Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
kramage
Latitoast
Noob-of-Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
LunarFog
Wisp
Stonedtrooper
xenon_nobelium
lextune
IIdoneus
crazydogtfa
Maneater_Mildred
User1
Dutchy
18 posters

Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand?

Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand? Empty Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand?

Post by Dutchy Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 am

I've decided on the Black Knight Sword for my RH but I don't know what for me LH. I wanted another straight sword but I also want to parry. The best I decided on was Priscillas dagger. Ideas? P.S. I don't really like Katanas.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand? Empty Re: Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand?

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 am

SKSS.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand? Empty Re: Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand?

Post by Dutchy Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 am

Can it parry?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 am

Hmm, dunno.
    If you want parrying, try the Falchion, that can parry.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 am

Mmm, I thought so
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:15 am

Fury sword has a very fast L1, great for catching bs fishers or as a jab. The pary is kinda long and easy to bs punish.

Claws has a fast pary but low range for its L1 attack. They also get bonus points for the extra mean look.

Those are my 2 favorite off hand weapons when I want to be able to parry.

crazydogtfa
    crazydogtfa

Post by crazydogtfa Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:17 am

I would say get the parrying dagger up give it lightning or something thats what I am going to start doing.
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:22 am

Personally, I like a shotel or falchion in my offhand. I like the curved sword parry.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am

Put any weapon you like in the LH and leave its second slot empty, to parry with your bare fist.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 am

i'd say curved swords, so jagged ghost blade for str and painting guardian sword for dex teakes the spot imo. the L1 is just too good, makes you nigh unbackstabable with certain weapon combinations.
    Stonedtrooper
    Stonedtrooper

Post by Stonedtrooper Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm

If you weren't looking to parry, I would recommend Silver Knight Spear or Great Scythe.

If you're fighting someone who parries a lot, notched whip can be a good choice, especially if your right hand weapon also bleeds.
    Whip lets you parry your opponent and punish your opponent's parries with both stamina drain and bleed. I think whips are the only weapons with the same attack speed in both left and right hands. Usually you can get two light attacks on an opponent that you know is going to parry. Stamina drain and bleed really help to put some pressure on as well but don't ever use the whip for straight up damage. Whips are more of a parry/shield turtle deterrent rather than a weapon of mass destruction silly

Otherwise, any curved sword for its stylish parry - you gain 5 style points for every successful parry. Like other people mentioned, fast attack but I would recommend Quelaag's Furysword for its range.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Chaos blade?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm

spears have the length going for them.

whips have the unparriable properties and the ability to parry.

hand axe has a quick, wide window which makes it good against backstab fishers.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:58 pm

if you have the weight... a dragon bone fist, in the off hand its one of the fastest weapon in the game and it can parry, it also gives a passive fire defense boost.

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo's)
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:19 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:if you have the weight... a dragon bone fist, in the off hand its one of the fastest weapon in the game and it can parry, it also gives a passive fire defense boost.

This
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm

I'd go with a fist weapon.

Like a Dragon Bone Fist or a Cestus.

I'm comfortable parrying with that specific animation, I suck at doing it with anything else, even Parry Daggers and Bucklers.
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Id say parry dagger since the animation is very similar to buckler but any curved sword works well.

Also love your avatar gif noob-art. Mid rolling in real-life does have practical applications lmao
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 pm

indeed, dragon bone fist is really nice offhand! i used this loadout on my str build against greatshield users with hilarious results.
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 am

I faced a guy three times in a row in the township who had a zwei in his left and balder side in his right. All three times he caught me with a LB, RB, RT, RT combo that killed me.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:04 am

jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:12 am

Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand? Wpn_pr11+Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand? Mqdefa11=Good weapons for Dual wielding in Left hand? Sushi-12
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 am

Falchion, Furysword or Estoc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm