Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rynn
Green__Eagle
ResIsBestStat
7 posters

No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar)

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar) Empty No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar)

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 am

So, an idea had sparked in a few people's minds yesterday, that being, there should be some sort of "mod" for Dark Souls, where you (the player) either gets chosen to control the NPC's, or the Hero. Now, if I recall correctly, you start with +5 starting gear, and if what you start with levels with twinkling, +1 instead. It was also decided that such a sadistic mod would be a bit too evil in some cases, and as such, some select mobs will be left out of being able to do this, such as the Silver Knight with a Greatbow that you have to kill.

There was also the idea of letting players control bosses, but while this is a good idea, because it is a player, they can choose which attacks to use. It was thought that some players would, for example, spam Manus' Dark Bead. You would have to spam the Silver Pendant to get around this. So, this is a good idea, but it could have it's limits.

Since every NPC is controlled by a player, rather than having the NPC's just wait for you to come to them, they now have player intelligence, which will let them try to hunt you down, use traps against you, etc.

The idea of Fog Walls being removed is just plain evil. happy But, it does leave the newer player unsuspecting as to what lies on ahead, as there would be no indication of a boss.

Now, the people who originally thought of this idea, you know who you are, I only made a couple small additions, such as giving it the name Sadist Souls. winking All credit of this idea can go to Rynn, Latitoast, Hugh_G_Johnson, and a couple others who made a few additions. Right, I'm off now now, back in a bit. silly

Also, those who came up with ideas, please let me know if I missed something out. winking

Would anyone else like this?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar) Empty Re: No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar)

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

This sounds ***
    Actually it would be kinda cool if it worked like the Agent Hunt mode in Resident Evil 6, basically you could control a random enemy and try to kill the player.
    It could work.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar) Empty Re: No, From should do THIS! (Read on for moar)

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am

From Software did this in Demon's Souls when a human player could become the Old Monk boss.

It's a good idea for a boss or two, but not every boss.

How about a player-controlled boss who could summon players to assist the boss? Up to three human assistants would make it interesting. So you could have a four vs. three fight. If you want a marathon fight, both the boss and Host could continually summon a replacement player (if any are available) when a helper dies. This ability should be limited to a factor such as soft humanity. Maybe summon IOU's. For eveyr successful boss fight you live through, you get a summon IOU, much like a Sunlight Medal.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:01 am

Oh, we don't mean like the player replacing a capra demon, we mean like the player -becoming- a capra demon. as an interesting "The AI sucks? Well try this" kinda thing.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 am

I think it would only work for some fights, for others it would just be... stupidly cruel.

Like the Capra Demon. The only reason most people can do that fight easy is because the AI is a bit lame in that arena, give a player control... You *** son. You ***.

But fights like Manus, Artorias, Priscilla, Gaping... things that have a nice wide open area, where you can't just pin the player into a corner and spamspamspamspamspam.

There'd also be the fact that you'd have no idea what each button does, so the first time you control something it'll either be a) You learn fast and give them a good fight, they probably get a couple easy hits at the start. B) You notice an attack or two that works well and spam that, or C) You fumble and flail and get murdered.

Either way, I think the idea has a lot of merit but would need a lot of work. It's a similar idea to the "Old Monk" one, and I imagine they've a pretty good reason for not doing something similar in DkS.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 am

Do you mean just bosses/enemies or any NPCs? Because I don't see how it would work if one minute you're talking to Quelana in Blighttown and then all of a sudden a player takes control of her and decides to be hostile and starts firing off Fire Tempests.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 pm

How about I add moar to this? (Yeah, screw you people who had the idea! silly)

Of course, the fact that people could suddenly control NPC's that are friendly wouldn't work, but what about a filter, so when you are not in a "hostile" place (I use the term loosely) there is no possibility of controlling NPC's?

And some bosses would have to be excluded for the fact they could turn out to be goddamn impossible, but it's called Sadist Souls for a reason. happy And, I think Rynn gave a better definition on that, it wouldn't be better for a whole time thing, but it could add some interest to the average area.

True, this worked in Demon's for the Old Monk, but this is NPC's, not just a real person becoming a boss. I doubt there would be any great headpieces too, since this is Sadist Souls! silly

Whatevs, was just putting the thought out there, even if there may be flaws.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm

I would like to control Kalameet and fly around Lordran

Actually, nearly every mob would be really fun to control (excluding hollow and rats)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 am