Bum rushing: Is it wrong?

ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Bum rushing: Is it wrong?

Post by ResIsBestStat on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Ok so here's the story, I was pvping in the forest with my dex/crystal magic weapon/ power within build, then i decided to use this technique called "bum" rush where i would quick slash at the enemy several times before rolling back, i did this and was about to kill a dude with it, but he disconnected at last minute, i quickly berated him, but he started berating me for using great scythe + buffs and doing 4 slashes which he called r1 spam, i invaded him again and he wrecked me with lifehunt scyteh + dorkmoon blade
    soooo
    is bum rush a cheap pvp strategy?

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: Bum rushing: Is it wrong?

Post by User1 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I won't call it cheap. It's a tactic like any other. In real fights, there is no cheap and not cheap, only doing what you need to win.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:18 pm

No.

xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:24 pm

it's absolutely valid, the good people will parry you though. i still lose to R1 spam from time to time due to variable lag dependent parry windows and me being too stubborn to roll away. my "highest" score is 6 partial parries in a row vs a claymore -_______-

Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm not as afraid of scythes as I used to be.
    They're extremely easy to bait compared to other weapons, it's the people who hold back that you have to look out for. Nothing sucks more then to bait an attack, then parry, but they don't attack and instead wait a second and hit your side.

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Bum rushing isn't cheap at all. actually, since it's so basic and predictable, if you aren't garbage you can deal with it easy.

ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm

I agree that bum rushing is predictable, but nowadays i see guys always turtling, so i decided to use this strategy on anyone that isn't brave enough to attack.
    anyways the guy is in reality a good guy, he said that he had internet problems with a friend of his, i recommended him to use DSCfix and he said that it kinda worked, he also said that i shouldn't always spam r1 because some guys will find it predictable
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:00 pm

So "Bum rushing" is technically maintaining your distance while you recover stamina, then savagely attacking your opponent and escape using your full stamina bar, then repeat the process?

Seems like any other type of strategy like "Hit Trading", "Bait and Counter", "Setup Blind Parry", "E-Rank Turtling", all those techniques that you just employ.

TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:04 pm

The pope seems to be fine with bum rushing - his one condition is that you must wear a condom.

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Life hunt scythe can't be buffed. If he cheated in order to do it, than he has no right to complain about anything to you at all.

Also, your strategy is fine. Tons of people spam R1 followed by a backwards dodge and repeat.

I am guessing you were using lingering ring. If not, all he had to do was refuse to engage and he would have claimed an easy victory.

The Pantheon
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm

since when is the lifehunt scythe buffable... the fact that he had to glitch to beat you basically shouts that he isn't very good at pvp and couldn't counter your tactic, which is what pvp is all about, so go ahead stick to your tactic just be prepared if someone has a counter to it.

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 pm

You were in the forest? Nothing is cheap there. There are no "rules of engagement". That being said, R1 spam isn't cheap to begin with. It is asking to get parried.

tl;dr - no.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 am

I think your definition of bum rush and mine differ significantly. My definition of teh bum rush involves running up on people with a buff and not attacking until after they dodge. Then right after they dodge, unlock then attack. If they try to do a bs on your rush attack then do a kick stop and they cant bs you. Ive used this tactic alot and Have met with great success using it. Ive gotten well over 99 souvenirs of reprisal using this tactic in the kiln. Reim can verify this for any naysayers.

Personally I prefer my definition of bum rush but then again i am biased towards mine just as you are biased towards yours. I would however like feedback on my style of bum rush if anyone is interested in commenting, not to detract from your question res.

"Prepare to get Mike Tyson'd, Sinner"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:15 am