It just annoys me how long it takes for me to get to them. Anyone else thought this?
    P.S. Out of all the NPC'S/bosses in the game, the hardest for me to kill, and the one that took the most tries, was Gough. Awfully good fighter for a blind Giant.

I know what you're saying when referring to bosses like Gaping Dragon. So lame. If you don't overlevel or anything though, some regular bosses should feel the same as the DLC bosses. Especially NG+ Gwyn when you can't parry for whatever reason.
    As for Gough, I only fought him once, and he was soooo easy silly I was using 40 END, FaP and GShieldoA though, so I could block every attack. The biggest ones took about half my stamina.

Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:34 am

Yeah, I had full endurance, but a tiny as shield. I had to dodge. As well as my main weapon was slow, so I switched to Priscilla's dagger for the bleed. Took me honestly like 25 or so tries.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 am

I know what you mean, I seem to enjoy fighting the DLC bosses a lot more than the others, and Artorias and Manus especially still present a real challenge on NG+ and beyond.

Obsessed

Post by Dutchy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 am

I still havn't yet beaten Manus. He is just way too much for me to handle. So aggressive.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 am

Try fast rolling and any sort of fire weapon/buff and plenty of luck too!

Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 am

Me hopes that the DLC bosses were just a teaser of what can be expected from ALL the regular game bosses in DkS2. ...and I'm sure they are. Epic battles, even with phantoms.
    Both DS and DkS have some pretty cheesy bosses in regular gameplay, gotta admit. ( summon phantoms and the boss almost becomes a joke). Then there are those who actually present a real challenge (, first playthrough). FROM , most likely , designed it this way, so that, you struggle with one boss, almost quitting, then after many deaths finally getting the reward of a kill, then another or the next boss is cheesy easy after 1-3 tries, you're moving forward again. ( a reward type system?)
    I know I would love it if ALL bosses were as BRUTALLY tough and tougher than the DLC bosses, but then I think the game would be too hard for half the people who TRY IT. ( it oh, :bom: , did I just say that?).
    The developers have very little work that needs to go into tweaking the gameplay mechanics of this game( it's established, shield/weapon=block/hit, miracles/magic/pyro=spam/spam/spam), a good portion of their development time can go into boss/enemy AI responses, puzzle building and the intricate beauty of the world in which you will play. I would think that , predictability of boss/ enemy reactions is high on their list of improvements. Expect more EPIC.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 am

Yeah the DLC fights where definitely more enjoyable than most of the main game fights~

E.g my first run through, throwing myself at Capra over and over was frustrating...

Losing to Artorias over and over? I didn't mind, because it was such a fun fight (Okay the time I lost when he was one hit away from dead was SO frustrating).

I think that's mainly because they're so aggressive though. The other fights you get lots of openings to attack, heal, change weapons etc, but in the DLC fights you get very small openings that you can still be punished for using.

I hope we see some more fights that are as epic as the DLC ones, but I hope they're not all as aggressive as these.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Agreed. I think the boss fights are one of the best features of the DLC.

Manus' relentless aggression reminds me of Flamelurker from DES, and that was a great boss fight.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:14 pm

If all the DKS2 bosses we're like or better than the DLC fights, we'll praise Jebus.. It looks pretty promising from the gameplay. And a bit more frightening to boot.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Gough? i found him pretty easy, just stay on his feet, like any other giant, run back when he goes WWE on your ***, and done

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 am