Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
HereticForLife
RevolverSnake
jimmyc0341
badandboy
TehInfamousAmos
Glaesel
Shakie666
fujiphoenix
Sentiel
JohnnyHarpoon
Quarik
Slarg232
Carphil
steveswede
Halicarnassis
Infighter
Serious_Much
Avenger649
Saturday-Saint
RANT
aceluby
BeeSeaEss
twigsterxd
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
raecor14
Hatsune Miku
Zeta Prime
32 posters

Game of Thrones

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Game of Thrones - Page 8 Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:44 am

The big foreshadow was when the Hound was talking to Arya before they got there. She kept looking at the castle and the Hound's like "they're still there. You keep looking like you're afraid they'll be gone before you get there."

I'm liking the Hound more every episode. He's done some crappy things, but he's also a pretty tragic character, and I feel like the good things he's doing are starting to justify the bad ones. He's been bullied his entire life, and I think that's made him the gruff and brutal man he is, but I feel like he's seeing himself in Arya now, and was in Sansa when she was being bullied by Geoffry. He always helps them when they need it most. Always says it's for bad reasons, but I don't think it really is. I'm starting to think he's helping Arya for more altruistic reasons than he's letting on. He didn't have to go grab her and pull her away from the slaughter when he did. It's not like he's going to get money for her from anyone else now. Don't tell me if you know what happens between them though please.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 am

I haven't read the books, so I'm in dark. I just expect Hound to die and Arias has a dark shadow looming over her fate as well. Ned's death kida made the viewer question the survivability of all characters, so you can never be certain who survives the next episode.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 am

I think Arya is going to live to the end. I really do. I see her and Jaqen H'ghar meeting again, or at the very least that she'll meet with his people. I see them becoming a large part of her story the older she gets.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I think Arya is going to live to the end. I really do. I see her and Jaqen H'ghar meeting again, or at the very least that she'll meet with his people. I see them becoming a large part of her story the older she gets.

I hope so, those are two of my favorite characters.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah me too.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah me too.

Seems to be the consensus actually... which for Martin could easily mean a setup to an untimely death, a la Ned and Robb.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Man I still can't believe they did that.
    Spoiler:
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm really biting my nails to stop myself from revealing spoilers, you really need to read the books if you want to find out what happens later.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:44 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Man I still can't believe they did that.
    Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure in the last episode that Walder Frey said they couldn't find Blackfish, but it didn't matter because his brother was in the dungeon.  Jon was also at Castle Black at the end of that episode as well, rejoining his black brothers.  From the very first episode in season 1 you are told that you are never 'free' of your sworn oath to the Night's Watch.  Desertion, even when fleeing from the likes of the white walkers, is death.

In the books (and the show to some degree) Jon and Arya do have a very special relationship.  Arya and him are the only ones that look like Starks, all of the other children have Tully looks to them, and Arya never thinks of him as a 'bastard'.  IMO there is a reason why Martin keeps reiterating their closeness, but I don't think it's to have a reuinion later.  I think he's subtly hinting at a big reveal later in the series (which hasn't happened yet, just a theory).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 pm

steveswede wrote:I'm really biting my nails to stop myself from revealing spoilers, you really need to read the books if you want to find out what happens later.

I'm working on it. Really I'm feeling pretty torn about it. I read the first book a few months ago and I'm trying to decide whether I want to read the books first, because obviously they're more detailed and thorough, and a great read, or continue watching the show because I started with that and really enjoy all the cliff hangers and waiting for it every week/year. Just can't decide if I want to ruin the surprise of the show for myself by reading the book. They're both great experiences. I'm definitely going to do both. Just not sure what I want to do first.

^ Yeah I seriously doubt he's written them into such a close knit relationship for no reason.

I was really unhappy to see Rob's direwolf go too. I've got a feeling one of the missing ones is going to resurface. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ghost found John again, but I've got a feeling Arya's going to find Nymeria again. I've just got a feeling one of the Starks that's out in the wilds is going to reunite with their wolf. I feel like I remember something even being said in the book about Arya hearing that a large female direwolf leading a pack out in the wilds near where they lost each other.

Oh and please spoiler if you're going to say anything about the finale. I haven't watched it yet. Stopped reading your post because it sounded like that was what you were talking about.

I just watched the scene again. I stand by what I said. I really think the Hound was just saving her because he wanted to save her. Granted he knocks her out to do it, but I think that's just his gruffness, and that he knew she was going to freak out and not come. I think the Hound is going to become a more heroic character through his relationship with Arya. I really do. Wouldn't surprise me if he remained tragic and was killed for it anyway though.
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Yeah, similar thing with me, except that the reason I was delaying buying the books is because it seems to be a general concensus that the fourth and fifth books do not meet the quality of the first 3. As there are 2 more books to be released, some fans are apprehensive about their quality, and I was afraid to invest time on this series and ending up becoming dissapointed with the newer publications. But as i am not reading (or doing) anything else for the time, I decided I'll buy the set with all 5 books, and plan on finishing them before next season.

And about predictions about characters and their motivations, well I suck at them, so I generally don't even try to guess what will happen. But I think Arya will become a profissional assassin. She has already killed two people (you could say for legitimate reasons), seemed attracted to the faceless men and Melissandre's omen that she will shut many eyes forever support that.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 pm

The forth and fifth book have a severe case of too much filler (Brienne POV the biggest offender). It also doesn't help that those two are actually the same book which really breaks the flow reading the books in order. I'm actually reading them side by side to keep the story more linear with 400 pages read in AFFC and 300 pages in ADWD. Together it's nearly a 2000 page monster which doesn't help the fact that they are a hard read to begin with.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:51 pm

I've heard there's some concern about George Martin's health too. He doesn't seem like the picture of good health anyway, but who knows if that's just the paranoia of extreme fans or not. I remember when Harry Potter fans were waiting for the last book to come out and a lot of fans were worrying that something was going to happen to her before it was finished and the story would never be resolved because it took something like a year longer for it to happen than the others. Clearly that was just silliness though.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 pm

I don't think George rr martin can die... he's killed to many to die in such a simple manner. or maybe as his last troll attempt he will die before he finishes writing the climax too the last book... can you imagine the horror?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:01 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    steveswede wrote:I'm really biting my nails to stop myself from revealing spoilers, you really need to read the books if you want to find out what happens later.

I'm working on it. Really I'm feeling pretty torn about it. I read the first book a few months ago and I'm trying to decide whether I want to read the books first, because obviously they're more detailed and thorough, and a great read, or continue watching the show because I started with that and really enjoy all the cliff hangers and waiting for it every week/year. Just can't decide if I want to ruin the surprise of the show for myself by reading the book. They're both great experiences. I'm definitely going to do both. Just not sure what I want to do first.

^ Yeah I seriously doubt he's written them into such a close knit relationship for no reason.

I was really unhappy to see Rob's direwolf go too. I've got a feeling one of the missing ones is going to resurface. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ghost found John again, but I've got a feeling Arya's going to find Nymeria again. I've just got a feeling one of the Starks that's out in the wilds is going to reunite with their wolf. I feel like I remember something even being said in the book about Arya hearing that a large female direwolf leading a pack out in the wilds near where they lost each other.

Oh and please spoiler if you're going to say anything about the finale. I haven't watched it yet. Stopped reading your post because it sounded like that was what you were talking about.

I just watched the scene again. I stand by what I said. I really think the Hound was just saving her because he wanted to save her. Granted he knocks her out to do it, but I think that's just his gruffness, and that he knew she was going to freak out and not come. I think the Hound is going to become a more heroic character through his relationship with Arya. I really do. Wouldn't surprise me if he remained tragic and was killed for it anyway though.

Sorry about that.  I'd had assumed that everyone had watched the finale at this point and talking about it was cool since this thread was being used to talk about the most recent show.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:07 pm

A Fierce Plankton wrote:Yeah, similar thing with me, except that the reason I was delaying buying the books is because it seems to be a general concensus that the fourth and fifth books do not meet the quality of the first 3. As there are 2 more books to be released, some fans are apprehensive about their quality, and I was afraid to invest time on this series and ending up becoming dissapointed with the newer publications. But as i am not reading (or doing) anything else for the time, I decided I'll buy the set with all 5 books, and plan on finishing them before next season.

And about predictions about characters and their motivations, well I suck at them, so I generally don't even try to guess what will happen. But I think Arya will become a profissional assassin. She has already killed two people (you could say for legitimate reasons), seemed attracted to the faceless men and Melissandre's omen that she will shut many eyes forever support that.

I'm one of those people that COMPLETELY disagrees w/ the assessment of books 4 and 5.  I thought they were great and give a TON of backstory and character development that ties back to the other books.  IMO, those who didn't like books 4 and 5 didn't like them because they weren't as filled w/ action as books 1-3, which is fine, that's their opinion.  Once you lose the "what's gonna happen next" attitude and approach it to "how did this all start in the first place" books 4 and 5 are two of the best in the series IMO.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 pm

It's cool. I didn't read anything that I shouldn't have.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 am

Pedro Pascal has been cast as Oberyn Martell.

Game of Thrones - Page 8 Pedro%2BPascal%2Bphotos%2Band%2Bimages

My opinion.

He doesn't fit my vision of him in the books.  Too white (though they could tan him up a bit) and just by looking at his pictures, looks more of a brute than someone who's quick and cunning (he looks charming though).  Hopefully I'm wrong and Oberyn's part in the series is played out brilliantly.
    Gollumseverywhere
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gollumseverywhere Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm

The books are amazing^_^ havnt been able to watch the series much on account of younger siblings(i dont think i need to explain why)
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:23 pm

He'll play oberyn fine. some makeup a wig and we wont even be looking at the same guy.. imo they  have cast all the characters great so far.. I trust them
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm watching the finale, about 20 minutes in, and something great just occurred to me. Little Finger is about to gain an army and some very dangerous lands and also is about to get some news that he's not going to like. Don't tell me if it happens in this episode and I'm just not there yet. I bet that's going to be a game changer though.

After watching that episode I really think I'm right about the Hound. More than before. I think he's going to end up becoming Arya's protector.

No more until next spring. Always sad to say.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:26 am

Just saw this randomly on the internet:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/game-of-thrones-sophie-turner-adopted-sansa-starks-direwolf-lady

I think that's kinda cool lol
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am

That's cool. Season 2 starts Aug. 30 here. Bout dam time lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 am