Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack Empty ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack

Post by Micha369 Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello folks,

I'm in ng+ and in my first two playthroughs I didn't have much problems with the four kings.

But now in ng+ they always grab me and ruin my health.
    I don't see any indicaytor for this attack! How do they telegraph this ugly move?

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack Empty Re: ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack

Post by Werdax Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

They usually spin around them self when they prepare their grab attack. I am yet to figure out how to safely dodge this attack. For the moment being, I can only occasionally dodge it.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack Empty Re: ng+ four kings: indicator for the grabbing attack

Post by Micha369 Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Actually there are two "grabbing" attacks although I didn't know the one that is said to kill me instantly. This is done very seldom, thankfully. What I mean is the grabbing and then holding me just before his face. This is done very often, appr. one or two times by each king. And I never see this coming! This cost appr. 50% of my hp! And this ist often the reason that I die!
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Strafe behind them. Usually works since they try to act much like smough when he's doing his hammer charge and just spin in a circle.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am

Here you can see the grab attack I mean in the time of 0:2:55 - 0:3:10
    At 00:03:30 it already comes again!!! This is fu..ing frustrating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aawoEnVssEY

It always comes so suddenly, so fast, so unheralded!
    Can you see an advance warning sign?

EDIT:
    Four Kings are a pain...

I have no clue how to kill one of them!
    I don't see where I am. With all other enemies I see what's going on.
    I'm in front of a king, I try to get behind him but I somehow always before him. Or he is spinning with me so that I don'd get myself behind his ***.

Should I use my Artorias Greatsield? Or should I use both hands? Is Balder Side Sword +15 (which is said to do the most dmg. per second) better than my Murakumo+15 (which is more slowly but makes much more dmg.)?
    I'm to slow so after a short time another king appears and also fights me.
    I don't know what to do. With all the other bosses I saw at least a progress in the direction that I was getting more and more successful. But here I don't even see a little success!

Thanks!

EDIT:
    Now I go and search a second Murakumo and then I let it rework to Fire.Murakumo+10. Maybe that helps!
    This doesn't help either. Fire-Murakumo+10 is not better than Murakumo+15 (Dex 52).
    Here in the Wiki it reads that four kings have a weakness against fire. This fire weakness must be to little!
    I don't see how to dodge the attacks of the kings! I need the soul of four kings!!!

Four Kings are solved! Fire Murakumo doesn't help although it is said in this wiki that Four Kings are vulnerable with fire. But Murakumo is to slow!
    I tried Balder Side Sword +15 what is a very good weapon but I often didn't hit him.
    So I took Silver knight Sword+5 and Havels armor and finally won. I also learned to see the grabbing attacks an dthe magical attacks in advance.
    but is is really difficult to recognise the correct position because of all the darkness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm