Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
Stonedtrooper
SirArchmage
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
10 posters

Pyromancy? No Problem.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Pyromancy? No Problem. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pyromancy? No Problem.

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:53 am

In the forest there was one player in light armor DWGR and a katana no shield. This guy was good and we kept missing our hits by inches apart. He dodges I roll into him and swing and he barely makes it away. We had done damage by hitting at the same moments and dead angles. I have more hp then him for having a shield though the chaos blade was starting to worry me. A few feet away, he charges the thrust, I threw a r2 and he missed and I hit and killed him. Fun as heck.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:45 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:In the forest there was one player in light armor DWGR and a katana no shield. This guy was good and we kept missing our hits by inches apart. He dodges I roll into him and swing and he barely makes it away. We had done damage by hitting at the same moments and dead angles. I have more hp then him for having a shield though the chaos blade was starting to worry me. A few feet away, he charges the thrust, I threw a r2 and he missed and I hit and killed him. Fun as heck.

I love close fights. They just make me smile. When I start doing organized fights, I would like to go against you.

I was walking into the forest one nice night, enjoying the breeze. I was suddenly invaded by two Forest Hunters. I quickly go to my menu and equip the Gravelord Greatsword and the Murakumo as a backup weapon. In my off-hand, I equipped the Heater Shield. I was wearing Havel's set.

These invaders were by far the smartest I have ever seen. There was a player in extremely light armor which I could easily expect to see some flipping, while the other wore big boy Smough's set with his hammer and Havel's Greatshield. The one in the back started to cast Heavy Soul Arrow while "Smough" was charging at me. I could tell that they basically planned to keep me engaged with an enemy that can take many hits while the other can wither away my health.

Smough used the overhead smash, which I rolled backwards to evade, thank goodness for that three extra endurance for a midroll. I got a hit on him with the Gravelord to inflict some damage and get some toxic started. I took a hard swing to the face from Smough, as I was recovering, I was getting smacked down by the Soul Arrows. I thrust my sword at Smough, which he barely fat rolled out of.

With his extremely slow get up, I took off sprinting towards the magician who kept firing different Soul Arrows at me, some missed, some hit. When I caught up to him, I expected an easy hit. But as my earlier prediction, the dreaded ninja flip made him get behind me and get a backstab. I got up just to have a wake up overhead smash by Smough.

I got up and took off piece of armor I had on, put on the DWGR and sprinted/flipped for my life, when I got to a decently safe area, I used some humanity and re-equipped my armor. I am quickly alerted by the sounds of a catalyst being used. I instinctively rolled and barely got out of the way of a HCSM. I saw a golden summon sign and quickly ran towards it.

The silhouette was the one I needed. A person clad in Black Iron armor, greatshield, wielding the Black Knight Greataxe. I was mashing 'A' nervously as the foes approached. Smough used the overhead smash to gain ground and get a hit. I tried blocking with my low stability shield, but was alarmed by a greatshield blocking the way. In barely any time at all, my friend decided to start voice chat. "Hey." He said, while I was speechless. "Miss me?" I chuckled.

"You know it man, let's do this!" I yelled proudly. I switched my items by un-equipping the Murakumo and switched armor and shield to Black Iron, mimicking my friends appearance. Smough kept swinging at us, with many futile shots, he realized he couldn't win. "This is my fight, let me do this..." I said to him calmly.

"Got it, just don't get yourself killed."

I laughed at his remark, "Don't worry, Nito has given me the power to cause horror, sadness, and fear upon others. I will never stop spreading this until everyone hears my name..." I had a slight smirk on my face. Smough stopped flailing, and I saw my chance. As my friend was backing up, I quickly swung my sword many times, dispatching Smough. "Cover me for a second."

"Sure, sure. You never let me have fun..." He muttered.

"C'mon man, I always let you take the enemies, it's boring hanging back."

He walked in front of me and slammed his greatshield into the ground, as arrows flew his way, he stayed stable as I swapped out my equipment to something more preferable. I used the DWGR, took off my shield, and am only wearing the Black Leather boots and gloves with the Wanderer Coat. "Okay, now back off, I got this now."

He audibly sighed, "Sure." He moved away from the front lines as I slowly moved forward. The magician was outplayed, but he kept shooting arrows. I kept sustaining damage as I approached him slowly. As a last resort, the magician cast Dark Fog. As the clouding mist blinding my sight of him, I didn't waver. I sprinted through the fog, sword in hand. I slashed at him multiple times until he fell on the ground, reaching up in the air, dying.

Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 am

Satoshi wrote: And about the gender thing, Satoshi is a male name...and my real one...but by genetics, my appearance and voice was so feminine...I am often mistaken for a teenage girl. It is really frustrating.
    I've been mistaken for a 30 year old man when I was 15.

Anyways, I've had multiple experiences like that where people try to pyro through my Greatshield of Artorias or a Black Knight Shield.

I think someone's gotten mad at me before for going behind the Giant Blacksmith when he started pulling out magic.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:02 am

Latitoast wrote:I've been mistaken for a 30 year old man when I was 15.

Anyways, I've had multiple experiences like that where people try to pyro through my Greatshield of Artorias or a Black Knight Shield.

I think someone's gotten mad at me before for going behind the Giant Blacksmith when he started pulling out magic.

Oh dear...did the blacksmith get hurt? I really like him! I didn't know that the Greatshield of Artorias had good fire defense...well...I've never had one actually, I have his cursed sword. I plan on dual wielding his normal and cursed sword.

Gosh...I really hope I am not the only one who gives their character a story and personality...I started doing that since I was really young, and it stayed a habit. Doesn't help that I create lots and lots of manga. My main character is actually similar to the first manga protagonist I made in some aspects.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:06 am

It has 80% resistance. If you ever want to kill the Hellkite, take that, the stability and the fire Defense is wonderful.

I give them small stories if they aren't cosplays.

The Archmage was a famous archer, who used magic secretly to appear better then he actually is.

Nothing too big, I let the game tell it's own story.

I'd hate to give something a personality, because in real life I have a very lackluster personality.

A side effect of being terribly shy.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 am

During my quest to unlock every achievement, I decided it was high-time I to kill Sith to get the very last weapon I needed from his soul. Now, me being a complete dumbass, I decided to go through the gate from the Darkroot Garden. While human. I didn't even think about it much. Completely forgot it was the biggest pvp cluster-fock in the game. I make it to the bottom of the steps when I get invaded. I decide to kill the npc's nearby first to get them out of the way. Right after I kill the sorcerer and start on the bandit, I get invaded again. And again. They realize that there is three of them soon enough and wait until they are all together to attack me. Now I assume that one of them was low leveled, because I cast tranquil walk of peace and killed him with two hits from my Greatsword of Artorias, while hitting the bandit npc as well(I did around 593 damage at the time with it.) One of the invaders was a sorcerer, so he was content to sit back and shoot soul arrows at me while the other guy tried to take me with his claymore and silver knight armor(I had havels armor, dusk crown, and havels shield. He was not smart.) One hit him with Homing Crystal Soul Mass since I also had Bellowing Dragoncrest ring on. And then I just chased the sorcerer down and backstabbed him. Then I decide to take the path through Alvina to get to Sith, and by the time I get to the mushrooms two more guys invaded. One of them backstabbed me with a rapier, then the other attempted to fire tempest me when I got up. A quick slap with my Greatsword stopped him and dead-angled the rapier guy as well. Managed to just combo-lock the two guys til they died. And by the time I got to the fog gate of Sith another Invaded. I didn't even bother with it and went into the boss fight.

Too Long Didn't Read: Don't be a high-leveled human in the forest unless you want pvp or are a masochist

P.S. All my characters have personalities as well. One of them in Skyrim was a nice and honorable man infront of everyone, than left to himself he was sociopathic and loved setting people on fire to watch them burn.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:25 am

Latitoast wrote:It has 80% resistance. If you ever want to kill the Hellkite, take that, the stability and the fire Defense is wonderful.

I give them small stories if they aren't cosplays.

The Archmage was a famous archer, who used magic secretly to appear better then he actually is.

Nothing too big, I let the game tell it's own story.

I'd hate to give something a personality, because in real life I have a very lackluster personality.

A side effect of being terribly shy.

Well, I got to get to NG+ first because I've already killed the Hellkite.

Terribly shy? I am much worse than that. I avoid any kind of conversations in public...I hate my appearance so much that I literally wear a homemade mask, hoods, and use umbrellas everywhere I go in public because I do not like being seen.

SirArchmage wrote:During my quest to unlock every achievement, I decided it was high-time I to kill Sith to get the very last weapon I needed from his soul. Now, me being a complete dumbass, I decided to go through the gate from the Darkroot Garden. While human. I didn't even think about it much. Completely forgot it was the biggest pvp cluster-fock in the game. I make it to the bottom of the steps when I get invaded. I decide to kill the npc's nearby first to get them out of the way. Right after I kill the sorcerer and start on the bandit, I get invaded again. And again. They realize that there is three of them soon enough and wait until they are all together to attack me. Now I assume that one of them was low leveled, because I cast tranquil walk of peace and killed him with two hits from my Greatsword of Artorias, while hitting the bandit npc as well(I did around 593 damage at the time with it.) One of the invaders was a sorcerer, so he was content to sit back and shoot soul arrows at me while the other guy tried to take me with his claymore and silver knight armor(I had havels armor, dusk crown, and havels shield. He was not smart.) One hit him with Homing Crystal Soul Mass since I also had Bellowing Dragoncrest ring on. And then I just chased the sorcerer down and backstabbed him. Then I decide to take the path through Alvina to get to Sith, and by the time I get to the mushrooms two more guys invaded. One of them backstabbed me with a rapier, then the other attempted to fire tempest me when I got up. A quick slap with my Greatsword stopped him and dead-angled the rapier guy as well. Managed to just combo-lock the two guys til they died. And by the time I got to the fog gate of Sith another Invaded. I didn't even bother with it and went into the boss fight.

Too Long Didn't Read: Don't be a high-leveled human in the forest unless you want pvp or are a masochist

P.S. All my characters have personalities as well. One of them in Skyrim was a nice and honorable man infront of everyone, than left to himself he was sociopathic and loved setting people on fire to watch them burn.

Oh my, that was really...really...awesome! I barely see anyone win a 3v1, you really are a great player. (Ugh, I want to post the backstory of one of my characters, but it would be really weird to put here.)
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:32 am

3v1s usually don't end in my favor.

My appearance isn't perfect either.

If the floor was alive, our staring contests would be unrivaled. Oh well.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 am

Satoshi wrote:Oh my, that was really...really...awesome! I barely see anyone win a 3v1, you really are a great player. (Ugh, I want to post the backstory of one of my characters, but it would be really weird to put here.)
    Oh, I love backstories. I am an avid writer, reader, and basically lover of creativity. What is your Xbox Live name? You could tell me your backstories if you wish. Or send them to me another way if you do not wish to talk, seeing as you seem to be shy(I am hardly shy at all by the way. I have the confidence of someone on PCP.)

Plus, I am pretty sure all the guys I fought were low-level except the Sorcerer and the backstabber.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 am

Latitoast wrote:3v1s usually don't end in my favor.

My appearance isn't perfect either.

If the floor was alive, our staring contests would be unrivaled. Oh well.

Well, when I look at people (1 in ∞ chance,) they see a demonic mask, not a face. I typically look away from everything. Which is compromised when I live with a girl who is obsessed with me. I prefer 3v1's just because of the extreme difficulty.

SirArchmage wrote:Oh, I love backstories. I am an avid writer, reader, and basically lover of creativity. What is your Xbox Live name? You could tell me your backstories if you wish. Or send them to me another way if you do not wish to talk, seeing as you seem to be shy(I am hardly shy at all by the way. I have the confidence of someone on PCP.)

Plus, I am pretty sure all the guys I fought were low-level except the Sorcerer and the backstabber.

I see, low-levels vs one high-level...it might be even.

I will pm you the first draft of the backstory, which might be short. I don't give out my Xbox Live name.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Satoshi wrote: Terribly shy? I am much worse than that. I avoid any kind of conversations in public...I hate my appearance so much that I literally wear a homemade mask, hoods, and use umbrellas everywhere I go in public because I do not like being seen.
    How old are you? (Don't have to answer that, nor is that an insult). Generally, teenagers are still trying to find themselves and rely heavily on other's opinions to validate their self worth (but adults with low self esteem do as well). That is sooo completely effed up that it makes me gag. But, that is the way we are wired, it seems.

My point is, do NOT value yourself based on what others think. Go out, be yourself. If others don't like it, eff them. Don't try to hide who you are because you are afraid of what others may think of you. You define who you are, nobody else. /rant

Sorry, probably doesn't help you too much, but I had to point that out. And, feel free to vent in the "let it out" thread.

Ok, back on topic . . .
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    How old are you? (Don't have to answer that, nor is that an insult). Generally, teenagers are still trying to find themselves and rely heavily on other's opinions to validate their self worth (but adults with low self esteem do as well). That is sooo completely effed up that it makes me gag. But, that is the way we are wired, it seems.

My point is, do NOT value yourself based on what others think. Go out, be yourself. If others don't like it, eff them. Don't try to hide who you are because you are afraid of what others may think of you. You define who you are, nobody else. /rant

Sorry, probably doesn't help you too much, but I had to point that out. And, feel free to vent in the "let it out" thread.

Ok, back on topic . . .

I am 22 years old. I do not care what others think of me, yet I never feel good about myself. The girl I live with always boosts my confidence, but never by much. She is my one of three friends.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 pm

*Butts in conversation*

I know that feeling Satoshi. I have very few true and close friends myself. Plus, I hate my own appearance too.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:09 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:*Butts in conversation*

I know that feeling Satoshi. I have very few true and close friends myself. Plus, I hate my own appearance too.

Well, I bet YOU at least look like your gender and you don't get hit on by other men.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Satoshi you want to head to the let it out thread to vent a bit? The people there are very good listeners.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Satoshi you want to head to the let it out thread to vent a bit? The people there are very good listeners.

I will try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 am