farming problem due to new patch

twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

farming problem due to new patch

Post by twigsterxd on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am

mainly for ps3 users since xbox had patch already.
    Anyone having farming problems since patch 1.8? Spent 3 hours in depths, 14 hum in circle, no serpent ring yet but this is odd. In 3 hours i got 1 green tite, 1 large and 2 humanity. That's not right. Any other times in 3 hours i would have at least 40 humanity or more. Also drops from mobs have stopped in other areas. Resetting game used to help but farming sucks and i need humanity and titanite before going further.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: farming problem due to new patch

Post by Animaaal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 pm

That does seem pretty low. However, the algorithm would allow for such returns. Hard to say if its the patch or not, but that sure seems low man. :suspect:
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Odd, I haven't had this problem myself. I've been told the drop rate has been changed a bit with the patch but not by much, so I wouldn't think this is because of the patch. The only thing I can recommend is getting the gold serpent ring and trying with that to see how much the drops change after.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I admire your patience. 3 hours in the depths is more than enough to make me go hollow.

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 pm

i've never had problems that bad with farming lol.
    GrinTwist, the only problem with getting the ring is my weapons are weak for me to do blight town solo. not too many tags in that area at sl 11 range. no one drops at start of area. I might wait for a buddy to log on and get his ring. he usually has spares lol. i just find it odd that the drop rate for this toon sucks. I mean before the patch i was doing well, not now sad

Visit http://fextralife.com

subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Was just in the depths today, humanity only farming and got 25+ in less than an hour. Wearing the gold cov ring and 99 soft humanities

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

gold cov ring? also u have 99 hum in circle, i don't have that much to even eat lol. I think i have 22 but don't really want to waste them. And, co op is slow this time of day. My buddy over in London should be on soon. I'll get him to co op blight town with me. Maybe mooch some stones too LOL

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:37 pm

sometimes farming is just like that, you won't get any drops at all one time and the next you'll have more than you know what to do with.

what i hate is that i always get the drops i'm looking for one of my characters…while i'm playing the character that doesn't need them!

Last edited by Nybbles on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:42 pm

As long as you have 10 you have 210 droprate which should be more than enough in the Depths, sometimes you'll just have bad luck though. I don't think the patch broke droprates.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

Mr_BrightSide

Post by Mr_BrightSide on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Drop rate caps at 210 with 10 humanity and the Gold Serpent Ring, I managed to get 35 in about an hour in the depths with that.
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Mr_BrightSide wrote:Drop rate caps at 210 with 10 humanity and the Gold Serpent Ring, I managed to get 35 in about an hour in the depths with that.
    210 is with 10 humanities only, you get 410 with the Serpent ring or the Mimic head.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 pm

I usually don't farm, but started at around 40 humanities today, using ring and sufficient soft humanity, in the depths, I filled my bottomless Box (99) and got (99) to carry. Even invaded quite a few times at sl70. Nuttin broke as far as I can tell.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm

I think my toon is just buggered lol. I made a new one until i get the help I requested on another thread

GreatLordNero

Post by GreatLordNero on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 pm

twigsterxd wrote:mainly for ps3 users since xbox had patch already.
    Anyone having farming problems since patch 1.8? Spent 3 hours in depths, 14 hum in circle, no serpent ring yet but this is odd. In 3 hours i got 1 green tite, 1 large and 2 humanity. That's not right. Any other times in 3 hours i would have at least 40 humanity or more. Also drops from mobs have stopped in other areas. Resetting game used to help but farming sucks and i need humanity and titanite before going further.

If you need large titanite get the gold serpent ring and rusted iron ring and in blighttown in the swamp theres tons of large leeches near the entrance to the great hollow they drop green tianite 5 at a time and large titanite
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 pm

I know about them. My toon not ready for that area yet. I wanna go there soon so I can open Sens. Once i get ring I can farm my arse off and be ready for AL black smith to get my lightning weapon.

AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:30 am

Have you got the master key? buy a boatload of boneward homes and basically run down to blighty from firelink via new londo, run past past everything, its quite easy, go down kill the slugs and boneward home back out when all done. rinse repeat.

PC:AnCapaillMor

XBOX: I'll give you 2 guesses
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 am

I know about the back way. Farming just got better, I need 2 or 3 greens to make divine club a +5. Have 51 hums now. Took about 6 game reloads to get better drops. Once I get the greens it's off to kill some skellies lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:03 pm