DARK SOULS 2 SHIELD CONSTEST(NA, EU AND JP)

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

DARK SOULS 2 SHIELD CONSTEST(NA, EU AND JP)

Post by RANT on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:10 pm

damnit I gotta do it! i'm pretty sure not as much people visit that section so it might not be getting as much attention as it needs, I myself rarely go there but when I saw this I got really excited. please check out everyone's shields and vote for them, it would be so awesome to have someone from the wiki win the contest. remember you can vote for as many of them a you want!!!

here's the link!!! http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t20424-shield-design-contest

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Re: DARK SOULS 2 SHIELD CONSTEST(NA, EU AND JP)

Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Rant, great idea. Definitely at least give them all a look. Some great work. If you're not keen on digging through the whole thread some of us (like me) have designs in our sigs. But you should really look at everyone's. Awesome awesome stuff

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:57 am

In the interest of self promotion......

Some of us have really liked the idea of a forum member having a shield design in the next game. You know, like Rant's post says above mine.

So with that in mind, I will now bump this thread. I will also point out that if you take a look at my Vortex shield design you can not only vote for a forum member's shield to be in the next game, you can also vote for a forum member HIMSELF to be in the game. Yes, that creepy thing is a self portrait.

Do the right thing, elect a forum member (not necessarily me but I would be fine with that) into Dark Souls II!

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 am

I'm just voting for anyone who is taking the time to promote their shields on here. big grin

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Now if the rest of the 5000+ members did the same, I feel like we'd have a good shot at this thing big grin

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 pm

that's what I mean, we have thoussands of members here and if we all voted for the forum people then we should have a much bigger chance of beign picked since it's not about who has the most votes, one of the top thirty shields will get picked by the developers!

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Yeah. I was hoping for a surge from here actually. My Facebook presence has an astonishing number of people. Waaaaaay waaaaay up in the low forties of people.

So, naturally I'm getting crushed by others in the competition who have a bigger social media presence. Some of them I'll freely admit are great designs and possibly even more worthy of in game glory than mine. However, there's several on the first couple pages where I think the votes are coming for the wrong reasons. I'd like for one of us to have a chance. The developers rule the day but unless we crack the top thirty they're not even gonna get a peek

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:16 pm

yeah, on facebook I only have my family and closest friends which is about 90 people, I use it to keep in touch and make plans. I shared the shield asking them to please vote for it but apparently they don't care lol I think it's because you have to install the app which most people do not trust.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Same thing here. I shared and one of my sisters voted for one shield. I asked my best (non-wife) friend to share it which he did, and voted for the two shields I had at the time. None of his friends voted either.

Maybe we should change the thread title to...Vote for our Shields or this puppy gets it....

Then edit the first post to a menacing looking person holding a puppy.

Spoiler:
    That plan might backfire

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 pm

that's a pretty good idea. 'vote for my shields! I will donate a dollar for each vote to save the whales'

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Every vote for one of my shields is a win for democracy!

Every time you vote for me, a fairy gets its wings!

If one of my shield designs is in the top thirty I will hold a digital celebration party here on the forums with pictures of cakes and balloons for everyone to enjoy! I probably would dedicate a Gremlin Covenant event too.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm

One of our newest members, CaptainSunbro compiled a list of shield designs posted on the other thread. Should make for easy browsing....

Here ya go...

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am

Bump

I feel like I should issue this warning.....

My signature will only continue to increase in it's shield promotional obnoxiousness!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:50 am