Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Odinbear
6 posters

Parry riposte misses

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Parry riposte misses Empty Parry riposte misses

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 am

Just started using and getting better at Parrying in PVP, but last 2 times, I parry but move to side of enemy and miss the Riposte timeframe window. Both times, I should have won the duel, but ended up losing both duels.
    I know there's no real help for this, but practice.
    Anybody else have this problem?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Parry riposte misses Empty Re: Parry riposte misses

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 am

I used to have it, best thing to do is not jump the gun or roll/run away. You come to find that the riposte window that you're afforded is actually quite large. If you attack too quickly sometimes you only end up doing a regular attack, what got me out of it was whenever I noticed I parried someone I would step into to them a little then attack, that always lands a parry in my experience.

Every now and again the roll away still gets me which is annoying but at least then I can easily get a BS which sucks but is still fair enough. lol!
    mikeiothegreat

Post by mikeiothegreat Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 am

I've never successfully parried, even single player. I press LT just as the AI opponent starts the attack and what always happens is my shield blocks and I become staggered. The stagger takes ages to recover by which time the enemy hits me again. Clearly doing something wrong but it makes me always use block and R1 to attack instead.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Yea, it's hard. I learned to parry the Oocalile Township creatures and. The AL Silver Knights about the same time with 2 different characters. Since then, I've parried all the early things you meet, and at sl40+ you can take quite a few hits while you learn the timing.
    Have never parryed a spear, a halberd and the fast weapons. Parried a host with smough's hammer the other day. I think he was surprised, but I find I get parryed more with weapons that TELEGrAPH their swing. I'd like to practice parrying the long weapons but all practice so far leads to death.
    It's a difficult skill, no doubt.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Why does no one complain about Parry Fishers?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Because that requires more skill than backstab fishers.

Plus, at least it isn't completely spammable, you have to be right in the enemies face, and stamina could run out fairly easily.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I get really irritated with myself when I roll out of a parry. :evil:
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Parry fishing relies upon your opponent actually spamming attacks, meaning they are setting themselves up for it with no reason to complain. Don't want to get parried easily... don't spam R1 or attack predictably.

If you want to learn more about parrying then I'd suggest this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hrh94Dc-h0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 am