Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants

jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants Empty Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm

If I were to equip the Fog Ring in the Tomb of the Giants while invading, can the host see me? I'm not sure about this because I think that you can clearly see phantoms there. But I don't know if the Fog Ring affects that.

Anyone got any tips for stealth? I might just stick to using Chameleon if the Fog Ring just doesn't cut it. Or at least, I won't bother invading Tomb of the Giants with it on.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants Empty Re: Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants

Post by LunarFog Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Short answer: yes.

The difference between being a red phantom with and without the fog ring would be about the same as being a glowing red lightbulb in the dark with it on, and being a red blanket in the dark without it on.

You'll still be visible, but you'll be way less conspicuous. If you're far away enough however, in one of the darkest areas then the host might not notice you at first. I'd go with chameleon though. Fog ring only works when your hosting(or you're a blue phantom in a blue area)
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants Empty Re: Question about the Fog Ring and Tomb of the Giants

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Ah ok, thanks. I was planning on doing some sort of glass cannon Dragonslayer Bow build there. How effective would you say Chameleon is? In the forest, it's pretty easy to tell someone using it apart from the surrounding trees.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Chameleon depends on the lighting to. Even though the fog ring works better in the dark, I found that chameleon actually works better in bright places. If you're in bright enough light then there's no way they should be able to tell you apart unless they memorized where every statue in the catacombs is.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Slumbering dragon ring or hush sorcery. Use aural decoy. Chameleon works alright if your victim does not know the environment. Fog ring works better in the Tomb than the Catacombs and Lunarfog makes an excellent point about the lighting qualities of the FR. I would like to point out that any benefit of the ring is negated when the user has eaten green blossom or has cloranthy/grass crest equiped. I have been attacked by a green glow on more than one occasion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am