Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Need help making a PvE character better for PvP

Sweord
    Sweord

Need help making a PvE character better for PvP Empty Need help making a PvE character better for PvP

Post by Sweord Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Hello. I'm currently on my first playthrough of Dark Souls. I've been doing pretty well so far, not had very much trouble with bosses and the like. (Although I did watch a lot of people play before I started) After finally beating the Four Kings (hardest boss for me so far) I joined up with the Darkwraith covenant and have been trying my hand at PvP. Needless to say, I'm terrible.

I know that I'm not going to be great, but I also think my build has not been doing me any favors. It does wonderfully in PvE, but I think it's not really suited to PvP, and as such I'm hoping someone here would be able to help me modify my character's build to make it more PvP viable. I'm pretty much open to anything, even drastic changes to what I've been playing with.

Here's the build I'm using right now: http://mmdks.com/1xcc Please keep in mind that only the Claymore is at +15, everything else is in the midst of being upgraded.

I don't know if it would be a better idea to simply play this character to the end of the game and make a new one specifically for PvP, but I would like to use this character to get used to PvP before I think about making a build designed for it. I'm aiming for this character to rest at SL 120 so I can mess around with it when I'm at the end of the game.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can help me out.

Prostration
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Need help making a PvE character better for PvP Empty Re: Need help making a PvE character better for PvP

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 pm

You got the bones of a good quality build with your dex and str and got good Pyro spells. Pump the rest into endurance and vit. Stats suit the Claymore.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need help making a PvE character better for PvP Empty Re: Need help making a PvE character better for PvP

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 pm

http://mmdks.com/1xdj true quality pyro since you already invested in attunement slots. 45dex is optional but a really good investion imo. this is my 40end loadout for a 6.0 weapon. for my experience quick roll and 76poise has been a very strong combination but you can consider lower poise (61 is next best) for better armor/shield options.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=405912181840084221

Try this :3
    Sweord
    Sweord

Post by Sweord Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 am

Thanks for all the help, guys. happy I decided to go with Xenon's build, and I have to say I've already had a ton of fun with it. Of course, I'm still not any better at PvP, but I think I'm actually starting to challenge my opponents. Of course, most of the people I run into immediately summon in phantoms, but I'll just have to get used to that. lol
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 am

Coming from someone fairly new to the PvP/invading aspect of the game, my tip is to listen to the veteran PvPers and their advice. So far it has made me a little better @PvP(I'm still improving) by heeding their sage words of wisdom. Plus just by reading through some of the posts I have picked up a few tips that have helped me immensely as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 am