R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Share
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Shindori on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:25 am

    Exacuse my rudeness.. but how the *** do you spam r1 in a game where you have only two buttons to attack? dont be such a whiny kid and learn to counter those techniques which annoy you. R1 spamming piss you off? counter them. Spam back, do something! But don't ***** about a mechanic that is meant to be your primary means of offense and secondary of defense by driving people away.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 986
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-25
    Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Odinbear on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 am

    Shindori wrote:Exacuse my rudeness.. but how the *** do you spam r1 in a game where you have only two buttons to attack? dont be such a whiny kid and learn to counter those techniques which annoy you. R1 spamming piss you off? counter them. Spam back, do something! But don't ***** about a mechanic that is meant to be your primary means of offense and secondary of defense by driving people away.

    Nerf the whiners. Lol


    _________________
    Shrug What up homey? (then he Back Stabbed me) lol!

    In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Shindori on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 pm

    Odinbear wrote:
    Shindori wrote:Exacuse my rudeness.. but how the *** do you spam r1 in a game where you have only two buttons to attack? dont be such a whiny kid and learn to counter those techniques which annoy you. R1 spamming piss you off? counter them. Spam back, do something! But don't ***** about a mechanic that is meant to be your primary means of offense and secondary of defense by driving people away.

    Nerf the whiners. Lol
    I love you. best idea ever. +1


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 490
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-03-15
    Age : 25

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Elifia on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

    DemonOfFate wrote:Edit: Oh and on the topic of dead angles, i hope they are gone in dark souls 2. Nothings more annoying than someone who dead angles me with wrath of the gods (Now before anyone says ****, i know i can roll through it, but its still freaking annoying on narrow bridges). Plus i think it looks stupid when someone clearly hits my shield but i take damage, if anything just add in a grab attack to get counter turtles.

    If you remove dead-angles I think I might never be able to hit someone who is decent at parrying ever again when I'm using an UGS. An UGS is so slow you can parry it first hit based on reaction rather than prediction.


    _________________
    PSN: Elifia, Elifialt
    I'm back from being gone!
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by DemonOfFate on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm

    Elifia wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote:Edit: Oh and on the topic of dead angles, i hope they are gone in dark souls 2. Nothings more annoying than someone who dead angles me with wrath of the gods (Now before anyone says ****, i know i can roll through it, but its still freaking annoying on narrow bridges). Plus i think it looks stupid when someone clearly hits my shield but i take damage, if anything just add in a grab attack to get counter turtles.

    If you remove dead-angles I think I might never be able to hit someone who is decent at parrying ever again when I'm using an UGS. An UGS is so slow you can parry it first hit based on reaction rather than prediction.

    Have you seen the new moveset for the UGS in dark souls 2? The attacks come out faster but there is a longer recovery time, so i think it could work.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 252
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-07-13

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by DigitaLinsanitY on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

    So wait... the other day we had a thread complaining that "no one attacks anymore" in PvP and now we have one complaining about too much R1 spam.

    I'm confused.


    _________________
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by DemonOfFate on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

    ^^ lol, +1 for you my friend.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Dibsville on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 pm

    How about this:
    No one attacks, but the ones who do just spam R1.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1282
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2013-02-11
    Location : Shayol Ghul

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by AnCapaillMor on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm

    DigitaLinsanitY wrote:So wait... the other day we had a thread complaining that "no one attacks anymore" in PvP and now we have one complaining about too much R1 spam.

    I'm confused.

    Looking forward to the "everyone is varying attacking style" thread next.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Dibsville on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:48 pm

    AnCapaillMor wrote:
    DigitaLinsanitY wrote:So wait... the other day we had a thread complaining that "no one attacks anymore" in PvP and now we have one complaining about too much R1 spam.

    I'm confused.

    Looking forward to the "everyone is varying attacking style" thread next.
    Here's how it will go down:
    Thread title: Help with PvP
    "Every time I try to PvP I can't do it because everyone is varying their moves and it makes it impossible for me to hit them. What am I supposed to do?"

    And of course there will be some answers like it was something that's happened for years now.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by DemonOfFate on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm

    Indeed, that is how it will go down. Then i'm sure another wotg thread will come up, and perhaps a bonewheel shield thread.


    Last edited by DemonOfFate on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Djem on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Really? We're back to complaining about r1 spam? Really?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Dibsville on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 pm

    DemonOfFate wrote:Indeed, that is how it will go down. Then i'm sure another wotg thread will come up, and perhaps a bonewheel shield thread.
    People are going to be complaining about Chaos and Lightning needing nerf soon. Coffee!


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 110
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-02-09
    Age : 47
    Location : California

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by grossemesser on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm

    Ya ever been in a sword fight son? There's a hell of a lot of R1!
    avatar
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 243
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-12-11

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by MasterofShadows on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:50 pm

    Bottom line: if it's obvious that you don't know how to handle spam attacks, then it just means an easy kill for me. If it's obvious that you know how to deal with it, then I'll quickly modify my tactic on the fly. If you are one of those players that panic in the middle of combat, then prepare to get pummeled to death or diced into little manbites.

    That's the reality of combat.


    _________________
    "Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters."
    — Artemis Entreri (R.A. Salvatore)

    "P.S. MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE WOLF." -Durzo Blint-
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Rynn on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:54 pm

    Dibsville wrote:The way Dark Souls currently is, R2s almost always get you backstabbed.
    Lets take a look at some of the most used weapons to prove this:
    Uchigatana: The R2 is a thrusting attack with a slow charge up, all they would have to do is see it then side step and backstab you.
    Zweihander: The R2 is a slamming attack, if it misses, you're getting backstabbed. Period.
    Balder Side Sword: Although strong, all someone has to do is roll behind you for the backstab, assuming they aren't hit by lag/phantom damage.
    Claymore: Very easy to sidestep and punish.

    Then again, all these attacks can be extremely useful is you combo from R1s, but people are too lazy for that.
    You ever seen a Gold Tracer user who is actually using the Gold Tracer? Very rarely.

    Once people begin finding new overpowered weapons, R2s may come back.
    then use different weapons. I often hit people with my Black Knight R2's, as well as plenty of other weapons. I also recall that the one time I used gold tracer on a build, I constantly used it's R2's because they are *** awesome.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:19 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:The way Dark Souls currently is, R2s almost always get you backstabbed.
    Lets take a look at some of the most used weapons to prove this:
    Uchigatana: The R2 is a thrusting attack with a slow charge up, all they would have to do is see it then side step and backstab you.
    Zweihander: The R2 is a slamming attack, if it misses, you're getting backstabbed. Period.
    Balder Side Sword: Although strong, all someone has to do is roll behind you for the backstab, assuming they aren't hit by lag/phantom damage.
    Claymore: Very easy to sidestep and punish.

    Then again, all these attacks can be extremely useful is you combo from R1s, but people are too lazy for that.
    You ever seen a Gold Tracer user who is actually using the Gold Tracer? Very rarely.

    Once people begin finding new overpowered weapons, R2s may come back.
    then use different weapons. I often hit people with my Black Knight R2's, as well as plenty of other weapons. I also recall that the one time I used gold tracer on a build, I constantly used it's R2's because they are *** awesome.
    Yeah, whenever I use Gold Tracer, the R2s always draw me in.
    Also, I had a build that got the Halberd drop, and I used it to gain souls so I could upgrade my Pyro flame, and I can honestly say, that R2 is OP as hell.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by User1 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:21 pm

    Painting Guardian Sword has lovely R2's.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Rynn on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:24 pm

    All R2's in this game are incredibly beautiful and effect moved, but must be used at the appropriate time. I have truly not found a single useless R2 attack.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by User1 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 pm

    Jumping attacks also. They have great usage, such as Great Scythe's. A nice, smooth move, which can easily dead angle.
    avatar
    mackofspades
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 59
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 23

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by mackofspades on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:26 pm

    Honestly, people like that suck, But i havent had to deal with that in forever Shrug I always respectfully R1R1 then back up and give them a chance to recover. I mean, who wants a pvp match that last 5 seconds after all the trouble to start one? Not this guy. BTW, whats your PSN? Cause i might have just pvped you not long ago lol


    _________________
    :red-stone: We Will [NOT] Invade.:red-stone:
    WE ARE THE EXILED OF ARIAMIS

    PSN: Mackofspades
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Rynn on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:33 pm

    Because if you did not pack the poise to tank my blows than that is your punishment. -not- spamming r1 just because you don't think stunlocks are fun is effectively making our opponent have a stronger build than they truly have.

    R1 spammers don't bother me, because if you spam R1, I'm going to win the conflict, since my R1's both do more damage and stun easier.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by User1 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 pm

    I guess in this case, you are most likely talking about your Black Knight?
    Because, damn, does he hit hard.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:38 pm

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=143714606328063824
    My current setup, I'd love to replace Wolf Ring with Red Tear so I didn't have to menu swap constantly, but due to everyone spamming R1, that's not going to happen any time soon.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Latitoast on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 pm

    That Black Knight scares me.

    Mine may not fat roll, but even with 50 STR and +5, I still don't hit that high.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers


    Sponsored content

    Re: R1 spammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:40 am