Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
alchemydesign
Werdax
Hue
Dibsville
Shkar
ADORNTHESPIDER
10 posters

Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape

ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape Empty Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 pm

The Kiln of the First Flame is quite a site to behold, but why is it burnt to a crisp? I figure that it's probably from the fire that encompasses the being that ignites the flame, but does it really explode like that? Any thoughts?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape Empty Re: Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:32 am

Aliens.

In all seriousness though, it's a kiln; the whole point of it is too contain heat, or in this case energy. While the word was likely picked because it sounded cool (even I am having trouble thinking of a reason to use that term), it is still named after an oven. Which likely burns whatever is inside.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape Empty Re: Kiln of The First Flame- Reasons for its ashen landscape

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 am

Yeah, but wouldn't Gwyn's body have been destroyed then? That's some serious energy to work.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 am

Well we know that once you link the fire you get burnt to a crisp.
    We can also speculate that with Gwyn being a god he was once huge.
    From what I can conclude, he broke off part of his soul and made the Gwyn we fight, then he sacrificed himself to the fire, thus burning him and turning him into ash that was spread over what we now call the Kiln.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:56 am

A valid theory, but he split his soul and gave it to the Four Kings. That's why their Lord Soul is called "Bequeathed Lord Soul" in your inventory. Could he have saved the rest to leave a "shell" of himself to guard the flame along with his Black Knights? It's possible that it could be another illusion.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:59 am

He only gave a partial bit, a minimal amount, to the Four Kings. It's easily possible that the another part of his soul went into his 'shell', while the rest went into kindling the fire.
    Such as:
    1/8 to the Four Kings.
    3/8 to the 'shell'
    1/2 to kindling the Flame
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:04 am

It would also explain why he goes down so easily, as someone who can take down an Everlasting Dragon should make mince meat of your player.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:14 am

He's mindless, running on instinct. Even if he was running low on power, you would think he would still use lightning.

Gwyn threw himself into the fire, and his greatsword flares with flame, even though his element was lightning; clearly, linking the flame had some strange effects on him. It's quite possible he's immune to it's energy now.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 am

Seath also drop a bequeathed lord soul shard

Do your math thing again Dibs, with 1/8 for seath
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 am

I believe the flame has been so powerful, it reached all of the kiln and not just inside of Gwyn's arena. This would explain why the Black knights are all burned up as well.
    How come he still be standing? Seeing how powerful he is, even at his breaking point, I think we can conclude that Gwyn's body was strong enough to withstand the fire (Unfortunately, his sanity or Soul, wasn't as lucky)
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 am

Werdax is right, I believe there is an item or piece of armor (BK gear i think) that states when Gwyn linked the flames it burnt so hot that it burnt up the surroundings as well as his knights. It's not that it's a kiln, or even that it's hot, but the catalyst of burning up his God energy caused an explosive flame to occur.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Okay, I just read the Knights were indeed burned in the flame, but I thought their armor was charred black from fighting the demons of chaos?

The whole Gwyn leaving part of his soul behind theory makes sense to me, but he's still pretty tough. If that's just a fraction of the power of a Lord Soul, then why isn't Nito ridiculously strong? He has a whole Lord Soul.

Last edited by ADORNTHESPIDER on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Hachouma wrote:Seath also drop a bequeathed lord soul shard

Do your math thing again Dibs, with 1/8 for seath
    How about 1/16 to Kings and 1/16 to Seath...
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm

I would imagine the souls powers are linked to the flame...as it dies, so too does the power...just a thought though.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 pm

alchemydesign wrote:I would imagine the souls powers are linked to the flame...as it dies, so too does the power...just a thought though.
    Kindling is the process of offering up one's power in order to keep the bonfire lit and full of power, the weaker Gwyn is, the weaker the flame would have to be.
    Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Gwyn turns around when you walk into the Fog Gate.
    Also, the fire is lit during the fight, but dies out when Gwyn does, so it may be true that they are linked. It may explain why it would take the entire life of an undead in order to rekindle it.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Could you imagine fighting Gwyn in his prime? THAT would be tough fight.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:28 pm

You wouldn't be able to physically kill him.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Before you said that, I would have sworn up and down that you can't see the flame while fighting him. I still deny it, but now I have to wonder. Damn it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:42 pm

I can clearly see the flame lighting the area as you fight... in my mind. I know it goes dark after you kill him.
    I haven't fought Gwyn in quite some time, I normally finish my builds on NG now because I skip optional bosses and most of the PvP areas are in optional boss areas.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm

How many builds do you have?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Currently, 9.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Wow. That's a lot of hours. I just fought Gwyn the other day, and I'm really sure that the fire is lit as you fight him.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:01 pm

I have 7000+ hours.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Do you mostly PvP?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:15 pm

I tend to PvE a lot, but yes, mostly PvP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm