Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Odinbear
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soris Ice Goldwing
AnCapaillMor
Elifia
ClouDen
11 posters

Someone please help me.. Dear god.

ClouDen

Someone please help me.. Dear god. Empty Someone please help me.. Dear god.

Post by ClouDen Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello,

I've been stuck in Anor Londo for about 2 days now. For over 5 hours of game time I've been trying to merely SUMMON the murderer of the Fire Keeper. Every but EVERY single time I change in human form and get to the point where I clear the room, another player invades me, and totally rapes the **** out of me for what seems to be no good reason (by the way hes obviously something like x2 my level, lol). I don't want anything to do with the PvP in this game, I just want to play it alone. It's by far the best RPG I've ever played but this is just ruining it for me.. Is that how high end players treat the new ones? You just farm them when their humanity counter is at 0? Every time someone kills me like that I have to go back into the painted world, kill like 30 rats until one finally drops a single humanity, go back to Anor Londo, and get killed again by someone who has nothing better to do. I know DS players despise people who QQ, but I have a life outside of this and I would just like to go on with the game.

Is there any possible way someone can help me? Can I summon you?

Thank you for your answers.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Someone please help me.. Dear god. Empty Re: Someone please help me.. Dear god.

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

1) You don't summon the murderer of the firekeeper, you invade him.
    2) You can do this while hollow.
    3) You don't need to clear the room because it'll be empty anyway.
    4) If you just want to play alone you could always play offline.

Hope this helps.
    ClouDen

Post by ClouDen Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:11 pm

I tried to summon him in hollow form and nothing happens... Game bug or..?

And how do I turn off online play?
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Depends whats he's playing on, if its pc he's screwed as the save is tied to GFWL.
    Place the white soap stone, get summoned, if you help beat a boss you get humanity for it.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:15 pm

No you have it wrong. The firekeeper murderer is an enemy you invade even as hollow. You need the black eye orb you get from the dead firekeeper's remains and when in the cathedral you use it to invade him. If you are going to summon an npc you have Solaire in Anor Londo but you have to be human to summon him.
    ClouDen

Post by ClouDen Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, I'm playing on PC.

And I did try invading him with the Black Eye Orb, but nothing was happening.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:17 pm

As I said, you invade him, you don't summon him. Generally if you walk into the room, you'll get the message that the black eye orb is quivering, and the black eye orb slot in your quick access menu will no longer be grayed out. If you then use the item, it should say 'Invading world of the murderer of the firekeeper' or something like that, and 10 sec later you'll be teleported there.

Not sure if it's the same for all consoles, but to play offline on PS3 you need to not be logged into PSN.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:19 pm

what level are you, might be able to give a hand, although not with lautrec.

When you get to the main hall, you'll get a buzzing and message to about the blackeye orb. Use it then and wait, for a beginner it's a tough bloody fight.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 pm

It should work. The black eye orb functions like the Darkmoon's blue eye orb only it will get you to invade Lautrec. Anything happen to cause this?
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

back to the PC for the past 2 days(helping mate) and noticed the online was flaky as in the fog gates would go up but no invasion, would an invasion stop you from using the black eye?
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:23 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:what level are you, might be able to give a hand, although not with lautrec.

When you get to the main hall, you'll get a buzzing and message to about the blackeye orb. Use it then and wait, for a beginner it's a tough bloody fight.

Spoiler tactics
    Spoiler:
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:26 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:back to the PC for the past 2 days(helping mate) and noticed the online was flaky as in the fog gates would go up but no invasion, would an invasion stop you from using the black eye?
    That has happened to me sometimes on the xbox but I think it would stop the player from invading and being summoned.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:28 pm

This may be dumb but has the message "You feel the Black Orb quivering" ever appeared for you? It may sound obvious but you cannot execute your invasion without having that prompt appear.
    ClouDen

Post by ClouDen Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Okay, so after many more attempts over a couple hours, I finally did it. I invaded him, but in human form. Invading in hollow still wasn't working. Thank goodness no one ganked me for once... haha.

I also killed the Dragonslayer and Executioner afterwards on my 2nd try.. wasnt't expecting them to go Potara Fusion on my *** after I killed one of them.

Anyway silly thanks for all your answers!

Btw.. Does the majority of players gank newbies like that? I have a hard time understanding what satisfaction or in game reward one could get from killing someone way underleveled. But otherwise, great game! Coming from a community of trolls, this one is much better haha.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Ganking is pretty common in certain areas, the most common place is Dark Root Garden. There are various reasons they do it, typically if you want duels you can go for the Burg, Kiln, or Township. Sometimes the Depths and Centipede Demon Door also have duels going on.

Joining an FC usually will let you set up duels easier.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 pm

ClouDen wrote:Okay, so after many more attempts over a couple hours, I finally did it. I invaded him, but in human form. Invading in hollow still wasn't working. Thank goodness no one ganked me for once... haha.

I also killed the Dragonslayer and Executioner afterwards on my 2nd try.. wasnt't expecting them to go Potara Fusion on my *** after I killed one of them.

Btw.. Does the majority of players gank newbies like that? I have a hard time understanding what satisfaction or in game reward one could get from killing someone way underleveled. But otherwise, great game! Coming from a community of trolls, this one is much better haha.

Isn't ganking. 2 or 3 v1.? You were just being invaded and if you are going to play while human, you must learn to fight back. Otherwise, you should play hollow.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 pm

If you are being invaded, you cannot use the Black Eye Orb to invade Lautrec.

Annoying, but if you see this happening (if there's a giant X over "Use Item" or if the Orb is greyed out if you have it equipped), immediately log out and log back in.

If you see fog over doorways you've been through before, it means someone is preparing to invade you (they're downloading your world data, etc).

You can hurry up and log out, but if you wait until it says you are being invaded and you hear the summon sound, the game will not allow you to log out (Quit Game will be greyed out).

Anyways, just go the Cathedral as a Hollow (so you can't get invaded). Stand anywhere in that main room and use the Black Eye Orb (you have to wait 30 seconds or so). A banner should flash saying "Searching for the world of the guilty..." or something like that and then a few seconds after that you should get the loading screen.

Then you can go back to the bonfire after you kill Lautrec, turn yourself human, and go towards O&S. If you get invaded, deal with the invader (or die trying). Once you do this, you have 15min or so protection from being invaded again. Make the most of your time.

EDIT: Also, try joining the Way of the White covenant if you're not in a covenant. Do this by going to Firelink Shrine and talking to Thorolund (the armored cleric with the morning star) a few times until he gives you the option. Joining Way of the White is believed to put you last on the list of potential invadees, though I've never read any proof that says whether or not this is actually true. It should surely do SOMETHING as you get no other rewards from being in that covenant.

To get back to Firelink, go back to the very first area of Anor Londo and you should see a "Talk" prompt. Do that, and the demons will take you back to Sen's Fortress and you can make your way back (warning: Watch out for the snakes if you use the cage shortcut) to Firelink Shrine.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Isn't ganking. 2 or 3 v1.? You were just being invaded and if you are
    going to play while human, you must learn to fight back. Otherwise, you
    should play hollow.

The term "Ganking" in most online games that feature PvP refers to a player who has much superior equipment or levels (usually both) killing a player with muchly inferior equipment or levels. Usually, Ganking provides very little (or none at all) in-game reward and people only do it for griefing reasons.

Now, granted, in DkS, it means something different, but most gamers assume it means the same thing until they learn otherwise.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:28 am

ClouDen wrote:Okay, so after many more attempts over a couple hours, I finally did it. I invaded him, but in human form. Invading in hollow still wasn't working. Thank goodness no one ganked me for once... haha.

Actually, those invaders are most likely a lower SL than you. Darkwraiths (red phantoms) can only invade 10% down and infinitely up. And by the time you're in Anor Londo you can already upgrade all your gear to the maximum, so that's no excuse either. Also, they can not choose who they invade, it's random. So they're not actually 'ganking' (that term means something different here) newbies, they're just invading random people. When I was invading in Anor Londo with my SL55 most targets were actually a much higher SL or they outnumbered me 3vs1. Very rarely did I encounter lone same-SL targets.

If you want to see the real griefers, go human in undead burg or undead parish at an SL below 20 (before killing the boss). Tons of invaders there with equipment that you cannot possibly get at that point.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 am

Elifia... You can get a +5 Chaos weapon before killing Taurus. Heck you don't even need to ring both bells.

Just sayin!
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:37 am

Jansports wrote:Elifia... You can get a +5 Chaos weapon before killing Taurus. Heck you don't even need to ring both bells.

Just sayin!

Technically you can complete the whole game without killing Taurus, but that's not the point. For the average person, Taurus will be the first boss they kill after leaving the Asylum.

And yes, you can get Chaos+5 (or Fire+10) before even ringing both bells, but that'd mean giving up an ascended Pyro Flame because you can't get to Lost Izalith for the slab. Or you must count having someone else give it to you, but that's cheating imo.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:31 am

I'm suprised no one has brought up the idea of killing O&S first, then invade Laurtec's world.

Personally, when I solo the level, I kill everything before the fog gate and then I invade Laurtec. When I'm successful, I end up back before the fog gate with full health, flasks, magic, etc.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 am

Sure it is POSSIBLE to get Chaos+5, and all of this other junk before killing Taurus Demon, or ringing the bells, but yet....

The griefers know that MANY players aren't going to do it. For every 1 SL1 crazy out there, there are probably 100+ normal players who progress through the game normally.

Also "You can upgrade your weapons in AL so there's no excuse".... eh.

You see people in AL with DLC magic (something that's intended to be done far after AL normally, though it can be done earlier, your average player probably isn't going to do that), you see them with weapons and items you get in, say, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, the Painting, Duke's, etc.

Your average player who is trying to do a normal progression of the game probably is not going to have, for example, Chaos +5 (which requires you to, IIRC, go to the Ruins to get an Ember then go to the Catacombs blacksmith, not to mention the titanite needed to make that). How many players normally progressing through the game are going to do Catacombs before AL? You have no real reason to go down there other than Kindling, which you can easily do AL without. Not to mention, Chaos+5 doesn't really help you much unless you routinely carry 10+ Humanity on you, something most newer players aren't doing because of how frequently they die. Otherwise, Chaos+5 is a glorified Fire weapon for anybody who is routinely running around at 00.

It is true that in AL you have _more_ tools to fight invaders than you do in Parish or Burg, but I'm still of a mindset that all invaders Pre-O&S are looking for griefing. If they wanted a fair fight, they'd be doing SL120 at one of the many places this is commonly done. But they aren't doing SL120. Why? Because they want to kill players progressing through the game who are, more often than not, poorly geared thus easy to kill.

An Argument might be made that they are looking for 3v1 or such, but you can easily get that in the Forest at 120 if you really wanted that.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:35 am

Xaelai wrote:Sure it is POSSIBLE to get Chaos+5, and all of this other junk before killing Taurus Demon, or ringing the bells, but yet....

The griefers know that MANY players aren't going to do it. For every 1 SL1 crazy out there, there are probably 100+ normal players who progress through the game normally.

Also "You can upgrade your weapons in AL so there's no excuse".... eh.

You see people in AL with DLC magic (something that's intended to be done far after AL normally, though it can be done earlier, your average player probably isn't going to do that), you see them with weapons and items you get in, say, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, the Painting, Duke's, etc.

Your average player who is trying to do a normal progression of the game probably is not going to have, for example, Chaos +5 (which requires you to, IIRC, go to the Ruins to get an Ember then go to the Catacombs blacksmith, not to mention the titanite needed to make that). How many players normally progressing through the game are going to do Catacombs before AL? You have no real reason to go down there other than Kindling, which you can easily do AL without. Not to mention, Chaos+5 doesn't really help you much unless you routinely carry 10+ Humanity on you, something most newer players aren't doing because of how frequently they die. Otherwise, Chaos+5 is a glorified Fire weapon for anybody who is routinely running around at 00.

It is true that in AL you have _more_ tools to fight invaders than you do in Parish or Burg, but I'm still of a mindset that all invaders Pre-O&S are looking for griefing. If they wanted a fair fight, they'd be doing SL120 at one of the many places this is commonly done. But they aren't doing SL120. Why? Because they want to kill players progressing through the game who are, more often than not, poorly geared thus easy to kill.

An Argument might be made that they are looking for 3v1 or such, but you can easily get that in the Forest at 120 if you really wanted that.

The problem with SL120 is that it turns everyone into full-Giants dark magic/WotG spammers with 2k hp, as far as random invasions are concerned. There's no fun in that. If you wear gear that is easily obtainable by people in the area and SL range that you're invading in, then it's not griefing. In Anor Londo there's the giant blacksmith who will upgrade your weapons to lightning, so invaders should be allowed to use lightning weapons. When invading in undead burg/parish it still wouldn't be griefing if you used unupgraded stuff.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    AnCapaillMor wrote:back to the PC for the past 2 days(helping mate) and noticed the online was flaky as in the fog gates would go up but no invasion, would an invasion stop you from using the black eye?
    That has happened to me sometimes on the xbox but I think it would stop the player from invading and being summoned.
    I think it would depend on who accessed the server first. I've tried to summon a white and got invaded instead because for some reason invaders get priority.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 pm