Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore Empty Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:04 pm

So I was wondering if anyone was interested in a bit of speculation and external lore discussion in regards to what we have seen so far.

An example I would like to bring up is in regards to the Silver Chariot. There is a tarot card known as the Chariot, its relation is typically to strife, to great challenges and overcoming them. However it has a connotation of tackling challenges in other ways rather than simply going head on, to strike from the side or in another manner. Victory by any means is another connection within the tarot card which is interpreted. Another idea is that the chariot represents domination of the mind, and the boss is found in the Torture Chamber which may be a sort of motif in the area.

There are also connections such as Helios and other mythic figures giving the Chariot a relation to the sun, to night, to cycles, and the waning crescent moon. There are also a lot of depictions of chariots leading people to the gates of hell,

In regards back to the tarot, there is a constant theme of black and white which can sort of be seen in the character modeal present.

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%202/1365616389-dark-souls-ii-playstation-3-ps3-2_zps3a225fc1.jpg

The horses, his steeds, have white bones and black manes/clothing, the black and white aspects are typically associated with the steeds of the Chariot.

Anyone else have anything they have picked up on?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore Empty Re: Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am

I thought the charioteer looked a bit like the Undead Male Merchant, but that's probably just me being silly.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore Empty Re: Linking Internal and External Dark Souls 2 Lore

Post by eminusx Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:35 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I thought the charioteer looked a bit like the Undead Male Merchant, but that's probably just me being silly.

well, he's out of a job since DS so its nice to see he's keeping busy!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 am

I wont start talking about lore until the game comes out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am