Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
DaemonNacht
xRamenatorx
User1
Ghadis_God
LunarFog
densetsushun
Paragon
11 posters

Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels

Poll

Which would you rather?

[ 5 ]
    Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 10
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Hair of the dog my friend
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Tearstone One-slash Samurai Duels

Post by DaemonNacht Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:02 pm

So, where would this be happening? I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned it. :p

Also, if anybody wants to do this now, message me. happy
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I am waiting in Royal woods, just outside Artorias fog gate. Lay your rss in the grass at the bottom of the steps
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Ah, The character I'm on hasn't entered the DLC yet. sad

I could pick up your rss just about anywhere though, As this char has just gone into ng+ recently.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Duh. And we should totally add power within. OooOo
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Ok moving this to the burg now. Lay rss by wooden shield
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:58 pm

I would totally do this on PSN, anyone else up for it?
    The_Red_Drifter
    The_Red_Drifter
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm actually working on making a magicless Quality build based on a samurai.
    I'll be up for it, but my build needs to be finished before I do anything.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I should mention that I have slabs of every color, and a stockpile of +10 Uchigatanas and washing poles I can dish out
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:47 pm

I love this idea! I just have to say something though. It seems you are trying to add as much realism as possible. So I recommend using only rotten pine resin because people in real life could not enchant their weapons with electricity, but they could line their blades in poison.

Another thing is that you could maybe expand it into 'region wars' in a way. As in you could make factions where different regions went against each other, yet abide to a certain criteria. Such as Samurai vs Ninja for example, I could list some things that ninjas could do. Such as use the DWGR. The downside for being one is virtually no poise, no shields, and because you need to use stealth to your advantage, you will only be able to use incredibly small weapons like daggers and a short bow, ninjas don't charge into battle wielding a giant Dragon's Tooth.

I was thinking for equipment for a ninja would be, (as stated before) daggers, short bows, rotten pine resin, and firebombs (limited amount).
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Satoshi wrote: I love this idea! I just have to say something though. It seems you are trying to add as much realism as possible. So I recommend using only rotten pine resin because people in real life could not enchant their weapons with electricity, but they could line their blades in poison.

Another thing is that you could maybe expand it into 'region wars' in a way. As in you could make factions where different regions went against each other, yet abide to a certain criteria. Such as Samurai vs Ninja for example, I could list some things that ninjas could do. Such as use the DWGR. The downside for being one is virtually no poise, no shields, and because you need to use stealth to your advantage, you will only be able to use incredibly small weapons like daggers and a short bow, ninjas don't charge into battle wielding a giant Dragon's Tooth.

I was thinking for equipment for a ninja would be, (as stated before) daggers, short bows, rotten pine resin, and firebombs (limited amount).

I like this, and there are people who don't want to take off dwgr. The whole ninjato weapon is basically made up isn't it?
    Ninja used claws, and throwing stars as well, so poison throwing knives. Unlimited firebombs. Must be dwgr and fog ring?
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Mods can we add this ^^ idea to the poll as a third option?

"Screw this, lets do Samurai vs Ninja FC!"
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:11 pm

bameegatrops wrote:I like this, and there are people who don't want to take off dwgr. The whole ninjato weapon is basically made up isn't it?
    Ninja used claws, and throwing stars as well, so poison throwing knives. Unlimited firebombs. Must be dwgr and fog ring?

Well, I love the ideas for the claws, it will be amazing seeing someone actually use them. I think that the ranged weapons like bows, throwing knives, and firebombs should be limited to a certain number, due to realistic storage space. The DWGR and Fog Ring sound like the best ones for a ninja. I don't see a ninja needing Havel's for weight because of how light their armor and weapons are.

I think the number limitations for ranged weapons should be the following:

Arrows: 20 because quivers can only hold so many before you will struggle getting arrows out without getting them lodged or make others get caught and fall out.

Knives: 5 because you won't have a place to put them except small slots on your belt.

Firebombs: 5 because you will only have a small pouch for them, not a hulking backpack that can hold 99 of them at once.

I also think that ninjas should not use greatbows due to their...great size. I also think that black firebombs should be used, but in a certain fashion. As in you can have either 5 firebombs, or 4 firebombs and 1 black firebomb due to the increased damage.

=========================================================

It's things like this that make me wish you could summon many people to have a full scale war. Prostration

=========================================================

I also wish there was a way to re-enact legends from their culture, such as Susano'o vs Yamato no Orochi
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 pm

There's just no way, I will always be packing over 900 of every arrow, I'm OCD with that. If I ever decide to fight for the ninja side, I think maybe Priscilla's dagger would be my w.o.c. For the move set and huge bleed, pretty ninja to me. Full shadow set. I want to do this
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I would like to suggest new regions in order to expand this farther, but the problem is that it might just turn out to be a normal fight club.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm

The ninjato wasn't made up, it was essentially a shorter katana in the normal katana sheath in order to be drawn faster, used for quick strikes and the like. The closest thing to it would be the iaito.
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:01 pm

I forgot to mention this earlier. I know it is from a widely known cultural legend, but it still seems to fit.

The Chaos Blade seems to be like one of Muramasa Sengo's swords. The legend of Muramasa's weapons are that when unsheathed, they must taste blood before being able to sheath the weapon. If they cannot find anything, they will control their wielder and make them harm themselves with the blade to tantalize it's thirst for blood.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 pm

No historical evidence it ever existed according to Wikipedia, save for the media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjat%C5%8D
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Hmmm, interesting.
    Regardless, I'd say it makes enough sense to be warranted, I'd say the iaito fits.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Satoshi wrote: I forgot to mention this earlier. I know it is from a widely known cultural legend, but it still seems to fit.

The Chaos Blade seems to be like one of Muramasa Sengo's swords. The legend of Muramasa's weapons are that when unsheathed, they must taste blood before being able to sheath the weapon. If they cannot find anything, they will control their wielder and make them harm themselves with the blade to tantalize it's thirst for blood.
    Sweet!
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Who mods the PVP section, I'd like to send a pm about the poll

Also I will be on for the few hours if anyone wants a duel
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Just noticed this while playing with Ramenator, the chaos blade has a bat engraved on the blade!

Edit: my pic wasn't too great, but look for yourselves, it is nearer to the edge of the blade

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm

I am adding the use of the Partizan. This shall be our yari for its r2 slash ability both one handed and two handed. I felt bad leaving out the art of the spear . Plus, without shields I don't see the harm. I realize the Silver Knight Spear does this as well, but it would be too OP for its length and power combined with our no shield rule.

Also, I am adding the titanite Catch Pole to serve as our Sasumata. It is called, after all, "catch pole".

Edit: main page updated
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm

I have some weapons to add, I have checked on how these were used as well.

=====================================

Samurai:

Hand Axe - Ono

Ghost Blade - Tanto

War Pick - Kama

Ninja:

Mail Breaker - Sai

Both:

Whip - Kusarigama (Sort of...from the chain) (Not notched or tail)

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:31 pm

I will make the adds to for the samurai, not the whip though, it's not really used like a chain weapon. Also if we were to do the ninja thing, I would imagine all curved swords would be legit for ninja

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:06 am