Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
skarekrow13
Robotech
Rona
WerehoundXX
djgq42
Turin
befowler
Griever
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Rynoa
SlakeMoth
Zechk
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
karchun
DanielCdable
callipygias
Tolvo
Hylian
Dark75Messiah
AeroSigma
Scudman_Slayer
Blazefury
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
Uparkaam
Wade_Wilson
LordRevan
Jarlaxe
BoilerFan8472
Harlequin
DeCeleRator93
Yarxov
RaSoul
ZeGlobox
Raddykal
Villain1
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kyoke
Ser Winston
Doelker
nsane32
Gundragon
JY4answer
The_Tao
Soulkrazy
Carphil
meridam99
Darkson
Jenova_X
Serious_Much
theAnimus
jjshowal
57 posters

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? Empty Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by jjshowal Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

The Dark Souls/Demon's Souls series, although not plot heavy, is filled with some seriously memorable moments. Just wanted to start a fun conversation on what everyone's favorite moment has been in DkS, whether it be a boss fight, PvP, or any random moment.

One of the more funnier moments occurred a few days ago as I was heading up Sen's Fortress to fight the Iron Golem. I was running along the cat walks evading the boulder throwing giant when I was suddenly invaded. I was open and ready for a good fight and waited for him in the room with the cages. He didn't show up for a few moments, so I went to see where he was. He ended up following me and I jumped out to the catwalk, he was holding a Halberd and I was two-handing my titanite catch pole. I could tell he was just going to wait for the right moment to go for an attack. I struck an attack and then rolled away right as he was lunging forward, only to fall off the catwalk to the bottom of the fortress killing himself. It was a cheap way to die, but I guess he deserved it. And, I was pretty tense considering I hadn't yet found the hidden bonfire on the ledge and didn't want to go through the whole schpiel again. It was pretty classic DS invasion shenanigans.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? Empty Re: Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Favorite Moment... Wow. I guess when I finally got to that damned first bell, after the Gargoyles. Took me an eternity, it seems like.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far? Empty Re: Favorite moment in Dark Souls thus far?

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 pm

When i finally did the gargoyles the first time was one of my favourites..

I liked the first time i beat centipede demon too, bastard really stumped me originally silly
    Jenova_X
    Jenova_X
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Jenova_X Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:21 pm

One of the worst moments I had was in Sen's. I had just gotten key when I was invaded. I ran as fast as I could to open the short cut. Rite as I open the door the BP backstabs me before I can activate it. I was furious, so so freakin furious! That moment made me almost come un glued, lmfao! It sucked but was very memorable and I can look back and chuckle now lol
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:When i finally did the gargoyles the first time was one of my favourites..

I liked the first time i beat centipede demon too, bastard really stumped me originally silly

Hmmm, why do people find the gargoyles so hard? I mean, I don't wanna brag, but it's my first playtrough and it took me 2 tries to defeat them. 8) But only because the first time I was so freaking scared during the fight. And then I returned to take revenge! Keh heh heh heh heh
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 pm

My favorite was just a couple of days ago...I legitimately went all the way and beat Bed of Chaos with a level 12 toon. Went back to the Parish and dropped my soul sign, got summoned immediately and the guy who summoned me was in the middle of being griefed. The summoner ran behind me and the griefer took a swing...at my target shield, Chaos Bandit Knife +5 riposte to the gut and then immediately starts flaming me in messages about the BB glitch. I responded, "No glitch here, but even if I did the glitch, how would that help me parry and riposte?" His response, which was classic, "The better equipment you have the easier it is to parry!" Maybe it is just me, but I never thought of the target shield as being Uber!
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Darkson wrote:Hmmm, why do people find the gargoyles so hard?

Having not played Demon's, I can say that the learning curve for the first portion of the game was profound. The entire Undead Burg/Parish experience to me was by far the most grueling, only to be topped off with a seemingly impossible encounter with 2 Gargoyles.

Which is why I say the ringing that Bell has to be my favorite happy
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm

My favorite moment was beating Ornstein and Smough. I died soo many times by super ornstein in my first playthrough. Others would be reaching the stone dragon at ash lake, finally opening Kiln, and became a darkwraith on my second playthrough
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Defeating the bell gargoyles the first time and ringing the 1st bell.

I too did not play demon souls so starting dark souls with no experience whatsoever was hard. died alot in burg and parish. i remember spending 10 hours on burg-parish alone trying to level up my character thinking i need more hp and stamina to have a chance with those beasts!
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 pm

theAnimus wrote:
    Darkson wrote:Hmmm, why do people find the gargoyles so hard?

Having not played Demon's, I can say that the learning curve for the first portion of the game was profound. The entire Undead Burg/Parish experience to me was by far the most grueling, only to be topped off with a seemingly impossible encounter with 2 Gargoyles.

Which is why I say the ringing that Bell has to be my favorite happy

Yeah, I agree. And the whole Undead Burg/Parish to the bell ring was/is my favourite part (by now :roll:) and I actually wish the whole game would take place in that same kind of that ummm... "burgish" environment. It was just so intense. I loved it. But the Boss fight was fairly easy for me.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm

A really cool moment for me was reaching the bonfire in Anor Londo after the 2 archers, were I chilled for a while with my sunbro, and then had my very first co-op there. Summonded a nice and helpful guy in Silver Knight armor, we had some epic fights. Destroyed all the enemies, 2 invaders, and finally Ornstein and Smough. A really cool first co-op I had there. Just very satisfying and fun.
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:06 pm

My faorite moment was probably the first time I saw the gaping dragon. It's cut seen was like

:shock:
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Mine? Go read my post on my best moment so far. It still is.
    Gundragon
    Gundragon

Post by Gundragon Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Beating Ornstein and Smough. Those two kicked my butt about ten times before I finally beat them. Plus I found a use for the binoculars!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 pm

the first time I killed Quelagg toke me 20 tries and all the humanity I had Meldred is the worst AI to summon
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Mildred can actually take some hits, but its very dificult to keep her alive
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:10 pm

yes to bad estas doesnt heal AI and I would allways get traped by lave but on my NG+ killed her on my first try used only one flask sweet revenge MUHAHAHA
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Gundragon wrote:Beating Ornstein and Smough. Those two kicked my butt about ten times before I finally beat them. Plus I found a use for the binoculars!

Lol, there never was a use for the binoculars for me anyway if i have a bow.

The only hazard is that you could accidently harm... those
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

There is one guy here in the forums with her avatar, I laughed so much yesterday
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Well, the first time I beat O&S I was so full with adrenaline, it didn't take to many tries, and not because they are easy, no, but because it was an Epic battle, I only had two flasks and Super O still had half life bar...
    Oh man I remember that when I see him falling I actually screamed from joy and had a smile on my face. After that, being rewarded looking at Big Boobs Gwenevere. was just priceless.
    My worst moment... Losing like 300,000 souls and 14 Humanities at the ToG just because I didn't have a clue of how dark the place is and kept falling to my dead.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm

I have 99 humanity on me 99 in my pocket 99 in the box im set for life
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:31 pm

PS3 or Xbox? When i get home I could steal some from you winking
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Entering Anor Londo for the first time was magical. I looked around at the ledge behind the first Elevator thinking to myself, "Nothing could top this...masterpiece."

However, they truly saved the best for last. The Kiln of the First Flame was just...a gorgeous area. A different kind of beauty, no doubt. But both truly fantastic areas with brilliant level design. I applaud From; seeing those two places for the first time was awe-inspiring on so many levels.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm

I imagine the developers spent weeks just perfecting the movement of Gwynevere's bewbs as she breathes.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:38 pm

I am on XLB GT:nsane32

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am