Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Nccbd
Hugh_G_Johnson
WaffleGuy
Latitoast
Animaaal
Maneater_Mildred
DigitaLinsanitY
Zeta Prime
Soris Ice Goldwing
ResIsBestStat
LunarFog
pokle312
16 posters

Such a shame....for such a good game.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Such a shame....for such a good game. - Page 2 Empty Re: Such a shame....for such a good game.

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Yeah you are doing a lot, and dress like everything PvPers hate. I said it before and I'll say it again in the forest there are no rules. Also in that video you are ganking, something many invaders hate and won't stop to kill you.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Such a shame....for such a good game. - Page 2 Empty Re: Such a shame....for such a good game.

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm

How about you try low level PVP? I go from SL 11 up to almost 50. I'm telling you, it's a lot more fun seeing different build because their options are very limited. You won't see OP magic or miracles as they need a lot of stat investment. And if it happens (mainly above SL 40), they are glass cannons. Two or three strikes and they're out.
    Not to mention I almost see no one with such cheap tactics.
    Low level invasions with slightly upgraded equipment (against groups of people) is so much fun. A lot of players don't have a clue what's going on and these situations call for skills. Next thing you know, you're helping those people along their storyline. It just keeps you occupied silly
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Latitoast wrote:Shields aren't that useful in PvP in the first place.

It's always better to roll instead of block.
    Not always true.... Setup parry? Block 1st attack, parry the second. (I know he cant parry with havels)
    Or turtle counter poking, block and attack with spear/rapier.

But for most of the time, yes dodge is better than block.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Okay, not always, but it's a known fact Greatshields aren't worth using.

The stability trade isn't worth the inability to parry.

If you truly need a shield, the Black Knight Shield is good.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Didn't read the other comments at first. You shouldn't be surprised however with what you're wearing and how you're acting in PVP. You're already a higher level and ganking is even a worse disadvantage to the phantoms. Ofcourse they resort to any means necessary to win. Some may keep some kind of honor however.
    Also, you shouldn't bow to another person if you don't plan on dueling? That's just low in my opinion. :|
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Latitoast wrote:Okay, not always, but it's a known fact Greatshields aren't worth using.

The stability trade isn't worth the inability to parry.

If you truly need a shield, the Black Knight Shield is good.

Shields are fine for pvp. Especially if you know how to hot swap the Grass, Crest, and Dragons.

Great Shields have their uses in pvp. Havel's is quite good actually, especially for low to no poise builds.

Also SMS can wreck people. Its only 15 int and a really low investment for all it does.

I'm just saying, you're stating an opinion as fact.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Good point.

In my opinion, shields aren't worth using in PvP.

Better?

If I ever used a shield it'd be a Grass Crest Shield or the Bloodshield.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Latitoast wrote:...Better?...

I suppose?

Those 2 shields are excellent choices for someone who mainly dodges as their primary defensive maneuver.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm

after watching a Strong magic shield video that was posted on the forums i will forever have fear and respect for its users xD. It really is very underatted.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

First of all, the story is not weak -- let me be the first to say that. I don't know how it got overlooked until now. Here's some links: archives from our forum, EpicNameBro's youtube and VaatiVidya's youtube.

For your pvp needs MaryrsBrigade99 has great pvp commentary, some instruction and he fights some high level competition with youtube channels and twitch streams (he always gives links).

...and strong magic shield is a total beast.^
    Nccbd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nccbd Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey Pokle312,
    I dont really care much u r a ganker, backstaber or wog user. But if u need help in PvP...i will training with u . Its just a game if u let anything bother u, u will feel this game being ruined . So en joy it and train harder. What is your gt on xbox and soul lvl, i will message u next time when im online. Later bro.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:09 am

PS3, PC, or XBox?

I completely disagree about PvP. Maybe it is a different mindset. Invading, duelling, and forest are very very separate. It is a mistake to expect the same experience as each other.

Invasions. If you make a build that is not designed for invading, being able to handle multiple phantoms, that is your fault. You are invading questers. They are not there to have a friendly game of PvP. You can't expect them to follow any rules. Their entire goal is to beat the level.

Duels. If you are trying to camp for some good duels and are getting ganked, then move to another location of join a FC.

If you are in the forest, well, it is not for everyone. They will do anything to kill you. That is expected. That is even desired by the gankees. You may lose more often, but there is nothing like obliterating a ganker. For example, I parried a phantom and killed him. The host tried to BS me as I was getting up from my parry. I unlocked, turned around and parried him (see, punish their predictable BS attempt), and killed him dead. I was smiling for hours.

Spamming BS? NP, learn to counter BS. Anyone spamming anything is predictable, and therefore punishable.

Spamming WoG? Roll BS them when you see them pull out a talisman. Even better if they try to dead angle you (facing away), their back is right there. Or, make a build with magic defense or GMB. Use a crest shield. etc. Turtling? Grab a shotel or Gold Tracer, or dead angle, or bait a poke and parry.

The point is to learn to fight those people, and the victories will be so much sweeter. "That's what you get for BS fishing, you jackwagon!!!!!" and so on.

My $0.02
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 am

If u be gettin backstabbed all the time, you too close. Learn to move opposite from where they are trying to go. Strafe.
    Now for WOTG. Yikes. Block and backup, IF POSSIBLE. BE WARY, afterwards.
    I find some pholks try the BS, know it ain't happening easily with me, so then they WOTG me to death. These players, just suck at real PVP and have no real way to win except to use those tactics.

I myself, have never used WOTG, but don't miss with that Dragon Tooth or Halberd or other Large Weapon or I will BS you.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    You are a white phantom in the forest wearing full giants and havels shield. Only a fool would take you on head on. Bs city is what you will get all day long.

i would go straight in with my havel/giant/MoC combo (midroll) and hit the sh1t out of him with my DKGA - two, or three dead angle and he ist done. I also learned, that full Smough (with his hammer) is a beast of a tank, that could kill those builds without BS....so i'm a fool and cheap for the armor i use :roll:

big and slow weapons screems for high poise and defence and needs stamina recovery boost (MoC) - u are a fool if u try to fight with these weapons without high poise/defence
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 am

Honestly, if you are 2vs1 ganking in the forest while wearing crown of dusk and giant's armor, while spamming MLGS R2s and Dark Magic, then you deserve nothing less than a TWoP + Dead-Angle WotG. On my morality/honor scale, gankers are way at the bottom, just a little bit above hackers.

And as has been said before, Forest is a lawless place. Anything short of hacking goes. If you are looking for an honorary duel, look elsewhere. Undead Burg is a popular place for honorary duels, however it seems to have been infested by more gankers lately. This won't be a problem if you're hosting though happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm