Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
skarekrow13
Shindori
6 posters

Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech.

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech. Empty Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech.

Post by Shindori Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:00 am

Not just for water effects but for blood, and even some magic attacks/effects like.. when a soul spear is traveling, it looks like a spear of water but only with magic-like coloring, and when it hits, it disperses in a splash-like animation. Every time you slash at someone or something, realistic blood and blood splatter all on the walls and floor. Imagine the backstabs! Or when a weapon is enchanted, imagine the magic or fire effect, like a wave of element coming from the blade. This right here is rather exciting!!

I think I should point out this was ran in real time with a GeForce 580 graphics card.. I'm not sure but I think a PS3 could run it, same for 360.

Last edited by Shindori on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech. Empty Re: Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech.

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:58 pm

I think my PS3 would burst into flames trying to handle the physics of that but I would LOVE to see it.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech. Empty Re: Imagine if Dark Souls 2 incorporated this liquid tech.

Post by Hue Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm

I'd like to see the minimum requirements to render Blighttown with those physics
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm

I would love to see this put in! big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Hachouma, all.....that......water.........

Self promotion aside, if a PS3 can't really handle this video, B. Town would be a little bigger framerate problem...

forgive me if you've seen it...:
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Hey guys... this was run in real time on a GeForce580. I'm sure a PS3 could handle it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Yeah independent of a game being played in it. The water as they show is thousands of little animations reacting to each other. In a game though, every time you step in the water it has to recalculate all of the little animations that interacted with the foot. It of course would ripple out. Now imagine the calculations of you constantly moving in it with the potential of multiple enemies all doing the same thing. A box of water with obstacles is a lot different than real time interactions with dynamic components
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Besides, this is approx (by the way the water moves) 2 meters across?
    How big is blighttown?
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Shindori wrote:Hey guys... this was run in real time on a GeForce580. I'm sure a PS3 could handle it.
    yeah If that was all it had to worry about, no enemies animations, or whatever silly
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Speaking of liquid in DKS, I always wondered why the water effect for the river in the Darkroot Basin - the section beneath the rickety bridge, just before the river ends in the waterfall - looked so terrible. There are other areas in the game featuring liquid effects that look much better, such as the shallow water in the Depths, which is also interactive and not just a purely graphical effect.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:35 pm

^Darkroot water is pretty *** up, everywhere, the waterfalls hurt the eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am