Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Four Kings range strategy

Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Four Kings range strategy Empty Four Kings range strategy

Post by Dutchy Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 am

Hey'all. I recently started a full ranged build, no melee at all, and I'm loving it. But the four kings always give me crap, and I've never seen anyone do a ranged approach, what do I have to remember. I have a composite bow, Dragonslayer Greatbow (Amazing) and a sniper crossbow. Best idea? Cheers
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Four Kings range strategy Empty Re: Four Kings range strategy

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 am

You still need to block and dodge when necessary, even at range. If you are already doing that, I don't really know.
    crazydogtfa
    crazydogtfa

Post by crazydogtfa Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 am

The only thing that I can think of is if you summon people to help you with them. apart from that I have no idea and good luck
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:Hey'all. I recently started a full ranged build, no melee at all, and I'm loving it. But the four kings always give me crap, and I've never seen anyone do a ranged approach, what do I have to remember. I have a composite bow, Dragonslayer Greatbow (Amazing) and a sniper crossbow. Best idea? Cheers

I picked this one because he/she didn't seemto have that much health or stamina.
    Also, you REALLY don't want to use the Sniper Crossbow. Ever. Not even on regular Hollows. I have a Chester build designed to use all the crossbows, but that thing it just not worth your time, let alone the stat investment.
    Go with the Composite bow, it shoots really fast. The Kings will probably dash at you, so range isn't a big deal.

If you want to keep it light, I used a Dark Hand to black the magic attacks on my SL 10 melee build, I didn't upgrade health or used FaP ring. It blocks magic pretty well. And if you're wondering if you should summon others: your best bet is not to. The health of the Four Kings increases when you summon someone (even Beatrice), and you probably need to heal players a lot. It's really hard to dodge everything and keep an eye to your phantoms as well.

Good luck, just stay calm. Perhaps turn the music off (helps for me, I get stressed out so much when it starts).
    You'll get it eventually if not the first time silly
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Also, don't use feather arrows like in the video. They'll be close to you during most of the fight. Go ahead and use regular/large ones silly
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I have not tried this... and you would have to be really good at roll dodgeing the king's attacks:
    It may be an option to just get right in on them and shoot them point blank with a fast reloading weapon.

The idea being how much more damage the kings attacks do at long range.
    I dont know how many times iv been 100%ed by getting clipped by the very end of the horizontal swings.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:I have not tried this... and you would have to be really good at roll dodgeing the king's attacks:
    It may be an option to just get right in on them and shoot them point blank with a fast reloading weapon.

The idea being how much more damage the kings attacks do at long range.
    I dont know how many times iv been 100%ed by getting clipped by the very end of the horizontal swings.

Bows give you the option tou stay OUT of their range though, not just at the tip of their sword winking
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 am

Hawk ring would help with the range factor too no?
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:Hawk ring would help with the range factor too no?

Yup, 50% more range. Don't worry about range at all. The firing speed makes up for it, even if they stay far away (which they won't) silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm