Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Zechk
Gol
befowler
Darkson
zRegulas9z
xXDaemonarchXx
Mike-Lassen
callipygias
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
berkut
Serious_Much
Toastfacekillah
ashes5000
18 posters

My rant of Dark souls

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My rant of Dark souls - Page 2 Empty Re: My rant of Dark souls

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Indict them whenever you have the chance and i will shove a sword down their throat whenever possible. Theres a covenant for dealing with reds and we may have a bad rep around here, but hunting griefers is what i do.

Just want to comment on how broken I think this is too, since indicting leads to a technical "leader board" i never indict these people. THAT, and you need to have beaten the gargoyles to get the ability to indict... SO by the time you even can you are past the worst of it (burg and parish).

Indicting is something I never do unless I feel like the battle was well fought, no lightening weapon was used, or if it was it was in an appropirate place (after anor or via resin). You have to earn it in my opinion haha.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 am

i did say 'whenever possible', and you're point is valid but is dependant on you seeing the book as a leaderboard. I see it as a list of lvl 30 griefers to murder guilt free.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:09 am

Darkmoons have no more chance to kill griefers than honest Darkwraiths do. All griefers have to do is kill the area boss and you can't invade them. Only people you're invading, are people trying to beat the level.

Only way to kill griefers, is to sit there and wait for them to invade you.

Edit: having said that... I did skip the Burg and Depths in this playthrough. I'll go sit there a bit tomorrow, see what the invasions are like.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 am

I would too, if as a darkmoon blade I could physically PICK people from the book.

I have tried indicting people then coming back with my DMB player to invade but it never seems to work.

I have even had an invader kill my hosting DMB player, indicted him, popped another humanity and spent a good 40 minutes waiting to invade, or hoping he would invade again for a rematch. Because it was a REALLY tight match. Didn't work though, possible he left or was busy with others.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:32 am

BLA1NE wrote:Darkmoons have no more chance to kill griefers than honest Darkwraiths do. All griefers have to do is kill the area boss and you can't invade them. Only people you're invading, are people trying to beat the level.

Only way to kill griefers, is to sit there and wait for them to invade you.

Edit: having said that... I did skip the Burg and Depths in this playthrough. I'll go sit there a bit tomorrow, see what the invasions are like.
    i do that too. and you're right but you'd be suprised how many griefers don't ever kill the boss or end up invading a bb glitcher who indicts them. griefer hunting is generally more successful in the depth though.
    @fair enough yukon. i've had it both work immediately and not at all. wasn't trying to sway you, just explain my opinion.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 am

Likewise for me, pirate. I wasnt trying to imply you were wrong either. I know the book of the guilty has its uses I just havent tapped into them yet. I just got a little jaded when I heard people boasting about the book as a leader board and lost all my desire to indict early on, doesnt mean I dont indict good players though. I'm just not much of a grief hunter haha.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:39 am

Alright, I'll go to the Depths tomorrow. Probably Red Eye at the same time, but crystal out if the host doesn't look like bb glitcher.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 am

BLA1NE wrote:I did skip the Burg and Depths in this playthrough. I'll go sit there a bit tomorrow, see what the invasions are like.

Pretty frequent from what I've seen. Everyone I get has lightning weapon /giants etc. One thing that is funny is that none of them are ready for a dose of dung pies/poison/wog. I have a lvl 45 faith ninja that I've been having great fun with. Low levelled through TOTG, New londo, B Town etc to get myself +15 comp bow, wog. Just waiting outside the undead church and it been non stop grief invasions. Dishing out the toxic pain!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:15 am

WoG's a good idea for anti-griefing. Its damage is huge at low levels. And I imagine your average griefer isn't the most skilled player, probably too much of a scrub to dodge it. Would be the best if you sit there in total noob armor so they don't expect anything, then just WoG them in the face!

Edit: wielding a Drake sword lol!

I just made a new build today, SL30, main weapons: compound bow and shotel. It's hilarious to get people to turtle with my bow, then shotel them to death! Will be lots of fun against noob griefers tomorrow. Getting my dried finger ready. happy

Last edited by BLA1NE on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 am

Thats the spirit. welcome to the darkside friend. winking
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 am

Yeah wog is awesome - I might go the full thief instead of the shadow set so I look the part as a noob. And I'm loving the bow - never really used one much for PVP - this character has like 0 poise but is good and fast so I'm dodging around letting arrows fly all over the place. The smallish arena is perfect because they don't run too far. So fun when you're facing a lighting zwei and you're jumping around tagging him with arrows/pies everytime they miss big grin
    zRegulas9z
    zRegulas9z

Post by zRegulas9z Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 am

I can see where op is coming from as at times it is pretty ridiculous, on my level 15 sunbro full solaire setup armor all plus 6, weapons plus 10 (all from hard work farming large titanite in depths for ages) so could help lowbies at gargoyles with gold phantom, was summoned to host already another phantom there had better gear than me like iato, shotel nothing past anor londo but better stuff, 3 of us on our way to gargoyles climbing up ladder get invaded, think to myself 'ha what a bad time for this guy to invade' both me and phantom stand in front of host wait for invader to be ready takes two swings kills both me and phantom in one hit then kills host

was invaded on this same character while waiting to be summoned once just stood there waiting for invader to come to me i see him and he stands a good distance away so i bow, he pulls out lightning avelyn bam dead in one burst, not even a whole burst as i died after first few

i mean what fun can people have with easy fights that propose no challenge what so ever
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:28 pm

These people simply play with a different attitude. For them, the fun is not at winning, but trolling, making you suffer and mad. While they taunt after they one-shot you I don't think they are like: "I'm so awesome!" but rather: "Damn, that dude must be so pissed right now trololol!" They don't feel good because they did something great, they feel good because you feel bad, simple as that. I guess I wouldn't even have had to explain it like that, I'm pretty sure we all have already met enough people like that in real life, haven't we? :roll:
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Who knows what a griefer is thinking?

Personally, I just think they're total noobs in denial. They pack on end-game gear and crush newbs who don't stand a chance and they feel good about it. They don't realize they are skill-less and that those victories are meaningless.

They're the people who will go to the Kiln (pre-farmers Kiln--the honorable Kiln that once sort-of-was), get their asses handed to them, and blame the opponent's weapon or the game mechanics. Then they go back to the Burg because they were "good" there...

They're in denial.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Darkson wrote:These people simply play with a different attitude. For them, the fun is not at winning, but trolling, making you suffer and mad. While they taunt after they one-shot you I don't think they are like: "I'm so awesome!" but rather: "Damn, that dude must be so pissed right now trololol!" They don't feel good because they did something great, they feel good because you feel bad, simple as that. I guess I wouldn't even have had to explain it like that, I'm pretty sure we all have already met enough people like that in real life, haven't we? :roll:

Very true. Youtube has a bunch of videos of people self describing themselves as trolling in the burg/parish. It's what you'd expect - going in and blowing up noobs, or beating them to death with shields etc. Even where some noob manages to put up a great fight in starter gear, they'll still smap down gestures at the end just for the lolz. It's basically junior high
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:28 pm

I farmed a few Burg griefers today. Was going well until I got invaded by a Darkmoon twice my level. After that I didn't feel like farming anymore.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Can also be what Blaine says, yes, but mostly I think they are just trolls planning to get eng-game gear just for that purpose, to troll the newbies.

The main reason I always got so mad at them when they taunted me was because I thought: God damn why does he feel like a badass while he's doing such a pathetic thing? Then I usually felt like I need to send them some ridiculous hate mail to tell them how much the actually suck. The thing is, they absolutely know it doesn't take any skill to one-shot some noob with their end-game gear, they now that griefing is pathetic, but why should they care? They do it for the fun of making you mad.

What I basically wanted to say with that is: If you rage and if you send them hate mail, you just give them exactly what they're longing for.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 pm

I think there is an element of both what Darkson is saying and what Blaine is saying at work. People like to win. That's why most games are so easy in comparison to Dark Souls. Especially in the western markets, people like to turn on a game, be the big damn hero and save the world.

Why does Assassins Creed have such a simple combat engine and mechanics that make it impossible to die to a single soldier (I tested that one btw, the soldier got me to 1 block of health in Brotherhood, then could_not kill me. My health regen kicked in so fast he could never depleat that final square...)

Equally, people like to win in pvp. They like the feeling of besting people, and despite griefing being a compleatly artificial way to do so, they still feel good about winning even over a significantly weaker opponent. I have a friend who flat out refuses to play unless he's hollow or unplugged because he's not keen on losing basically. I can see his point, even if I don't agree.

Others like to ruin people's day and get a reaction, exactly as Darkson said. I think for most griefers in lowbie areas, it's a mixture of the two basically. It's not the way I choose to play and I don't agree with it, but I guess I can sorta see where they are coming from.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:37 am

^ Agreed. I think you're right actually and summed it up perfectly. My rant of Dark souls - Page 2 3149687655

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm