Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ClouDen
6 posters

(Potential?) New Player

ClouDen

(Potential?) New Player Empty (Potential?) New Player

Post by ClouDen Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello,

Today is my birthday and I have been looking into Dark Souls for a little while. I watched some walkthroughs/let's plays, and quite frankly it looks like one of the best games I have ever seen. And so I was going to buy it on Steam and I read the following : Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.

Now, fearing pure disappointment I immediately googled the issue and was confronted with pages upon pages of how terrible the PC port is. Hopefully this forum isn't full of PC/console elitists, so please bare with me here. I used to be a FPS pro gamer and the mere thought anything outside a mouse and keyboard makes my skin crawl at the inevitable control schemes. I'm not a PC elitist myself; it's pretty much whatever floats your boat. However, what floats my boat (very well) is a good old microsoft intellimouse.

So, to get to the point: Is the PC port actually playable? Is it fixed? If so, thank you. If not, is there any way of making it playable?

I would really hate missing out on what looks like an amazing game.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

P.S. Hopefully the fact I'm currently plagued with allergies and my head is about to explode didn't make me seem like to much of a jerk. I'm sorry if that's the case!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

(Potential?) New Player Empty Re: (Potential?) New Player

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

I don't play on the PC but from what I've heard it seems to have improved from where it was when it it first came out. You'll have to wait for the PC guys to find your thread to really get a concrete answer, unfortunately.
    iiProdigyv
    iiProdigyv

Post by iiProdigyv Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:54 pm

There are many fixes for it, especially makes it mor accessible for a keyboard and mouse, I play on the PC with keyboard and mouse and it doesn't put you at a disadantage, basically just google DSFix and then google Dark souls mouse fix happy
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 pm

My friend Cali plays with M&KB and hes amazing at it. People who complain are just too whiny to learn the controls.
    ClouDen

Post by ClouDen Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Thank you for the initial feedback.

Yes, hopefully some PC players will find this :p
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 pm

I heard there was a mod that fixed the controls, but i don't know the details, since i play on PS3. Oh, and here, take this as a welcoming message to dark souls.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm

I know this is probably not the answer you're looking for, but I love the controller for this game. It's actually very well balance for the multiple action you can do at the time. But don't worry, I'm sure even keyboard and mouse can be apply to those that enjoy it.

Welcome to Lordan, Praise the sun!

(Potential?) New Player 639795459

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm