Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Animaaal
Sweord
6 posters

Themed/PvP build for next playthrough

Sweord
    Sweord

Themed/PvP build for next playthrough Empty Themed/PvP build for next playthrough

Post by Sweord Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi there! So, I'm starting to plan what I'm going to do with the next character I make in DkS. This time around I want to have a riskier playstyle, in that I will not be using a shield (at least by the end, can't say for sure when I start out), and in fact will end up dual wielding my weapons. Anyways, here's the build: http://mmdks.com/20vq

Now, while I am aiming for a Darkmoon theme, I do want this to be a very viable PvP build (providing I have the skill to pull it off), and as such any and all criticism/suggestions would be much appreciated. So please, take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Prostration
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Themed/PvP build for next playthrough Empty Re: Themed/PvP build for next playthrough

Post by Animaaal Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Looks good. I'd consider 30 faith and +3 covenant. You could use SLB or increase HP a little.

I like how it looks too.

I'd prolly roll it like this: Solairemoon Blade

-Wearing his chest is ironically fun I think.

-A lot better defenses

-Poise for Black Flame or 2 katana hits

-WotG or SLB

Just my preferences though.

***edit***
    You'd also have to start as a bandit.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Themed/PvP build for next playthrough Empty Re: Themed/PvP build for next playthrough

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 am

http://mmdks.com/20yk

Maxed out damage for dark moon blade.

Cast it. Cast twop. Let the shotel destroy the other guy through his shield. Tank out a couple hits. He's dead.

If that doesn't work, you also have an insanely strong bow.

Don't forget to menu swap Wolf ring for fog ring and try and get a backstab.
    Sweord
    Sweord

Post by Sweord Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Initially I sat and thought to myself about which build I would go with, and to be honest (based on what I have read and heard on DkS forums and Youtube), I felt that perhaps your suggestions might be considered to be 'cheap', LunarFog. That, and the fact that you deviated from what I was aiming for with this next character, made me feel less inclined to go with that build. After a bit of thinking, however, I realized that I could use both builds, but on two different characters.

I decided to dismiss any thoughts on what people might consider 'cheap', and go with what looked interesting. And I have to say that your build is completely different to what I have been playing, which is good. Seeing as I mostly do random invasions anyways, I can use that build to test out some new weapons and spells, and hopefully improve my PvP overall with practice in different fighting styles. So, thank you for your input.
    Bow
    I also really like the look of what you made, Animaaal. The armour looks different to what I normally see, and you kept in dual-wielding. I've decided that I'm probably going to make that character a Sunbro to get Sunlight Spear, and kill Gwyndolin for Sunlight Blade. Maybe help out a bit with co-op and host Invasions to be able to use the Sunlight Spear (really wish I could use it outside of the Covenant). If I get bored of that I can always join the Darkwraiths and swap Sunlight Spear for WotG. Thank you for your suggestions, as well.
    Bow
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 am

The Queen of Grief's Priorities:

1.) Effectiveness
    2.) Theme
    3.) Fun

Not on the list at all.) Fairness
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 am

LunarFog wrote:http://mmdks.com/20yk

Cast it. Cast twop. Let the shotel destroy the other guy through his shield. Tank out a couple hits. He's dead.

Wrong. Maxed damage would be at 99 faith.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 am

Myztyrio wrote:

Wrong. Maxed damage would be at 99 faith.
    True, but there is nominal difference for the extra 49 points.
    tristan7
    tristan7

Themed/PvP build for next playthrough Empty suks

Post by tristan7 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 am

easily parried. pyromancy would win too. bows are easily blocked and dodged. char is weak
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 am

tristan7 wrote:

easily parried. pyromancy would win too. bows are easily blocked and dodged. char is weak

LOL.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 am

tristan7 wrote:

...Lol. How cute. Some dog is trying to act like he knows something. I'd explain to you why all 4 of your statements are wrong, but I have a feeling you're just being a troll. There's no way someone could ACTUALLY be dumb enough to actually think that.

Nice try though. Almost had me
    tristan7
    tristan7

Themed/PvP build for next playthrough Empty my name is "the wizard"

Post by tristan7 Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 am

just pointing out weaknesses.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 am

Ha. You got "pointing out weaknesses" confused with "listing off random asinine faults that have zero basis" But really I can't expect any higher of you though so that's ok.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

Let's not let this get out of hand. Lunar's build is really powerful, with numerous strengths. But, like every build, it can have weaknesses. And, parrying a shotel can be tricky, as it requires a predictive blind parry. So, if you are smart, you won't rush in and do a R2 right away. As always, skill will determine the outsome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am